Full time

abdlwife2003

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
My husband has gone to full time wearing. This makes me uncomfortable mainly bc he wears in public now. I wear part time at home but I feel awkward. Any suggestions on how to overcome this feeling

Reactions: Jorelaxed, PadPhilosopher and PearlandDL
Does he mess and wet in public or just wear as underwear

Reactions: PearlandDL
abdlwife2003 said:
My husband has gone to full time wearing. This makes me uncomfortable mainly bc he wears in public now. I wear part time at home but I feel awkward. Any suggestions on how to overcome this feeling
What do you wear part time? I wear pantyhose, just about every day.

• Angry
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
abdlwife2003 said:
Is he wearing pants etc to cover his waist line?

Reactions: Jorelaxed and PadPhilosopher
I think the only way to really get past the awkwardness would be to just wear in public. In time, and assuming you're discrete, you'll realize that very few people will notice or even care. It ilwill eventually become normalized for you and that awkward feeling will go away. If you don't feel comfortable wearing in public yourself, observe your husband and how people react/don't react to him. You'll notice the same things.

What might seem obvious to you is really not to the general public. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Davvyboy, tempestcd, fredy552 and 8 others
Aimeesaurus said:
I think the only way to really get past the awkwardness would be to just wear in public. In time, and assuming you're discrete, you'll realize that very few people will notice or even care. It ilwill eventually become normalized for you and that awkward feeling will go away. If you don't feel comfortable wearing in public yourself, observe your husband and how people react/don't react to him. You'll notice the same things.

What might seem obvious to you is really not to the general public. Hope this helps!
Well said Aimeesaurus.👍🙂

Reactions: Davvyboy, fredy552, PadPhilosopher and 3 others
I sometimes wear in public but I'm careful to make sure it doesn't show. I enjoy doing it but I don't want to thrust it on others.

Reactions: fredy552, Napincolove, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
A few people know I’m IC and wear, and I’m sure there have been times others may have seen a slight diaper bulge, but most are aware of my extensive surgical history, especially on my back.
It’s been an actual relief to be at this point in my life and my diapers are just a part of me.
As I commented in another post, there is still some shame and trepidation at thinking about being around other adult babies.

Reactions: fredy552, PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri and 1 other person
I have been in nappies for 11 years no one notices nor cares.

Reactions: babyscotty37, fredy552, Napincolove and 3 others
abdlwife2003 said:
what’s making you uncomfortable? The fact that he’s gone full time wearing? Or the fact that you wearing yourself feels awkward? Whichever it is, I think the answer is probably the same. The more you do it, the more normal it’ll become and eventually you won’t even think about it, it’ll just become part of the daily routine. I too still have times of “awkwardness” when wearing but it typically passes fairly soon if I just push through it.

Reactions: fredy552, PadPhilosopher and artemisenterri
All very true. I have been wearing for years and no one notices or calls me out for wearing. I’ve had times when my shirt will ride up exposing the waistband but it’s never pointed out. Now the only time it is awkward is going through airport security. I just tone down what I’m wearing. Mainly a Depend pull-up. Once through security, I put on my normal everyday diapers. No one really cares. Just think about all the people in the world that are IC and need protection. I would bet that 1 in 4 people or 25% have or are wearing protection around you and you don’t even know it. It just takes time to grow comfortable with it.

Reactions: fredy552, PadPhilosopher, artemisenterri and 2 others
If he has too really badly he will wet or sometimes flood in public but aside from that it’s just like normal underwear. He never messes.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and artemisenterri
SparkyDog said:
Is he wearing pants etc to cover his waist line?
When he goes out yes. But he himself is still new to wearing in public and is figuring out which ones are comfortable and which ones aren’t.

bret2 said:
what’s making you uncomfortable? The fact that he’s gone full time wearing? Or the fact that you wearing yourself feels awkward? Whichever it is, I think the answer is probably the same. The more you do it, the more normal it’ll become and eventually you won’t even think about it, it’ll just become part of the daily routine. I too still have times of “awkwardness” when wearing but it typically passes fairly soon if I just push through it.
I think part of it is he has gone to full time wearing diapers and I’m still getting used to him wearing in the first place. He came out to me 5 months ago and I just got used to him wearing around me every once in a while and now he is only not wearing when he goes to bed and the gym. I am still uncomfortable wearing myself so that may be part of it.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Subtlerustle and Lyric
abdlwife2003 said:
I think part of it is he has gone to full time wearing diapers and I’m still getting used to him wearing in the first place. He came out to me 5 months ago and I just got used to him wearing around me every once in a while and now he is only not wearing when he goes to bed and the gym. I am still uncomfortable wearing myself so that may be part of it.
yep, just time and normalizing it... there's a lot of guilt and shame associated with abdl and the underlying social stigma of wearing and using diapers - which when looked at closely and kept private (like your fun lingerie and super man undies!) is mostly an irrational fear and overcome with time and normalization. Millions of incontinent people are in public every day and there's a good chance you never noticed or if you did went out of your way to shame them...

