Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 3 guest views remaining

Best way to use baby diapers as stuffers?

Riddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
So, kind of an impulse buy, but I god some Luvs size 6. My standard fare, though, is Goodnites. Would they work as a stuffer in an XL Goodnite?
I figure I could slit the outer cover, but that could mean spilling the SAP.
Any tips?

Reactions: Cottontail and goodnitedog
I'm not an expert on good nights but I have doubled up on diapers before.

I would recommend cutting off the tapes and any material besides the core. Then instead of making a slit down the middle of the core, carefully take a thumb tack or similarly sized pokey tool and poke lots of holes in the water proof layer. This should allow fluids to flow through without spilling sap everywhere.

Of course, I would recommend comercial stuffers to increase capacity, but this will do in a pinch! Good luck!

Reactions: AJFan2020 and CuriousFabio
I peel off the elastics, then the shell, and just use the padding!

• Thinking
Reactions: AJFan2020 and CuriousFabio
PaddedCub said:
I peel off the elastics, then the shell, and just use the padding!
I've done this with pampers before and you basically end up with a bag of sap that works amazingly well, but it's very hard to get the plastic off cleanly without ripping the bag open, and it's not immediately obvious.
That amount of loose sap basically means your wearing a mini jelly bath as soon as you wet.

Reactions: AJFan2020
I usually take an awl and use it to poke a bunch of holes in the outer, then with a scissors I’ll trim the outer edges of the baby diaper, the waistbands and legbands, so all you have left is the padded part. Now you can open it up and lay it flat on the inside of your adult diaper.

Reactions: akbabydante
What I do is remove the tapes because they irritate and itch you. I don't poke holes or cut slits, I use 2. 1 on the back and the other in the very front. Makes for a thick diaper when they're both wet.

Reactions: AJFan2020, CuriousFabio and DBabygirl2
I recommend getting the largest size baby diapers (target, Luvs or pampers), don’t poke holes, just cut off tapes, and use as stuffers. Works great for long road trips and overnight.. especially for heavy wetters.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and theancientmariner
DBabygirl2 said:
I recommend getting the largest size baby diapers (target, Luvs or pampers), don’t poke holes, just cut off tapes, and use as stuffers. Works great for long road trips and overnight.. especially for heavy wetters.
Interesting. I figured they’d stop wetness from getting to the outer diaper.

I do one of two ways. These days I usually just fold the tape wings under and insert the diaper. Use the stuffer, which leaks a little into the big diaper. Take it out, roll it, tape it, and keep using the big diaper! Quick on the initial change, quick to move on.

I used to rip a slit in the absorbent layer of the big diaper and the back sheet of the baby diaper. I'd also rip off the wings and sometimes the leg gatheres would come along. I would then tuck the baby diaper under the absorbent layer and fold the layer over. It would work pretty well at containing loose sap while also seeing good use of both diapers. IMHO Works best with either or both of them not being mega absorbency (eg an overnight diaper).

Incidentally, I think ~size 4 diapers are best for this. Best absorbance/ $ , fit inside a medium adult well, doesn't give u too much diaper

Reactions: theancientmariner
Riddy said:
So, kind of an impulse buy, but I god some Luvs size 6. My standard fare, though, is Goodnites. Would they work as a stuffer in an XL Goodnite?
Any tips?
Normally just cut the wings off, some slits in the front from top to bottom and poke some holes with a needle of some kind. Should allow proper use as a booster.

Like what everyone has been saying about cutting off the wings and poking holes into the baby diapers. If you're willing to shell out some money I would recommend buying a wartenberg wheel for quick an easy hole making. It makes pinholes so you don't have to worry much about spilling SAP from being over zealous with it.

I have used baby diapers as stuffers for quite some time. I don’t bother with cutting off the tabs - I just fold the flaps inward. I will use a very sharp razor and make thin cuts going across the diaper, not deep, but just enough to pierce the plastic but not go into the pulp and sap. They work great in ABDL diapers.
In my experience they don’t work well in a goodnites because the diaper stuffer is too thick and wide in a goodnites and will leak. The crotch of the goodnites is not wide enough to wrap around the diaper stuffer thus allowing urine to leak directly out of the diaper stuffer.

I get the full length if the baby diaper & have the top part in front (because I'm male) to help hold in in place I stick the tapes of the baby one on the outer shell of my regular diaper. They usually hold one wetting before I have to take it out, I don't mess with the outer shell of any diapers because I don't want to deal any unneeded leaks afterwards.

Onesieman said:
I get the full length if the baby diaper & have the top part in front (because I'm male) to help hold in in place I stick the tapes of the baby one on the outer shell of my regular diaper. They usually hold one wetting before I have to take it out, I don't mess with the outer shell of any diapers because I don't want to deal any unneeded leaks afterwards.

