How did you manage to get comfortable peeing in diapers?

I found the trick is gradually build on where your body feels comfortable going and just practice in other areas. If it's in your bathroom that's fine, that's where I started and gradually I have been able to go anywhere.

The bedroom especially the bed is the hardest as that's where a bulk of your potty training in from your formative years.

Just like others have said trust your padding and just be patient.

Reactions: BISKIT, lilcamper, WOLFPUBBY and 1 other person
I can wet no problem standing up walking etc. I still have not found a way to wet in bed. I do leak a little anyway, but am unable to wet.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: BISKIT, Lostdiapersboy, lilcamper and 2 others
Thank f
WOLFPUBBY said:
I’ve made a bit of progress, AKA I can go in my room now so long as I’m, like, squatting. Haven’t tried standing yet but I assume it’d be fine too. It just takes a bit of patience. Sitting and laying down are still no-gos, but I’ll keep trying.
Thank you for your continued replies!! I appreciate your guys’ interest in this topic. I find that it’s a lot easier for me to go where I want when I go into it confidently, not doubting myself. I just reassure myself that I am in a private environment, nobody ever knocks on my door, and even if they did, it’s locked— And that the diapers I have are high capacity and don’t leak. AND even if they did, all I would have to do is clean the carpet. No big deal ultimately. The biggest challenge will be anything in public but I would prefer to avoid it anyway. If I have to go out and want to be diapered, I layer on a couple Goodnites, just for the comforting secure feeling, not to use.

Reactions: lilcamper and PadPhilosopher
My biggest challenges right now are wetting laying down (on the couch) and wetting while sitting in a chair (the car is impossible at this point). I am confident that my biggest obstacle is the fear of leaking, especially out of the back of the leg gathers just below my glutes. Both of these positions are really susceptible for that (assuming you are pointing down, which is the only way I can see how to wet from either position without leaking.) I am going to go down a size in my diaper and eliminate boosters to see if I can get a tighter/more secure fit around the legs while still allowing room for my appendage to be relatively unconstrained. Of course, I can always get plastic pants to cover up, but then I just feel even more constricted and unnatural, which makes it harder to just relax and let go naturally. At the end of the day, modern ABDL diapers have gotten so damn good (I love Tykables waddle cuts), that I need to just relax and trust the diaper.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and PadPhilosopher
When I get up in the morning, I dont go to the restroom so I wait until I diaper up knowing I gotta go by then. Then I would release a little bit and then hold it, and go again in 10 minutes. Remember just a bit at a time so that you can remain control over the release. I let the diaper soak it up first before releasing again so that the diaper dont leak. I work my way into releasing it when talking, standing, sitting, walking, etc... Only trouble I have is when I am driving, probably due to the seats and seat belts.

As for sleeping- I just cannot fall asleep when wearing so I don't wear to bed. I don't get that many opportunities several nights in a row to be able to learn how to cuz I'm married and my wife doesn't know I like to wear. I wear while at work or when she's out of town.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I started out be sitting on the toilet while wearing a diaper, as mentioned in the original post. Soon after, I was able to pee while standing.

The most difficult part was peeing while lying down. I got a hypnotherapist to help me with that, but it wasn't an overnight process. It took a long time, and an improved ability to relax. Back then, I had a bed that could be adjusted electrically, so I would raise the back to pee sitting, and then gradually lower it.

Now I usually pee effortlessly while lying down.

Reactions: PricklyPear and PadPhilosopher
That is why I am wearing Diapers and Plastic Pants 24/7 because I Wet No Matter where I am obviously I wear my Diapers when I wet in the grocery store or in the car nobody else knows what I have in my underwear.

In my case, it was very hard for me to pee at the beginning and it took me some time to get used to it.

However, I always went #2 during my messy escapades, and sometimes, when I did, I emptied out a lot, so I ended up relaxing completely and peeing (in fact, it was a sign of total relaxation and of a big mess for me).

