Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 4 guest views remaining

BeDry diapers?

princessarya

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Has anyone tried these? Looking at them, they seem insanely absorbent and look like something you could pretty much wear all day without a leak. The worst reviews I could find was there was bad customer service, which I don't really care about. However I try to keep my per diaper cost a little lower, but if this gives longer protection then the extra cost is worth it.

Anyhoo, what's your experience with them?

• Love
Reactions: diaperdude
I have enjoyed almost every product InControl produces. I like the BeDry series, but the Active Air is probably my favorite. I'm really not interested in going all day in a single diaper - my concern focuses on something I can wear beneath tennis shorts on a hot summer day - but all the InControl products I've tried or purchased thus far have been top-notch.

Reactions: InControlRobert, diaperdude and princessarya
yeah these are excellent, I've tried most of the BeDry line and find they are excellent for overnight (when I need it most) and in the day if I'm out for a long time and can't get to a bathroom.

Reactions: diaperdude
I have tried all three of the BeDry diapers. They all perform well. Please note that, as I am medically incontinent, it is not my objective to wear them for 18 hours just to see how much they will hold. Rather, I want a diaper that will reliably handing a long night plus a couple of hours after I wake up in the morning. The BeDry diapers do that effectively. However, there are three of these diapers. Which one is best for you?

The InControl BeDry Premium diaper, the least expensive, has an ISO capacity of 7,500 ml in size Large. That is a liter more than the NorthShore Care MegaMax. It is the best value of the lot as it provides more absorbency than one normally needs during the day and is more than adequate at night. Purchased by the case, these cost about $1.85 each. That is the same price as the BetterDry L10 that has been my daily go-to diaper. However, as I add a booster pad to my BetterDry diaper, the BeDry becomes the less expensive of the two. The Be Dry has very tall internal standing leak guards and mechanical hook and loop fasteners that really can be refastened many times.

The BeDry Elite Care diaper has an ISO absorbency of 10,000 ml. Price is about $2.47, purchased by the case.

The InControl BeDry Night Premium diaper has an ISO absorbency of 12,000 ml. Price is $2.83, purchased by the case. I suspect that one will find no significant difference in performance between the BeDry Elite Care and the BeDry Night Premium diapers.

All super-absorbent diapers encounter the problem of gel-blocking or damming where the saturated gel blocks the fluid from reaching further back in the diaper. That is another reason why I consider the least expensive BeDry Premium diaper to be the best value of the three.

--John

• Love
Reactions: depta99, theancientmariner, diaperdude and 1 other person
Rearz / incontrol (same company) stack their numbers, their diapers leak way before capacity. Just a warning, they jacked up their numbers after they started loosing sales to Northshore Megamax… in fact Rearz started using Mega after Megamax… such a horrible company… still can’t believe Rearz tried to copywrite ABDL!

princessarya said:
Has anyone tried these? Looking at them, they seem insanely absorbent and look like something you could pretty much wear all day without a leak. The worst reviews I could find was there was bad customer service, which I don't really care about. However I try to keep my per diaper cost a little lower, but if this gives longer protection then the extra cost is worth it.

Anyhoo, what's your experience with them?
Thy them you’ll love them so buttery soft. I don’t have to worry about how much water I drink especially when I go to the gym in the evening. I can shower and diaper up and sleep all night. They distribute super well and never worry about waking up leaking.

jdinvirginia said:
I have tried all three of the BeDry diapers. They all perform well. Please note that, as I am medically incontinent, it is not my objective to wear them for 18 hours just to see how much they will hold. Rather, I want a diaper that will reliably handing a long night plus a couple of hours after I wake up in the morning. The BeDry diapers do that effectively. However, there are three of these diapers. Which one is best for you?

The InControl BeDry Premium diaper, the least expensive, has an ISO capacity of 7,500 ml in size Large. That is a liter more than the NorthShore Care MegaMax. It is the best value of the lot as it provides more absorbency than one normally needs during the day and is more than adequate at night. Purchased by the case, these cost about $1.85 each. That is the same price as the BetterDry L10 that has been my daily go-to diaper. However, as I add a booster pad to my BetterDry diaper, the BeDry becomes the less expensive of the two. The Be Dry has very tall internal standing leak guards and mechanical hook and loop fasteners that really can be refastened many times.

The BeDry Elite Care diaper has an ISO absorbency of 10,000 ml. Price is about $2.47, purchased by the case.

The InControl BeDry Night Premium diaper has an ISO absorbency of 12,000 ml. Price is $2.83, purchased by the case. I suspect that one will find no significant difference in performance between the BeDry Elite Care and the BeDry Night Premium diapers.

All super-absorbent diapers encounter the problem of gel-blocking or damming where the saturated gel blocks the fluid from reaching further back in the diaper. That is another reason why I consider the least expensive BeDry Premium diaper to be the best value of the three.

--John
That was a very nice review.

I liked them simply because of how soft they were. The capacity of the night premium and the 'least expensive ones' were perfect IMO. Got a sample pack of 2 of each and still holding onto 1 just because of how much I liked it. I appreciate soft plastic on a diaper.

Oh and I didn't realize gel-blocking and damming were the reasons the rear end of our diapers don't get saturated. I've been back in diapers since 2013, and haven't ever realized that.

Reactions: depta99
I should add that despite all I wrote above about absorbency, the most critical factor in diaper selection is the fit. If a diaper does not fit well to your personal shape, it is likely to leak, regardless of the theoretical maximum absorbency.

About the diapers leaking before reaching capacity, that is to be expected. The ISO test is an industrial test that can be helpful in comparing diapers. It essentially is a dunk and weigh process where a diaper is dunked and after hanging for a bit is weighed. It determines the maximum absorbency if all the diaper is completely saturated, including the back. However, for most premium diapers, the useful absorbency usually is about 30% to 35% of the ISO value. For super-absorbent diapers, the weight of the saturated diaper may exceed the ability of the fasteners to hold the diaper together and in place. BTW, as Rearz does not conduct the ISO tests (they are an international standard), they cannot "jack up their numbers."

As I also am bowel incontinent, the excellent and very tall internal standing leak guards are important for me. In addition to keeping fecal material away from the leg gathers, they also help by keeping urine over the mat until it can be absorbed.

I'm double incontinent and have worn diapers 24/7 for about 11 years. I never have found a "perfect" diaper. All are compromises.

Good luck everyone.

--John

Reactions: maxgood and Freddie07601
These are all excellent, thoughtful reviews. One issue I have with all the medical diapers I've tried so far is clumping. It was particularly bad for me in the betterdry/crinklz. Overnight, the fluff would separate within the plastic shell and was a big mess in the morning. It didn't cause a leak but it caused basically a zone of no fluff right in the middle!

I never get this problem with megamax or trest. Do any of you have any insight into the clumping factor with these diapers?

Reactions: Freddie07601
So I decided to buy a bag of BeDry Premium Incontinence Briefs and a bag of Night Premium Incontinence Briefs. Then the total was like $68 and I could either pay $14 for shipping or spend 2 more dollars. So I threw in a sample pack of EliteCare Premium Incontinence Briefs and, For Some Reason, they added it for free, so I got a 2nd sample of them to get me over the mythical 70 dollar threshold for free shipping lol

So I guess what I'm saying is thank you for your advice and I'll find out on my own how they are. 😀

• Love
Reactions: Freddie07601 and diaperdude
Back