Is there a market.

Dlforpurity

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have been wondering if there is an actual market for recreating the plastic backed baby diapers we used to see in the late 80s to early 90s.

• Love
Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver, VintagePampers1990, soggybottoms8882 and 3 others
Ooh. Now we’re talking. This is the plastic I want to see on some new diaper. Trest Elites the Dry247s and the InControl BeDrys all have the softest plastic I’ve ever felt on a diaper, but can they be softer than what 80s and 90s diapers used to be? I really don’t know.

Reactions: soggybottoms8882 and babyscotty37
100% there is. I was just saying in another thread that the first company who accurately recreates Pampers and Attends will make a fortune. But the plastic backing needs to be right. I don't see that plastic on ANY abdl diapers on the market today. Not sure why, but that's the hard part.

Reactions: southeastlittle, Pampers4Ever, theancientmariner and 2 others
I seem to notice most all white plastic diapers from most ABDl companies are the same. They all come from China as well. THey are all pretty good....thick,soft and very crinkly.. Id still love to see some other types of all white plastic diapers. I know the Attends plastic had a very shiny smooth surface on them. There was no swish sound when rubbing those. It was good too because you could actually retape those and not actually need that stiff clear tape zone all over the front of the diaper. Id love to see some sort of all white replica like those old style Attends.

Reactions: Pampers4Ever, soggybottoms8882, artemisenterri and 1 other person
Dlforpurity said:
I have been wondering if there is an actual market for recreating the plastic backed baby diapers we used to see in the late 80s to early 90s.
hell yea! take my money!

Reactions: soggybottoms8882 and artemisenterri
MikeDJ said:
I seem to notice most all white plastic diapers from most ABDl companies are the same. They all come from China as well. THey are all pretty good....thick,soft and very crinkly.. Id still love to see some other types of all white plastic diapers
You should take a look at Kiddo Junior Plus. Their plastic is oh so amazingly smooth.

Reactions: southeastlittle and VintagePampers1990
I liked the Trest Elites when I tried them. I just noticed today they come in multiple colors now.
Although I like how they really swell up when wet, and hold a lot, they are practical for home use only. And being incontinent makes them more a treat than serve a practical purpose.

It isn't white like the ones you mentioned but the plastic on ABU Tiny Tails has the feel of classic smooth soft and supple diapers

I was thinking starting with babies a toddlers. And build to adult sizes.

I need to raise 2 million just to start unless I can figure how to start simple in a garage doing a couple packs at a time.

• Wow
Reactions: artemisenterri
Dlforpurity said:
I need to raise 2 million just to start unless I can figure how to start simple in a garage doing a couple packs at a time.
If you found a Chinese manufacturer of suitable baby diapers, getting them to make a scaled up batch wouldn't be as expensive as you would think even with custom designs/packaging. Not difficult at something like Canton Fair, manufacturers will make pretty much anything bespoke if you buy enough of it.

You would probably need to commit to an order of say 1,000,000 units at $0.10usd/each but the real difficulty would come from marketing that kind of volume. If you could put together a sound business plan, getting the investment wouldn't be impossible.

To the best I know; ABDL companies aren't manufacturers themselves, they just have their own designs printed on existing adult diapers at their point of manufacture and then put into white label/custom packaging. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong though.

It’s crazy how this hasn’t been done yet. Literally everything else vintage baby has been recreated for abdl’s except the 80’s Huggies that started this whole wild ride for me and so many of us.

Reactions: VintagePampers1990 and soggybottoms8882
Those Huggies in the 80s were the first diaper I remember being put in if I had an accident.

There are a number of companies out there making dips for ABs and if they could make the dollars work they absolutely would be doing it already. What we need is a 1%er who's got the itch and is happy to burn the money to get it up and running :)

Any 1%ers in here? ;D

Reactions: soggybottoms8882
quartz200420012 said:
You should take a look at Kiddo Junior Plus. Their plastic is oh so amazingly smooth.
I’ve been wanting to try these for a while now. The softness and texture of the plastic is what really makes a diaper. It’s all about the plastic. I hope they are as good as everyone says.

babyscotty37 said:
I liked the Trest Elites when I tried them. I just noticed today they come in multiple colors now.
Although I like how they really swell up when wet, and hold a lot, they are practical for home use only. And being incontinent makes them more a treat than serve a practical purpose.
I bought my pack of those back when they were only available in white. Yea, they're for home use only😅 One thing about them I remember other than how much they held, which was unprecedented at the time was how smooth the plastic was. That was probably my favorite thing about them. As a DL, they were fantastic, but you being IC, probably wore them a bit longer than you were used to. I wear my diapers for 24 hours at a time and then go on for about a half a week or so until my next diaper.

Reactions: babyscotty37
happysnaps said:
There are a number of companies out there making dips for ABs and if they could make the dollars work they absolutely would be doing it already. What we need is a 1%er who's got the itch and is happy to burn the money to get it up and running :)

Any 1%ers in here? ;D
Are you volunteering for this Inspector Gadget? (jk!)🤣

Haven't read all the comments in the thread but even if there is a market, the brand names of our childhood in the 80s and 90s likely own the trademarks on these things for 95 years which means we won't see adult version of these :(

Dlforpurity said:
We just need a billionaire to be a DL. Boom, problem solved. Money would not be and object and we would have some amazing diapers to buy and love. I can only imagine seeing adult sized Pampers in retail packaging and possibly on store shelves. I keep hoping this will happen on Shark Tank. Mark stepping up to through some money at it and bring it to market.

Reactions: AndyPandy
RojasPuraVida said:
If you found a Chinese manufacturer of suitable baby diapers, getting them to make a scaled up batch wouldn't be as expensive as you would think even with custom designs/packaging. Not difficult at something like Canton Fair, manufacturers will make pretty much anything bespoke if you buy enough of it.

You would probably need to commit to an order of say 1,000,000 units at $0.10usd/each but the real difficulty would come from marketing that kind of volume. If you could put together a sound business plan, getting the investment wouldn't be impossible.

To the best I know; ABDL companies aren't manufacturers themselves, they just have their own designs printed on existing adult diapers at their point of manufacture and then put into white label/custom packaging. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong though.
Yes, spot on. If you've got the cash, they will make just about anything and quality on top of that. I've seen some recreations of Rolex watches. You can't tell the difference unless you look at it under a loop for thousands of less dollars. It would be cool to fly over with a sample of the vintage diaper you like (Ultra Pampers Plus 1987) along with the cash and have them recreate the diaper in adult sizes. They would do it.

Reactions: RojasPuraVida
Back