Your Nicknames for Diapers

PaddedCub said:
I usually call them nappies or diapers (oh no I’ve been americanised), sometimes diaps, diapes, or just pants lol
That's how ya spell it, folks! Please, one extra letter makes a big diff...because i miss eating bean dip, simply because of the nausea generated by the the careless misspelling of "diap"...and its implied contents. And nobody ever served "chips & diaps" before.

TMYK1996.png

This has been a public service announcement.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PaddedCub
I call them diapers. My one buddy calls them mens sanitary pants.

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Back when wearing pinned on cloth and plastic pants wife call the combination “equipment”. At bedtime I’d hear, “come on xxxx time to put your equipment on”.

Reactions: Sidewinder and BobbiSueEllen
Diapers were called Pampers in my house growing up. Its what my mom used on all the kids in the household. Also they were called that reguardless if they were other brand diapers. They all essentially looked the same back then. All white and plastic .

• Love
Reactions: JulestheFloof, AndyPandy and BobbiSueEllen
I just call it a "DYDEE".

I usually just call them my dypies. Sometimes I think of them as my sleep protectors.

I call my diapers pampers and my pull-ups, goodnites.

Reactions: AndyPandy and BobbiSueEllen
PaddedRita said:
BobbieSueEllen -- What a fun fun topic !!

Abbie like to call them Rita's Di Di's or Rita's Cute Padding, for myself nothing special just Diapers or Nappies !
I agree Reet !
Hope you are okay BSE ♥️
You have the most interesting posts 😁

• Love
Davvyboy said:
Hope you are okay BSE ♥️
Thank you...I hope Rita's okay: she stopped posting suddenly, no hint as to why. Loads of us miss her. How are you?

Davvyboy said:
You have the most interesting posts 😁
Well...nefarious or notorious posts, LOL! I dig reading your posts, too! 🥳

Reactions: Davvyboy
BobbiSueEllen said:
Thank you...I hope Rita's okay: she stopped posting suddenly, no hint as to why. Loads of us miss her. How are you?

Well...nefarious or notorious posts, LOL! I dig reading your posts, too! 🥳
All good here BSE, thank you.
Reet has started posting again, I hope she is okay too.
I'm still loving wearing nappies !
That will never change.
I'm 59 in June and this started when I was around 7.
I hated it at several points but I've accepted it and it is just a part of me that I don't want to lose.
I am enormously grateful to my friends on here helping me get to this point ♥️♥️♥️

I like pamps. It's super cute and makes me feel like a baby :3

Reactions: AndyPandy, Sidewinder and BobbiSueEllen
Diapie

BobbiSueEllen said:
That's how ya spell it, folks! Please, one extra letter makes a big diff...because i miss eating bean dip, simply because of the nausea generated by the the careless misspelling of "diap"...and its implied contents. And nobody ever served "chips & diaps" before.

View attachment 134876

This has been a public service announcement.
Lol. I have a theory that the origin of the misnomer was actually intentional in that “dip” was far enough away from “diap” to be able to be said around vanillas without causing suspicion.

Never called them anything other than diapers or nappies. However, do have descriptions for putting one on. So, I talk about "getting padded" or time to "pad up and tape up" or going about my day "wrapped in a cloud".

A fresh phrase came into my head the other day, out of the blue: it is time to "get sputniked"! No idea where that came from (my brain comes up with weird stuff sometimes!), but hey, astronauts do have to put on diapers for launch, don't they?

Reactions: michaelmc and BobbiSueEllen
I just call them "diapeys". Though sometimes I jokingly refer to them as "my wearable toilet" 😂

I call them Diapers or Piddle pants.

• Love
Like others, my diapers were called "Pampers" growing up in my house, regardless of brand. Definitely a Pampers/Luvs kid. I was right on the tail end of the "phases" era, with thick padding and designs for boys/girls, though I have no recollection of those. I have far more memories of putting late nineties white with plastic backing but thinner designs with high SAP on my plushies.

As far as what I call them now, I have several terms based on whatever I'm feeling.

Diapers, pamps and dips are all used in casual convo with my partner and friends.

Pampers and Luvs are both terms that I use for humiliation and love them, though they make me blush and want to hide. Same goes for diapey/diapee.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelmc, BobbiSueEllen and AndyPandy
My wife calls them 'protection' I call them 'night clothes' or 'protection pants'

When I was in the hospital cath lab for heart procedures I wore 'pull-ups'. The nurse asked if I wanted them.

Last edited:
Back