Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 3 guest views remaining

Discusing wearing with therapist

So, here is my take on the therapy thing.

#1 NO good therapist should judge you on anything but the impact its having on your own life and being.
#2 NO good therapist should relate your experiance to anothers experiance directly without context and research into you and your exact interactions, reasons, and usage or alike.
#3 NO good patient give the above should withold any information knowingly from a good therapist.

Therapy is a 2 way street, you need a therapist that is willing to do the work and explore the exact interactions with things in relations to you personally, and do so without bias towards you or in realation to other things they have read or from other clients, each person is different and holding a bias based on anothers outcome or experiance is not always the best option.

That said, you as a patient need to be open to the therapist and allow them to have the information to make the unbiased observations that they are there to do. You are there to gain insight from a 3rd parties point of view on your internal (and likely biased and skewed internal) views. Thier take/view/sugesstions are why you are there. If you are there just to let out things and not get any information back, i suggest you insted invest in a diary.

You both need to trust one another to be open and unbiased in exploring things, good, bad, or otherwise. Take on the difficult task of opening up and then actually trying sugesstions as they come up and figure out what works and what does not work.

Also a good therapist that is a good fit is hard to find, dont be afraid to switch to another one if the experiance is feeling stagnant or unfulfilled or even downright hostile to you, there is no one right fit between therapist and patient.

Reactions: Diprs2, TigerDL, littledub1955 and 4 others
I've told mine everything. He specializes in trauma and DID along with hypnotism. Its helped me alot with putting myself together in a way that allows me to function and have inner peace. However i dont wear when im in session because i want to keep it professional and dont want to be inappropriate. He has talked about maybe trying to talk with my little side tho and thought maybe some hypnosis and little time would be a good way to see whats going on in my littles head. Maybe it could help him/me understand why im the way i am but as of know theres no need. Through management of my parts and making peace with my selfs I've found peace and think im nearly done with therapy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, littledub1955, happynappied and 2 others
This is kinda unrelated, but its been a good read. Im not convinced that i need to talk to a therapist about my DL side, as i dont think it super negatively effects my life(sometimes anyways, but its personal choice more than anything else), but i have thought about going to a therapist just to have a talk with them and see how my mental health looks. Go from there if it yields any more than a handful of visits.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, littledub1955 and 1 other person
babyscotty37 said:
I think more and more therapists and other mental health professionals are much more aware of us littles, ABDL, than thirty years ago when I first learned, at the age of 32, that I wasn't the only one in the world like this. By then I had been married for a little over twelve difficult years, but always felt guilty that I had this secret side and I had no way to begin to try and explain something I didn't understand.
Given that my Christian faith was and is important to me I always had a lot of deep shame and guilt that I couldn't express to anyone. Yet, I also have dealt with urinary incontinence before marriage and she was okay with my needing protection.
I've shared aspects of this before, but my regression, wanting desperately at times to go back to being a baby of about 18-24 months, and wearing diapers when I could was about coping with extreme bullying by peers and numerous surgeries starting at six months of age.
What complicated things further was on our wedding night when I recalled an incidence of sexual abuse, in a children's hospital at the age of nine when I was diagnosed with an ulcer. My wife at the time was not at all understanding or sympathetic and just said if I was a real man I wouldn't let the incident of sexual abuse bother me.
Anyway, I was very conflicted about a lot of things at this point. It was after the infamous Donahue program, and my wife, my ex, told me about it one day when I got home from work.
Long story short, after trying to learn more about it on my new PC and internet that had just become common for home use, I really didn't understand things much better. But one morning before work, I'd leave at about 4:45 am, I left her a long letter trying to explain this the best I could at the time. It didn't go well!
She ended up calling all our friends and our pastor. This all lead to the loss of my career as a corporate pilot and my first inpatient stay at a Christian-based facility in Naperville, IL. Sadly, they saw this only as a sexual addiction and nothing else whatsoever. I didn't really know for sure, but this had been a part of me from an extremely young age.
This led to even more shame and guilt as I struggled and did my best to abstain from wearing diapers and regressing but it was extremely difficult.
But due to the extreme bullying, the sexual abuse, and all my surgeries and long separation from family, I was also diagnosed with BPD. I was high functioning as long as I had my career to focus on, but when that was gone my life became extremely difficult for nearly two decades.
But as far as telling various therapists over the years I've had more negative than positive experiences sharing this part of me. Yet, It is something I had to discuss and come to terms with.
Thankfully, through hard work, and my faith, my life is fulfilling and happy. After all these years I am now dating a lady that knows some about this side of me.
Anyway, as I said in the beginning, our life-style is something more and more in the mental health field are aware of.
Thank you for sharing your story,so sorry you had to go through those things as a child ,it's inspiring to know that you have got to a place of happiness and fulfilment I hope one day I can reach that place life's been pretty rough for long time Im hoping addressing this and the reasons behind it would help maybe but do worry if it goes wrong as not sure how Ile handle it

