Leaving ABDL. AMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FatalGeometry said:
It really isn't, that just gave me the perfect opportunity to do what I've already been wanting to do. Does it help? Yes. Is it the reason I'm going? No. It's because of the massive impacts this has been having on my life. I barely speak to my parents, I'm down to only one friend, and I haven't attended any of my University lectures in several months because of things related to ABDL. I enjoy it in the moment, but it makes me a nervous wreck all the rest of the time. That is why I need to leave.

And if you're that closely involved with Christianity I shouldn't need to tell you that all denominations are very different in their teachings, especially Catholicism. And that each individual church may teach its congregation different ideas and dogmas.
This is down to you and your lack of self awareness, self shame, anxiety, and lack of confidence (from what I'm guessing due to how you act) you can quit ABDL all you want because you'll probably find that the reason isn't ABDL and that you need to do a LOT of introspection and searching to find the courage to accept yourself and rise above these challenges otherwise you're still going to be just as awkward, just as anxious and now you no longer have your coping mechanism (ABDL) 👏

Last edited:
Reactions: artemisenterri and TheGazelle
LittleRascal said:
This is down to you and your lack of self awareness, self shame, anxiety, and lack of confidence (from what I'm guessing due to how you act) you can quit ABDL all you want because you'll probably find that's not the reason isn't ABDL and that you need to do a LOT of introspection and searching to find the courage to accept yourself and rise above these challenges otherwise you're still going to be just as awkward, just as anxious and now you no longer have your coping mechanism (ABDL) 👏
I don't understand your animosity. I'm very self aware and confident, though I do struggle with the shame aspect of it due to my religious upbringing, and I have heightened paranoia in certain circumstances. All I know right now is that ABDL has had extreme, measurable impacts on my life in the past months and the only way to stop that is by getting rid of it. It's been causing problems ever since I discovered it, lowering my grades, distancing me from friends, only now I have the willpower do finally do what I need to. I've done the introspection and searching. I can accept myself just fine because ABDL isn't who I am. I'm not overly awkward, and this isn't a coping mechanism for me anymore, not that it was ever a good one. I'll be anxious forever due to PTSD, paranoia, and the occasional auditory hallucination, but that's unrelated to any of this. So I really don't understand why you're getting so preachy to me.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
FatalGeometry said:
I don't understand your animosity. I'm very self aware and confident, though I do struggle with the shame aspect of it due to my religious upbringing, and I have heightened paranoia in certain circumstances. All I know right now is that ABDL has had extreme, measurable impacts on my life in the past months and the only way to stop that is by getting rid of it. It's been causing problems ever since I discovered it, lowering my grades, distancing me from friends, only now I have the willpower do finally do what I need to. I've done the introspection and searching. I can accept myself just fine because ABDL isn't who I am. I'm not overly awkward, and this isn't a coping mechanism for me anymore, not that it was ever a good one. I'll be anxious forever due to PTSD, paranoia, and the occasional auditory hallucination, but that's unrelated to any of this. So I really don't understand why you're getting so preachy to me.
ABDL = Coping mechanism to your problems and not the actual problem itself.
Keep convincing yourself I'm never going to talk any sense into you whilst you have this egotistical guard god complexion.

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and artemisenterri
We have got free will, it's your choice, if you feel ABDL's activity sinfull you do the best when you want to rid of it. Maybe you will never be free of your desires but you are able to not act it.
Someone can say it's suppression but christians don't think only in this world.

Reactions: BBBen, PadPhilosopher and artemisenterri
LittleRascal said:
ABDL = Coping mechanism to your problems and not the actual problem itself.
Keep convincing yourself I'm never going to talk any sense into you whilst you have this egotistical guard god complexion.
Whoa what the actual fuck? Those are some extremely wild allegations to go throwing around and with very little proof of it. ABDL was never a coping mechanism, it was a sexual fetish. I've tried using it before as a coping mechanism but just listening to music and going for a run works so much better. And a God complex? Really? You're just piling on even more reasons why I should leave with that level of hostility.

• Wow
Pelusos said:
We have got free will, it's your choice, if you feel ABDL's activity sinfull you do the best when you want to rid of it. Maybe you will never be free of your desires but you are able to not act it.
Someone can say it's suppression but christians don't think only in this world.
I don't think it's sinful and if that idea has come across at all I apologise. But my family would think it's sinful and it's so difficult to hide that my relationship with them is falling apart, and it's also taking up so much time that it's impacting my studies and friendships.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Pelusos
FatalGeometry said:
Whoa what the actual fuck? Those are some extremely wild allegations to go throwing around and with very little proof of it. ABDL was never a coping mechanism, it was a sexual fetish. I've tried using it before as a coping mechanism but just listening to music and going for a run works so much better. And a God complex? Really? You're just piling on even more reasons why I should leave with that level of hostility.
I don't have animosity against you I just don't think you actually stop to read most of the shit you post, I mean seriously quitting ABDL is fine but to claim that you're the first person to ever be able to fully do it is absurd your brain is a series of chemical reactions, eventually that chemical reaction will happen again regardless of what you think or want.

you do give off an ego/God complexion talking like "you're different and better than everyone else" you literally done this on discord with your morality, principality and your ethical debate which got you suspended and now you're doing the same shit here with ABDL there's definitely something going on however I'm not going to judge it but rather advise you seek wise council.