Wearing diapers doesn't have to be for an underlying mechanical issue with your plumbing, it can be for comfort and security too - and you don't need to explain why to anyone if they did happen to notice. With your husband exploring wearing more often it is a change for you too because you know he is - and a change for him! Have fun with it, notice how the desire to be diapered changes over time, how his mood is different when padded vs. not. As it's a new thing currently, it's totally reasonable to expect his level of usage to change as interests shift over time as it does for all of us!

As I understand it, the two of you have known each other for years, at some point began an exclusive relationship, but only recently-5 months ago got married. Hopefully before, but perhaps shortly after getting married he revealed his love for wearing diapers, which suggests that he has either not worn diapers at all since knowing you, or has been hiding his diaper wearing from you, which also means he hasn't been wearing diapers all the often. Now, the big secret has been out for several months and both of you are in the acceptance/adjustment phase. You have been outstanding thus far in accepting and supporting his life style. At the same time, your husband seems to be trying to find out for himself just how deep and enduring his desire to wear and use diapers truly is. He's like a prisoner suddenly released from jail who want to explore and enjoy all the freedom he's been denying himself for so long. From all you have said I'm highly optimistic that the two of you will find the balance you are looking for. That you have tried wearing diapers yourself and found it to have some pleasant and positive aspects is extraordinarily helpful. Be patient and give the two of you the space to work this out. Communication is extremely important.

Reactions: Shannon1024, Brumas94, Ortler and 4 others
Lyric said:
As I understand it, the two of you have known each other for years, at some point began an exclusive relationship, but only recently-5 months ago got married. Hopefully before, but perhaps shortly after getting married he revealed his love for wearing diapers, which suggests that he has either not worn diapers at all since knowing you, or has been hiding his diaper wearing from you, which also means he hasn't been wearing diapers all the often. Now, the big secret has been out for several months and both of you are in the acceptance/adjustment phase. You have been outstanding thus far in accepting and supporting his life style. At the same time, your husband seems to be trying to find out for himself just how deep and enduring his desire to wear and use diapers truly is. He's like a prisoner suddenly released from jail who want to explore and enjoy all the freedom he's been denying himself for so long. From all you have said I'm highly optimistic that the two of you will find the balance you are looking for. That you have tried wearing diapers yourself and found it to have some pleasant and positive aspects is extraordinarily helpful. Be patient and give the two of you the space to work this out. Communication is extremely important.
Great post Lyric. I hope @abdlwife2003 sees this.

Yes, I agree with Lyric. It's possible that over time, as he gets used to it, he may wear less as the novelty wears off. Since this has been going on for 5 months, that's really not that long of a time. I've been wearing since I was in junior high and it's all old hat at this point. I still enjoy wearing diapers but if I decide to go several days without wearing, it's no big deal. My son and family are visiting me this weekend so I'm not wearing as I've changed my bedding and everything AB/DL is put away. When they leave, I'll indulge at night but probably not during the day as I work part time and do adult things around the house.

I think there's a time and place for wearing diapers, so I think over time, he'll calm down and discover when he enjoys wearing and when he doesn't need to.

abdlwife2003 said:

What is it, exactly, that makes you feel uncomfortable? What do you believe could go wrong? People are so self absorbed these days that they think the universe revolves around them. No one is going to notice (provided adequate coverings).

Reactions: Ortler and PadPhilosopher
dogboy said:
Yes, I agree with Lyric. It's possible that over time, as he gets used to it, he may wear less as the novelty wears off. Since this has been going on for 5 months, that's really not that long of a time. I've been wearing since I was in junior high and it's all old hat at this point. I still enjoy wearing diapers but if I decide to go several days without wearing, it's no big deal. My son and family are visiting me this weekend so I'm not wearing as I've changed my bedding and everything AB/DL is put away. When they leave, I'll indulge at night but probably not during the day as I work part time and do adult things around the house.

I think there's a time and place for wearing diapers, so I think over time, he'll calm down and discover when he enjoys wearing and when he doesn't need to.
Yes he came out to me early January of 2024. Wore everyday 2-3 times a day for two months then slowed down and now is back to wanting to wear everyday. I agree he has been wearing on and off for the past 5 months I’m more used to it now than 4 months ago.

Reactions: Lyric and PadPhilosopher
Back