Ironically, now I do it all the time without any hesitation and there are times when I have to go #1 before proceeding, so it might have something to do with relaxing and getting used to it without rushing it 😁

practice..... it took a good number of months before I could just relax and let it go

Reactions: LittleTyke and PadPhilosopher
Practice + wearing a diaper you trust is really the key. If you don’t trust the diaper you’re wearing it’s hard to let yourself pee in it. If you’re nervous about leaking it might be helpful to stand in the shower and “practice”.

Reactions: fredy552, Diaperon and PadPhilosopher
DiaperGirly said:
Practice + wearing a diaper you trust is really the key. If you don’t trust the diaper you’re wearing it’s hard to let yourself pee in it. If you’re nervous about leaking it might be helpful to stand in the shower and “practice”.
dont forget plastic or rubber pants?/ need these when laying down.

• Thinking
Reactions: fredy552, BabyLouise and PadPhilosopher
Something you just need to discover for yourself I think. It is such a personal thing. For me, I can let go just about anywhere, but in bed has always been the most difficult for me. This is some major conditioning thing for sure. I think I worked so hard to overcome my bed wetting as a teen that I’ve developed some serious mental aversion to letting go in bed. I have learned to some degree, but it’s still a difficult process.

Most importantly, just enjoy it wherever it works for you.

Reactions: BISKIT, BabyLouise and PadPhilosopher
it takes practice and concentration. Close eyes and pretend you are standing by/ sitting on the toilet. Like anything it takes practice. If I know I’ve got a nappy on now I can just go without even thinking about it

WOLFPUBBY said:
It's like I have a mental block..! I've heard about the same from everyone, that I should try using a diaper on the toilet to become accustomed to it, but it sort of defeats the point in my mind to wear a diaper and go to the toilet anyways. It ruins the magic, so to speak..? I woud really love to hear some advice, because as of now, I can only convince myself to wet my diapers when I am either doing the dishes in the kitchen (???) Or on the toilet. I'd love to get to where I can wet them in bed without really thinking about it. It seems that it's way easier for me to do when I am smoking weed or drunk, but of course, I do not wish to rely on either of those, nor do I like drinking at all anymore..!

I don't think I'm afraid of leaks. I was when I was in Goodnites, but now that I use ABDL diapers, I know for a fact I won't leak on my first or second wetting. Maybe it's just the conditioning of having to use a toilet, and only a toilet, with nothing else really being acceptable in common society..

I'm not asking to be un-potty trained, i just want to get over the mental block / psychological aspect of not being able to use my diaper when I want to, to clarify!
You just lt go ,might take you a moment because you’re reflexes but just relax and let go

ozbub said:
Something you just need to discover for yourself I think. It is such a personal thing. For me, I can let go just about anywhere, but in bed has always been the most difficult for me. This is some major conditioning thing for sure. I think I worked so hard to overcome my bed wetting as a teen that I’ve developed some serious mental aversion to letting go in bed. I have learned to some degree, but it’s still a difficult process.

Most importantly, just enjoy it wherever it works for you.
I know what you mean

chamberpot said:
Oh for sure I meant to do it, I was always into enjoying being wet, there was always something so naughty and fun about it. I never minded being in either wet pants or a wet bed, of course I started hiding it as I got older, but given the opportunity to pee my pants i took it, nobody really ever noticed or let me know they noticed
Yes I meant it always even as a young child

Reactions: chamberpot and PadPhilosopher
BISKIT said:
You just lt go ,might take you a moment because you’re reflexes but just relax and let go
Explore my friend.I’ve been doing this my whole life

Reactions: nectar0001 and PadPhilosopher
BISKIT said:
Yes I meant it always even as a young child
Myself as well

• Wow
Babybub said:
I can wet no problem standing up walking etc. I still have not found a way to wet in bed. I do leak a little anyway, but am unable to wet.
Me too,anywhere anytime.all day and twice on Sunday

• Haha
Reactions: Babybub and PadPhilosopher
Back