This works especially well with medium ABUniverse Little Kings and Alpha Gators. Size 8 Pampers and Huggies are at least three times the length and width of a male guard, and are far better suited for that purpose. And they will save a lot of money too!

flash890 said:
Like what everyone has been saying about cutting off the wings and poking holes into the baby diapers. If you're willing to shell out some money I would recommend buying a wartenberg wheel for quick an easy hole making. It makes pinholes so you don't have to worry much about spilling SAP from being over zealous with it.
diaperwoody said:
I usually take an awl and use it to poke a bunch of holes in the outer, then with a scissors I’ll trim the outer edges of the baby diaper, the waistbands and legbands, so all you have left is the padded part. Now you can open it up and lay it flat on the inside of your adult diaper.
Padded68w said:
I'm not an expert on good nights but I have doubled up on diapers before.

I would recommend cutting off the tapes and any material besides the core. Then instead of making a slit down the middle of the core, carefully take a thumb tack or similarly sized pokey tool and poke lots of holes in the water proof layer. This should allow fluids to flow through without spilling sap everywhere.

Of course, I would recommend comercial stuffers to increase capacity, but this will do in a pinch! Good luck!
Did this, poking holes with a mechanical pencil. So far so good on the first wetting.

Reactions: diaperwoody
Bit of a follow up. I think I cut off a bit too much somewhere because some of the SAP spilled out. But it seemed to transfer wetness to the Goodnite pretty well.

Reactions: diaperwoody and Padded68w
Riddy said:
Any tips?
The different layers can be separated using hot air from an electric heater i do this to remove the elasticated bits i have become quite skilled at stripping down a nappy until im left with the sap pouch , landing strips can be removed and re used this way.
Modelers glue like UHU can be used to fix and patch , a basic adult nappy can be improved by inserting SAP pouches from kids nappies through a cut and then patch the cut using material from the stripped kids nappy using model glue .
Buy some cheap own brand supermarket nappies to practice on . 🥰

Last edited:
Reactions: Padded68w
The glorious thing about using Pampers and Luvs as boosters is that they come right apart. You don't need scissors or anything. Once you've done it a few times, you can turn one of these diapers into a simple pad in literally five seconds. The actual padding is not compromised, so you won't have SAP grains going everywhere.

Start by tearing along the outer welds on both sides. This removes the wings and leg cuff elastics. It's easiest if you do it quickly.
Pampers_TearHere.jpg

Then just grab the leak guards and pull them out:
Pampers_LeakGuards.jpg

Same thing with the waistband elastic:
Pampers_Waistband.jpg

And then you'll having something like this:
Pampers_Apart.jpg

If you want, though it's not necessary, you can go even further, pulling the top sheet off and then peeling the actually padding off the cover. I don't usually do this:
Pampers_EvenMoreApart.jpg

To be honest, I don't usually bother poking holes or making slices in the back of the padding. That makes a lot more sense if you leave the leakguards on the baby diaper, but there's just no good reason to do that IMO. They can be removed super quickly, and any elastics that you leave on the baby diaper are going to make it sort of shrivel up into an uncomfortable wad between your legs.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Riddy, babybobby and michaelmc
Cottontail said:
The glorious thing about using Pampers and Luvs as boosters is that they come right apart. You don't need scissors or anything. Once you've done it a few times, you can turn one of these diapers into a simple pad in literally five seconds. The actual padding is not compromised, so you won't have SAP grains going everywhere.

Start by tearing along the outer welds on both sides. This removes the wings and leg cuff elastics. It's easiest if you do it quickly.
View attachment 135959

Then just grab the leak guards and pull them out:
View attachment 135960

Same thing with the waistband elastic:
View attachment 135961

And then you'll having something like this:
View attachment 135962

If you want, though it's not necessary, you can go even further, pulling the top sheet off and then peeling the actually padding off the cover. I don't usually do this:
View attachment 135963

To be honest, I don't usually bother poking holes or making slices in the back of the padding. That makes a lot more sense if you leave the leakguards on the baby diaper, but there's just no good reason to do that IMO. They can be removed super quickly, and any elastics that you leave on the baby diaper are going to make it sort of shrivel up into an uncomfortable wad between your legs.
Tried it out. Worked great! Soaked things up well. No spilled SAP.

• Love
Reactions: Cottontail
Riddy said:
Bit of a follow up. I think I cut off a bit too much somewhere because some of the SAP spilled out. But it seemed to transfer wetness to the Goodnite pretty well.
You can always cut a slit in the topsheet of your adult diaper, then slide your baby diaper inside, then tape the slit shut with duct tape. SAP will be contained within your adult diaper. You can also use that opportunity to sprinkle more SAP crystals inside your adult diaper. (You can buy crystals on Amazon)

Back