Discusing wearing with therapist

happynappied

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
What are peoples thoughts on discussing wearing and doing other things in nappies with a therapist

Reactions: Diprs2, Davvyboy, Harut and 2 others
happynappied said:
What are peoples thoughts on discussing wearing and doing other things in nappies with a therapist
I’ve told mine i like little space but not said that I wear yet

Reactions: Diprs2, littledub1955, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
How did they react do you feel better for telling them ,I'm contemplating telling about wearing to start with I've told them I have a coping mechanism and they asked if I would share it but have said I haven't told anyone yet and wasn't ready yet feels so scary as there is no going back once I've said it

Reactions: Diprs2, Traveler, Davvyboy and 1 other person
I think it's a good idea to discuss. You will soon learn from a good therapist that there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to wear nappies. I've told 3 therapist now over the years and all didn't blink an eye. I wished I told them sooner. I'm now not so shameful with wearing 24/7. Before I used to eat myself up.

Reactions: Diprs2, Hell2DaNaw, Waynelopen and 7 others
happynappied said:
Honestly, it was one of the best things in be done to care for my mental health. Having so much shame and guilt over the years only to be told it’s a coping mechanism that isn’t hurting anybody and brings me such anxiety relief and positive, sensory experiences, has made my life so much better. If you have a therapist, you should tell them (if they have a negative reaction, then that therapist is simply not for you and you should get one that is far more accepting and understanding).

Reactions: Diprs2, TheWaddlingDad, Davvyboy and 7 others
happynappied said:
How did they react do you feel better for telling them ,I'm contemplating telling about wearing to start with I've told them I have a coping mechanism and they asked if I would share it but have said I haven't told anyone yet and wasn't ready yet feels so scary as there is no going back once I've said it
I have not had an issue telling mine and a friend of mine hasn’t had an issue with his

Reactions: Diprs2, Davvyboy, littledub1955 and 2 others
DLover123 said:
Honestly, it was one of the best things in be done to care for my mental health. Having so much shame and guilt over the years only to be told it’s a coping mechanism that isn’t hurting anybody and brings me such anxiety relief and positive, sensory experiences, has made my life so much better. If you have a therapist, you should tell them (if they have a negative reaction, then that therapist is simply not for you and you should get one that is far more accepting and understanding).
Totally agree with you here

Reactions: Diprs2, Davvyboy, littledub1955 and 1 other person
Thank you for your replies makes me feel more confident to speak with them about it will try to overcome telling her in next session

Reactions: Diprs2, Davvyboy, gobphus and 3 others
happynappied said:
Thank you for your replies makes me feel more confident to speak with them about it will try to overcome telling her in next session
Not a problem at all feel free to dm me on discord if you find it

Reactions: Diprs2, Davvyboy, BBBen and 2 others
I told my therapist about the little things I do like watching Disney movies and coloring pages and she said that was just me healing my inner child. Never told her about me wearing diapers though, not sure what she'd say to that. Though I'd guess nothing bad.

You should probably tell them if you feel it's important for whatever issue brings you to therapy. It helps to be honest so the therapist has an accurate picture and can give you the best care.

I actually told two different therapists about this. Both of them were not really shocked or surprised and just kind of moved on from it. They just didn't see it as that important. One of them basically told me, "I've been doing this for over 10 years. You really can't shock me with anything at this point." She was probably right. There's a lot more weirder things thst people do in their private time.

Reactions: Diprs2, Davvyboy, TigerDL and 3 others
googlyeyes467 said:
You should probably tell them if you feel it's important for whatever issue brings you to therapy. It helps to be honest so the therapist has an accurate picture and can give you the best care.

I actually told two different therapists about this. Both of them were not really shocked or surprised and just kind of moved on from it. They just didn't see it as that important. One of them basically told me, "I've been doing this for over 10 years. You really can't shock me with anything at this point." She was probably right. There's a lot more weirder things thst people do in their private time.
I think it is something I need to address maybe just to get it out so I don't feel as much shame about this part of me having these needs ,thank you for your reply is helpful to know how they will likely react think Ile be glad just to get over telling them and getting some support around it

Reactions: Diprs2, Davvyboy, gobphus and 2 others
happynappied said:
I think its a good thing to discuss with a therapist, the fact you have thought of telling them suggests you think there will be benefits of opening up about it, answering questions and starting discussions you want to have. It may feel awkward at first but it will help with acceptance and understanding within yourself. Whatever you decide I wish you the best!

littlestmay said:
I think its a good thing to discuss with a therapist, the fact you have thought of telling them suggests you think there will be benefits of opening up about it, answering questions and starting discussions you want to have. It may feel awkward at first but it will help with acceptance and understanding within yourself. Whatever you decide I wish you the best!
Thank you I hope it can help me move forward in healing but do worry if it backfires but guess I will never move forward if I don't try opening up about these things just got to be brave