• Wow
FatalGeometry said:
Maybe you struggle with your sexuality or maintaining a relationship and you used it as a sexual coping mechanism without even realising?
Biology is biology and neurology is neurology there's always a cause and effect with every mental aspect.

Last edited:
Reactions: artemisenterri
LittleRascal said:
I don't have animosity against you I just don't think you actually stop to read most of the shit you post, I mean seriously quitting ABDL is fine but to claim that you're the first person to ever be able to fully do it is absurd your brain is a series of chemical reactions, eventually that chemical reaction will happen again regardless of what you think or want.

you do give off an ego/God complexion talking like "you're different and better than everyone else" you literally done this on discord with your morality, principality and your ethical debate which got you suspended and now you're doing the same shit here with ABDL there's definitely something going on however I'm not going to judge it but rather advise you seek wise council.
Do you actually read these things fully? I said "Not the first person in history for sure." It was someone else who said (JOKINGLY) that I would be the first person ever to get rid of a fetish. And I'm not disillusioned to think that I can fully get rid of it, just that I can stop myself from engaging in it again. If someone was once an alcoholic and recovers they're still an alcoholic, they have just learned to control themselves better and to not take that first drink. They still think about it, but they override the thought to stay away from it. Your explanation is essentially asserting that nobody can ever recover from an addiction which you know isn't true.

I've never said that I'm better than everyone else. I'm different to everyone else sure, only because everyone is different. In the ADISC I reacted how I did because I disagreed with how people had treated this individual based on hunches alone. I'll hold my hands up to say that some of you were correct in your assessments, and that they weren't actually as bad as they were saying, but I only KNEW that for certain after speaking with them for several hours. They weren't seeking a relationship, they're already in one, and they weren't just attention seeking either. If you gave me 100 chances to change what I did I would do the same thing every time. And please quit talking down to me. It seems pretty hypocritical to say that someone else has a God complex whilst simultaneously asserting that you know exactly what is going on in that person's head like you seem to be doing.

P.S. Principality, Noun. A state ruled by a prince. I live in the United Kingdom, a Constitutional Monarchy.

• Thinking
Reactions: Lilschoolfox and PadPhilosopher
LittleRascal said:
Maybe you struggle with your sexuality or maintaining a relationship you used it as a sexual coping mechanism without even realising?
Biology is biology there's always a cause and effect with every mental aspect.
I do not have any struggles with sexuality thank you very much. I know what I like and have never had any doubts about it. The only issue I've ever had with maintaining a romantic relationship was caused by me being autistic and her parents not wanting her to "marry a retard" (direct quote from her dad).
You don't have to explain science to me. I understand it all. Something caused this effect, but this is now having very damaging effects so I no longer wish to engage in it. I also don't really get that last sentence. What are you trying to say?

• Sad
FatalGeometry said:
I do not have any struggles with sexuality thank you very much. I know what I like and have never had any doubts about it. The only issue I've ever had with maintaining a romantic relationship was caused by me being autistic and her parents not wanting her to "marry a retard" (direct quote from her dad).
You don't have to explain science to me. I understand it all. Something caused this effect, but this is now having very damaging effects so I no longer wish to engage in it. I also don't really get that last sentence. What are you trying to say?
Sorry not sorry but her dad's an absolute cunt and you should never have just turned a blind eye to a comment like that...

Reactions: artemisenterri
I wish you well in your attempt.

I am Catholic. I've felt the pressure as well. I tried for about a decade to live a life without diapers. Generally I slipped up every 1-2 weeks. I tried cognitive behavioral therapy, I tried a sex addiction recovery group, I tried weekly confession, I tried being brutally honest with spiritual advisors and therapists, I tried medication for the underlying depression and anxiety... nothing made a long term difference, and I just hated myself so much for failing time after time.

All of that said, I see no reason to think that it's actually impossible to stop acting on ABDL desires. I think the evidence suggests that it is very hard. Obviously it seems to us like everyone who tries fails, but there's surely some selection bias mixed in there... we wouldn't hear from anyone who succeeds. And people do manage through a variety of means to quell worse urges than we have.

