Vintage Ultra Pampers Plus - 1,300.00 bucks?

DREAM ON!

20 people are watching it. Probably curious to see if anyone is that desperate. They are super rare and super cool. But..... I don't see them fetching that much.

Maybe they came up from the Titanic?

• Haha
Reactions: MegaLugia, Diaperedforsuresince17, odd1inSyde and 2 others
I bet they sell for that. I know for me if I seen some Tena Slips from the late 90s unopened and in the white and blue packaging I would pay top dollar to own them. So I imagine people will want these if they bring back fond memories.

Reactions: MegaLugia and PadPhilosopher
If it was sealed probably go quite high yes
once it's opened price drops to like $10 per diaper

Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher and Cottontail
I followed some suggestions on that eBay listing to some old diapers that reminded me of my childhood, and made me smile. For me, that was enough. I don't feel any compulsion to own them, even at pedestrian prices; it would just be one more thing to store. For someone else, to whom diapers are more important than simply as a tool to do a job, and probably with more disposable income, they may be worth what sellers are asking. Rare memorabilia can command large sums from the right collector.

Reactions: MegaLugia and depta99
Makes you wonder which diapers to buy today and store away :LOL:

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: MegaLugia, dogboy, abdlchristian12 and 2 others
PadPhilosopher said:
I followed some suggestions on that eBay listing to some old diapers that reminded me of my childhood, and made me smile. For me, that was enough. I don't feel any compulsion to own them, even at pedestrian prices; it would just be one more thing to store. For someone else, to whom diapers are more important than simply as a tool to do a job, and probably with more disposable income, they may be worth what sellers are asking. Rare memorabilia can command large sums from the right collector.
I caved and bought some when a seller didn't know what they had. I paid around $100 for a sealed bag of 30. Now, singles go for $35 a pop. This wasn't too long ago either.

It was worth it to have something in my room that connects me directly to my childhood in a unique way.

Reactions: southeastlittle, MegaLugia, Pampers4Ever and 2 others
depta99 said:
Makes you wonder which diapers to buy today and store away :LOL:
today's diapers probably none?
but who knows what's worth money in 30 years
buy some packages & store them in a controlled environment who knows could be retirement money 🤔

Reactions: MegaLugia, depta99 and PadPhilosopher
I see fairly high prices on fairly recent diapers like ConfiDry's

• Sad
Reactions: SofiaInPampers and PadPhilosopher
depta99 said:
I see fairly high prices on fairly recent diapers like ConfiDry's
That's not for sentimental reasons, though; that's people who hate change, and need more changes. 😆

Reactions: BLtheDL
What a blast from the past! But yeah, that amount of money? No friggin way!

1987, I was 7 :). I remember well the grocery shopping trips to Wegmans with my mom. Eventually we'd turn into the diaper aisle and I'd stare at all the boxes and packs of diapers while my mom shopped for whatever was on the opposite side. I even remember the plastic pants lol. I hoped and hoped she'd grab a box for me so I could wear them to bed and wake up on dry sheets, but alas such hopes remained meer hopes.

Lol, to this day I still have no clue what was on the shelves opposite the diapers :p🤓

• Love
Reactions: MegaLugia, PadPhilosopher and Pampers4Ever
Yes, it would be tough to shell out that kind of money. Maybe sealed and in great condition but it is an investment that would have to be kept in a controlled environment.
I have some vintage size 6 Pampers from when the came out in1998. I have them in ziplock bags but I don’t believe it’s enough to keep them from aging over time. They would have to vacuum sealed.
I have bought a couple of packs off of eBay before. Sealed size S or 1 can’t remember. It was a letdown when the smelled like old musty home and mothballs.

The price of vintage diapers is rediculious
I understand their rare to find but be realistic

Reactions: MegaLugia, TigerDL and PadPhilosopher
This is one of those auctions for folks we old timers refer to as "folks with more money than sense".

Reactions: AndyPandy, MegaLugia and PadPhilosopher
Yeah, no thanks. Why spend that much on something that may or may not fit? Also, since they’ve been opened, they’ve been exposed to the elements. Diapers do decay over time. I doubt they’re very absorbent.

Plus $150 shipping, just to shove it in a little further.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: MegaLugia, SofiaInPampers, TigerDL and 2 others
In the time it takes this person to sell their "winning lottery ticket" they will squat on for many months, I'll have made $1300 from my job many times over. 🤣🖕

Ebay and scalpers. 🤮🤮🤮

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MegaLugia and TigerDL
LittleAndAlone said:
In the time it takes this person to sell their "winning lottery ticket" they will squat on for many months, I'll have made $1300 from my job many times over.
But this seller can do both. You're creating a false dichotomy.

Back