Full time

mayhem said:
What is it, exactly, that makes you feel uncomfortable? What do you believe could go wrong? People are so self absorbed these days that they think the universe revolves around them. No one is going to notice (provided adequate coverings).
I guess it’s just the idea I know he is wearing and wetting while in public. No one else knows but he and I and I guess it’s just I’m not used to it. I want him comfortable that’s the most important thing to me. I just want to be comfortable as well.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and dogboy
Lyric said:
As I understand it, the two of you have known each other for years, at some point began an exclusive relationship, but only recently-5 months ago got married. Hopefully before, but perhaps shortly after getting married he revealed his love for wearing diapers, which suggests that he has either not worn diapers at all since knowing you, or has been hiding his diaper wearing from you, which also means he hasn't been wearing diapers all the often. Now, the big secret has been out for several months and both of you are in the acceptance/adjustment phase. You have been outstanding thus far in accepting and supporting his life style. At the same time, your husband seems to be trying to find out for himself just how deep and enduring his desire to wear and use diapers truly is. He's like a prisoner suddenly released from jail who want to explore and enjoy all the freedom he's been denying himself for so long. From all you have said I'm highly optimistic that the two of you will find the balance you are looking for. That you have tried wearing diapers yourself and found it to have some pleasant and positive aspects is extraordinarily helpful. Be patient and give the two of you the space to work this out. Communication is extremely important.
Ur amazing lyric thank you.
Lyric said:
As I understand it, the two of you have known each other for years, at some point began an exclusive relationship, but only recently-5 months ago got married. Hopefully before, but perhaps shortly after getting married he revealed his love for wearing diapers, which suggests that he has either not worn diapers at all since knowing you, or has been hiding his diaper wearing from you, which also means he hasn't been wearing diapers all the often. Now, the big secret has been out for several months and both of you are in the acceptance/adjustment phase. You have been outstanding thus far in accepting and supporting his life style. At the same time, your husband seems to be trying to find out for himself just how deep and enduring his desire to wear and use diapers truly is. He's like a prisoner suddenly released from jail who want to explore and enjoy all the freedom he's been denying himself for so long. From all you have said I'm highly optimistic that the two of you will find the balance you are looking for. That you have tried wearing diapers yourself and found it to have some pleasant and positive aspects is extraordinarily helpful. Be patient and give the two of you the space to work this out. Communication is extremely important.
He wore in secret. Which made me sad he felt so ashamed and wasn’t sure how I’d handle it.

Reactions: Lyric and PadPhilosopher
abdlwife2003 said:
I guess it’s just the idea I know he is wearing and wetting while in public
What about that makes you feel uncomfortable? Are you afraid he will be discovered? Is it about hygiene? I'd like to help you find your comfort so that you can enjoy your time with your hubby.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Aimeesaurus said:
I think the only way to really get past the awkwardness would be to just wear in public. In time, and assuming you're discrete, you'll realize that very few people will notice or even care. It ilwill eventually become normalized for you and that awkward feeling will go away. If you don't feel comfortable wearing in public yourself, observe your husband and how people react/don't react to him. You'll notice the same things.

What might seem obvious to you is really not to the general public. Hope this helps!
When I first started wearing Diapers under my jeans, in public, it was back when they were really loud. This is back around 1984. Most places that I went to in public had public noises, and the Diapers were never really heard. It was only in tight spaces such as a hallway or in a hospital that people may have looked at me. I was scared to death at first. My heart would pound like crazy when I would put a bag of Adult Diapers on the counter at a store, thinking that the cashier certainly must know that I am wearing them! It took a long while to get used to wearing under my jeans before I finally realized that no one really gave a shit. Nowadays, I could go to a store with my pants puffed out with a double layer diaper on and no would care.

I overcame that feeling many, many years ago, I thought to myself, what's more important, my health needs, protection, feeling confident or worrying about what the public thinks about me?
I said my needs come first, the public does not buy my diapers and have been happy and confident eversince😊😊😊😊, you can do it!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and fredy552
I belong to a couple of men's groups and attend meetings, conferences, etc. I also work P/T I wear Disposable Diapers and Plastic Pants 24/7 and No one has ever said anything. Society only notices something that jumps out at them and a diaper under your clothes will not be noticed. As I said in an earlier post my Wife commented the other night she cannot tell if I am diapered up or not and that is sitting here in our house!

Reactions: Subtlerustle and PadPhilosopher
abdlwife2003 said:
I think part of it is he has gone to full time wearing diapers and I’m still getting used to him wearing in the first place. He came out to me 5 months ago and I just got used to him wearing around me every once in a while and now he is only not wearing when he goes to bed and the gym. I am still uncomfortable wearing myself so that may be part of it.
It does sound like you may be projecting your feelings of wearing towards him. It may not be direct, but internally, in you own mind, probably.

There is no shame in wearing a diapee, however, there is a social stigma that has to be erased from ones mind. It’s just a diapee, it’s not a monster 💚

As someone who is married themself i generally don't care what my partner does but i do care if for some reason if it seems like they are hiding something or if they are obviously in distress. I'm glad you and partner are so open about this. And like Lyric said, he may just want to be a kid in a candy store and wear as much as he can after having to hide it for so long.

However, i still think there are instances where it may not be comfortable for him to be wearing around you, such as at your parent's house, if you don't want them to know, or like a work party in front of your boss where you feel it might impact you negatively. (I might get hate from this forum but through experience I've had to be realistic). I think, like anything about our partners, we need to have compromise and open communication so we can both succeed. As long as he is respecting your wishes on that front, I think you're golden.

Reactions: Lyric, mayhem, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
Back