For my part, I have been wearing diapers and, erm, enjoying them for months now. I've basically given up on living a life of Christian purity. I don't know whether I'll go back. But I don't feel the intense shame anymore, and masturbation doesn't throw me into a depression spiral. So I would hesitate to say that if you've had a religious upbringing, you're doomed to be miserable and conflicted about being ABDL. That seems like a rather hasty and fatalistic conclusion to draw.

Reactions: TeeMousy, Lilschoolfox, BBBen and 3 others
LittleRascal said:
Sorry not sorry but her dad's an absolute cunt and you should never have just turned a blind eye to a comment like that...
And I didn't. I'm no longer dating her. I agree that he's a cunt, but unfortunately he was a cunt that she was willing to listen to, hence the whole no longer dating her thing.

• Sad
Many of us would like to display your resolution and determination. I think I might sooner hold back the tide than rid myself of my infantilism ... and I've tried over the years to eliminate this part of myself, so I speak from experience.

If you do succeed - and God knows, I wish you well! - would you come back and post something in a year or two to let us know? You could serve as an inspiration and role model for many here if you manage this change in your life and the change lasts.

Reactions: BBBen, PadPhilosopher and artemisenterri
FatalGeometry said:
And I didn't. I'm no longer dating her. I agree that he's a cunt, but unfortunately he was a cunt that she was willing to listen to, hence the whole no longer dating her thing.
See now most of your problems probably stemmed from that incident, I hate having ASD because I'm constantly standing up to bigots like him if I was in that situation and he said that to my face god help me I'd be getting 25 to life 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: Lilschoolfox and artemisenterri
Sealander said:
For my part, I have been wearing diapers and, erm, enjoying them for months now. I've basically given up on living a life of Christian purity. I don't know whether I'll go back. But I don't feel the intense shame anymore, and masturbation doesn't throw me into a depression spiral. So I would hesitate to say that if you've had a religious upbringing, you're doomed to be miserable and conflicted about being ABDL. That seems like a rather hasty and fatalistic conclusion to draw.
I gave up on living a life of Christian purity almost a third of my life ago now, but my entire family is heavily religious and despite how wrong it was of them, I don't want to be cast out like my Uncle was when he came out as gay. Also, the moral conflict is only half of the story of why I'm stopping.
Thank you for your kind comment. Much love <3

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri and Sealander
sbmccue said:
Many of us would like to display your resolution and determination. I think I might sooner hold back the tide than rid myself of my infantilism ... and I've tried over the years to eliminate this part of myself, so I speak from experience.

If you do succeed - and God knows, I wish you well! - would you come back and post something in a year or two to let us know? You could serve as an inspiration and role model for many here if you manage this change in your life and the change lasts.
Maybe I will. Although I can't promise anything since I won't really have any ties to it anymore. I will still be keeping in contact however with a few members of this community who I've interacted with more extensively on non-ABDL subjects so perhaps I might send a message through them, provided we are still in contact.

FatalGeometry said:
I gave up on living a life of Christian purity almost a third of my life ago now, but my entire family is heavily religious and despite how wrong it was of them, I don't want to be cast out like my Uncle was when he came out as gay. Also, the moral conflict is only half of the story of why I'm stopping.
Thank you for your kind comment. Much love <3
Funnily enough any of your family members that condemned your uncle of being gay has condemned themselves take a look at this.
Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

They're quick to forget about this.

• Wow
LittleRascal said:
See now most of your problems probably stemmed from that incident, I hate having ASD because I'm constantly standing up to bigots like him if I was in that situation and he said that to my face god help me I'd be getting 25 to life 🤣
I was thoroughly messed up far before that happened. That only happened a couple of years ago, and I've been having auditory hallucinations and extreme paranoia since I was in Primary School (age 4-11). I think it started around age 7 or 8 but I'm not sure as my memories of that time are almost nonexistent. He didn't say it to my face, but I was in earshot (though he didn't know that). I just held myself back because I really didn't want to assault my girlfriend's father, no matter how much of an arse he was. Our relationship would have ended much sooner if I'd done that.

LittleRascal said:
Funnily enough any of your family members that condemned your uncle of being gay has condemned themselves take a look at this.
Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

They're quick to forget about this.
Yup, I'm fully aware of their hypocrisy. Unfortunately my Grandparent's church gives far more weight to the Old Testament than the New Testament, and they especially mistrust the gospels. They'll only listen to anything from Matthew, Mark, Luke, John if all four books agree, which is a very short list. They're almost closer to Jewish than Christian, which does make sense as my Grandma has a very Jewish family, she just married a Christian so that finalised her conversion (if she hadn't already).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back