Reactions: Diprs2, Davvyboy, gobphus and 4 others
@happynappied - I would of never gone down my 24/7 nappy wearing if I didnt get reassurance from my therapist that there is nothing wrong with wearing nappies. She really helped me with acceptance and since going 24/7 and incontience training I have really been the happiest I've ever been! My MH has really improved 100% and I'm now content and really happy with choice.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Davvyboy, littledub1955 and 3 others
Speaking from experience, I’ve shared it with therapists in the past and they’ve both been really empathetic and nonjudgmental. It was causing me massive distress, I was going through a massive purge and just wanted that part of me to go. But sharing it, the fact I wore nappies and had a little side, was both a weight off my shoulders and a chance to have someone objective and empathetic listen to me. Ultimately it helped me work through the struggles I had with it, it helped me accept myself as I am.

As it is a little out of what therapists usually work with, they may be unfamiliar, but once you explain to them, they should listen and work with you. Therapy is supposed to be a collaborative process as far as possible and for it to work you need to be comfortable enough to share what you’re actually deeply feeling and that needs to be listens to by the therapist and worked into their formulation.

It’s a very personal decision to consider therapy and tell a therapist about anything ABDL so I wish you all the best.

Reactions: MikeyInNappies, Diprs2, Davvyboy and 4 others
I told my therapist all about my sissy baby side and included that I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants .She encouraged me to continue wearing and exploring my sissy baby side so long as I didn’t force it on anyone else ,I continued to be able to do my daily activities such as work , and enjoyed it .She said many of her clients have things they like and do that are not main stream that is perfectly harmless .After several visits she said if I felt the need and was comfortable doing it I could do a therapy session in a dress and diaper ! I have no taken her up on that although I do go with my diapers on underneath my clothes .Yes telling my therapist has helped me a lot!

I think more and more therapists and other mental health professionals are much more aware of us littles, ABDL, than thirty years ago when I first learned, at the age of 32, that I wasn't the only one in the world like this. By then I had been married for a little over twelve difficult years, but always felt guilty that I had this secret side and I had no way to begin to try and explain something I didn't understand.
Given that my Christian faith was and is important to me I always had a lot of deep shame and guilt that I couldn't express to anyone. Yet, I also have dealt with urinary incontinence before marriage and she was okay with my needing protection.
I've shared aspects of this before, but my regression, wanting desperately at times to go back to being a baby of about 18-24 months, and wearing diapers when I could was about coping with extreme bullying by peers and numerous surgeries starting at six months of age.
What complicated things further was on our wedding night when I recalled an incidence of sexual abuse, in a children's hospital at the age of nine when I was diagnosed with an ulcer. My wife at the time was not at all understanding or sympathetic and just said if I was a real man I wouldn't let the incident of sexual abuse bother me.
Anyway, I was very conflicted about a lot of things at this point. It was after the infamous Donahue program, and my wife, my ex, told me about it one day when I got home from work.
Long story short, after trying to learn more about it on my new PC and internet that had just become common for home use, I really didn't understand things much better. But one morning before work, I'd leave at about 4:45 am, I left her a long letter trying to explain this the best I could at the time. It didn't go well!
She ended up calling all our friends and our pastor. This all lead to the loss of my career as a corporate pilot and my first inpatient stay at a Christian-based facility in Naperville, IL. Sadly, they saw this only as a sexual addiction and nothing else whatsoever. I didn't really know for sure, but this had been a part of me from an extremely young age.
This led to even more shame and guilt as I struggled and did my best to abstain from wearing diapers and regressing but it was extremely difficult.
But due to the extreme bullying, the sexual abuse, and all my surgeries and long separation from family, I was also diagnosed with BPD. I was high functioning as long as I had my career to focus on, but when that was gone my life became extremely difficult for nearly two decades.
But as far as telling various therapists over the years I've had more negative than positive experiences sharing this part of me. Yet, It is something I had to discuss and come to terms with.
Thankfully, through hard work, and my faith, my life is fulfilling and happy. After all these years I am now dating a lady that knows some about this side of me.
Anyway, as I said in the beginning, our life-style is something more and more in the mental health field are aware of.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, gobphus, littledub1955 and 2 others
I'm going to do it because I know that I need diapers to cope. I'm going to first begin with my general practitioner. I'm tired of living a lie that I've needed these from the very beginning and I've just never really admitted it!

I told my therapist but it took me about 5 years of therapy before I opened up to wearing diapers. It only happened because he pushed several emotional buttons which took me back in time to when I was a college student. He was non judgemental but I don't think he understood what it involved other than wearing and using diapers.

He's been a little more open about it in recent visits. I see him this Friday and I'm curious as to where he may push the conversation. In my last visit, he talked about transvestites and how the desire comes and goes with these clients. He may have been eluding to diaper wearing and regressing. It certain ebbs and wanes with me but I'm in a diaper almost every night because it benefits my mental health and state of mind.

Back