Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I got annoyed that I can't sleep and my da said that because I had such an exciting and happy vacation that my brain is having a high and needs to come down. I have had a really fun time and I had some good fun playing. I proper regressed to a little girl . I am not sure how I will go about adult in tomorrow, but hopefully I should be back to normal soon.

What do you think has happened, was it like my dad said about brain not wanting to stop having fun?

Well,

Being on the older side, we didn't have names like aspbergers or the spectrum of autism, we either could do the work or not...

That being said, I know if I've had a special time recently, or a project to do, or anything out of the usual...

My mind just races and keeps me up, I think this is part of anyone on the autistic spectrum...to varying degrees obviously.

So, myself, I need to put all the toys/iPad/phone/Tv/computer out of my reach, for me it's not enough to just turn them off...I need all it to be out of my reach... I'm my case, usually that means locked crib with not adult toys, of course my fluffy puppie, but nothing else...then it takes a couple hours and my head starts slowing down...

You've mentioned things that make me feel you may have varying degrees of the same things going on...

Try to remove anything that's distracting you, not security things, but more adult things...

May be able to simply turn everything off and/or over to another room...

Give it a try!

Angelic said:
I got annoyed that I can't sleep and my da said that because I had such an exciting and happy vacation that my brain is having a high and needs to come down. I have had a really fun time and I had some good fun playing. I proper regressed to a little girl . I am not sure how I will go about adult in tomorrow, but hopefully I should be back to normal soon.

What do you think has happened, was it like my dad said about brain not wanting to stop having fun?

Yes. Hee, hee.

I the same. Once I relaxed and have little time. And I forgot I an adult, I find it really hard when it time to come back up. But usually I sleep the night I been playing lots. It the following night. And the night before, if it someing like LBL. I have to tell my self that if I don't go to sleep I not going to enjoy playing tomorrow.

I suggest you do give yourself at all time, if you can and don't come back up to quickly.
I found I suck at Adulting the days after I regress. I suck at being an adult any way, but you know what i mean.

Have fun little one.

Sisi

I did good at adult img today

Not being able to sleep happens to everyone. Stress, excitement, or a bit too much caffeine can all get your heart racing and your mind wandering so that it's hard to nod off. My solution is usually to try and change things up a bit if that's happening. Eat a light snack, like some toast, have something warm to drink (milk, herbal tea, that sort of thing) and then try to settle back. Or, if you're able without bugging anyone, try to get a little exercise for 15 minutes or so. Pace your room if you can't go out at night. Exercise in particular uses up all the chemicals (adrenaline mostly) that gets your heart racing and your mind keeping pace.

It's best to avoid stimulants beyond a certain time of day. Also, it's hard to sleep if you've been online before going to bed. I try to remember to log off the computer at least an hour before bedtime. Kind of like when I was younger and my parents wouldn't let me drink liquids after a certain time so I didn't wet the bed. I don't follow that rule any longer but do stay off the computer.

Angelic said:

When you experience a stimulating event (like going on holiday), your mind has a lot of extra information to process as you're out of your usual surroundings and routines, and maybe interacting with people more, so more "stuff" is happening in your brain.

Also, sleep has been shown to be useful in establishing long-term memories. When we sleep, our minds unconsciously sift through everything that's happened throughout the day. Dreams are the semi-conscious interpretations of our memories being replayed unconsciously as we sleep.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3768102/

Psychologically speaking, we also tend to (consciously) run through events in our minds, thinking about what happened -- whether we were in the right, what we should have said, what might have happened if we'd said or done things differently, etc., etc. This is normal, although if you tend to be an anxious person (like me), you'll do this a lot.

So, I reckon that you've just got more things to think about and remember while you're awake, and, as you start to drift off into light REM sleep, your semi-conscious mind makes your "dreams" more energetic, so you're more likely to wake yourself up just as you properly fall asleep, so it feels like you've just been laying there wide awake all the time.

Trying to relax your body and mind (by having a warm bath, or progressively tensing and relaxing every muscle in your body, listening to calming music etc.) should help you fall asleep.

Sweet dreams! :smile:

Hey, that sounds like what could be happening, thanks for the insight! Tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back