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, littledub1955 and 1 other person
I first became aware of my diaper interest at age 4-5, and never revealed that side of me to anyone else until I was over 50. Until my mid-20s when I first found ABDL content online, I wasn’t really aware that anyone else shared my interests, and it remained a source of shame and insecurity for most of my life. In early 2023, I opened up to my wife of 15 years (19 together), and thankfully she was accepting, and we are gradually but steadily working through how to incorporate this side of me into our relationship. Later that year I told my therapist, and although she was not very familiar with DL, she was completely nonplussed, and like others have shared here, sees it as a totally healthy part of me that serves as a source of self-care that is an essential part of my being. Once revealed, it really hasn’t been a big subject in our sessions, but she, along with my wife, have really helped me to accept this part of me as something good and not a source of shame. I imagine I will always have to work at self-acceptance, but knowing I have at least two people in my life who accept and understand that diapers are a “factory-installed” part of me that is essential to my well-being goes a long way toward getting me there.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, Davvyboy and 2 others
happynappied said:
What are peoples thoughts on discussing wearing and doing other things in nappies with a therapist
I told my therapist about liking to wear and wet diapers a dozen years ago. It didn’t faze him. Once he told me, “No one is going to take away your diapers.” That was reassuring.

Reactions: Diprs2, TigerDL, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
happynappied said:
What are peoples thoughts on discussing wearing and doing other things in nappies with a therapist
I found it wonderfully beneficial.
Like many others I suffered years of guilt and shame and just couldn't understand why I had these desires.
It was very scary the first session revealing that I liked wearing nappies!
The therapist had never come across this issue but was really kind and understanding.
She knew that I hadn't chosen this.
She did lots of research between our sessions and admitted that she was fascinated by it.
By the end I'd accepted myself and understood it is just one small part of me.
It was also a great relief to finally be able to reveal a secret after 56 years.
Keeping a secret is a very great burden.
I would recommend anyone struggling with acceptance to speak to a therapist.
They can be worth their weight in gold ♥️

Reactions: Diprs2, Traveler, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
pdiapered said:
I'm going to do it because I know that I need diapers to cope. I'm going to first begin with my general practitioner. I'm tired of living a lie that I've needed these from the very beginning and I've just never really admitted it!
Good luck 🤞
I'm sure you won't regret it 😊

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
happynappied said:
How did they react do you feel better for telling them ,I'm contemplating telling about wearing to start with I've told them I have a coping mechanism and they asked if I would share it but have said I haven't told anyone yet and wasn't ready yet feels so scary as there is no going back once I've said it
It is scary but worth the fear 😊
It is a practical way of getting it off your chest without upsetting friends and family.
I'm certain you will be fine and feel much better about things afterwards.
Best of luck ♥️

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
Thank you all for sharing ❤️

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, dogboy and gobphus
Not my therapist but my GP General Practitioner was either surprised or shocked when during my physical I asked if he read my file well, he hemmed and hawed and talked about my incontinence and that I wear a Diaper and Plastic Pants 24/7 I told him this has been going on since I had COVID-19 and several tests later with an assortment of doctors in assorted fields. Nobody could answer me on why this is happening. I have not been back to my GP since. I do have other issues when I see him next.

Reactions: Diprs2, happynappied and PadPhilosopher
I discussed wearing diapers with my GP and Mental Health Therapist (MHT) when I first started wearing them voluntarily. They both know how helpful it is for anxiety. Both were completely professional. Any other health care professionals I see also know I wear diapers either by reading my file or seeing me undressed. They act completely natural just like before I wore diapers to appointments. It is very important for me not to conceal anything from my healthcare team. I am lucky that HIPAA laws keep all information private and I am comfortable enough to wear what I like around them.

Reactions: Diprs2, happynappied and Davvyboy
My psychologist has known for many years, we talk about it extensively. She knows when little is in the room. Asks how I’m feeling about it, I’ve worn to our sessions. She brings a stuffed toy into our sessions, often I hug as she encourages little to come out. She’s very good and we sometimes use the themed room to do play therapy while wearing. I’ve been seeing her for nearly 10 years, talk about all aspects of life, relationships, nappies and little side of me. She asks me if I like to talk about nappies today as they make me happy and the room is in a safe space.. I have next month 2 therapists in the room, being introduced to a new therapist to do drama therapy and sensory work. Amazing work, really helps me.

Reactions: Diapered99, Diprs2, happynappied and 1 other person
Back