a bit disapointing purchase..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
my parents went on a 10 day vacation so i took the chance and ordered some new diapers. i got a bag of ID super, attends m10 and abena delta form m3.

i was excited when i got them but got a bit disapointed once i opened the box and saw the words "cotton feel" on the ID bag. i thought those were plastic but it seems they cheaped out on those too.

then i opened the attends and let out a sad sigh when i saw how thin they were. last time i bought attends they were significantly thicker and overall better made. the ones i got today are plastic with cloth wings which would be okay if the wings weren't so narrow. the bottom tapes are kinda too high to get a good fit.

at least the abenas didn't let me down. i really like them so far. they're thicker than other diapers i got, the cloth backing feels almost like plastic and those velcro tapes are great. deffinetly getting more of those next time.

I can understand that feeling. I am always hesitant to try new diapers because especially recently it seems that brands are changing their products for the worse (e.g. Depend).

I'm glad you got at least one pack that you ended up liking!

If you're like me and only like smooth plastic shelled diapers, you start to get very suspicious of any new medical offering. Words like "breathable" are common and a tip off but sometimes they can be more subtle. I've only been disappointed like that from one store purchase and I'm perhaps overly cautious going forward.

Trevor said:
If you're like me and only like smooth plastic shelled diapers, you start to get very suspicious of any new medical offering. Words like "breathable" are common and a tip off but sometimes they can be more subtle. I've only been disappointed like that from one store purchase and I'm perhaps overly cautious going forward.

I know it's overkill, but I've been shying away from things unless they explicitly identify them as plastic backed.

Breathable, velcro tabs, and a few others I can't think of right now are my red flags.

zaps said:
I know it's overkill, but I've been shying away from things unless they explicitly identify them as plastic backed.

Breathable, velcro tabs, and a few others I can't think of right now are my red flags.

I'd say a little paranoia in this area is worth it. Any clothlike cover pretty much kills the experience for me, so caution is warranted. At this point, unless I know a medical product is smooth plastic, I assume clothlike cover until investigation proves otherwise.

I agree that cloth backed products have very little chance of being in my stash.

As others have said, lookout for words like breathable, cloth like, soft outer cover. Read descriptions thoroughly, and if your targeted seller doesn't give that description, seek out another web site with better descriptions.

Beware of sellers that don't update their product descriptions or photos. I know they're some sellers that still visibly show Attends products from back in the 90s.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Beware of sellers that don't update their product descriptions or photos. I know they're some sellers that still visibly show Attends products from back in the 90s.

Even Depend's website shows images for the old plastic backed diapers, despite the fact that they don't make them any more. And that's the manufacturer of the product!

That's a shame, you must of selected the wrong version when you placed you're order, as they do a full plastic backed nappy, I see you are from the UK so you should be able to get them here.
Nappies r us do them. Or you could try the Drylife super. They are very identical to the ID slip except they are all white, except for the wetness indicator, these too can be bought from Nappies R Us. I love these as they are nice and crinkly and very good absorbency for their price. You can get 45 nappies for just over 22 pounds , absolute bargain!
Plus if you love AB style nappies they also do Bambinos which have just arrived in the UK and Europe. plus the MyDiaper are also great and full plastic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back