Trying something new.

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I’m wearing an InControl Elite to bed tonight which is for me unusual. Generally I wear cloth and on rare occasions an Abena M-4 or a MegaMax for my dual ic but tonight I’m trying something different. I’m using doubler pads on each side and 1 in the normal crotch position. Being primarily a side sleeper these outer hip areas are the locations of my usual nocturnal leaks so hopefully the doubler pads will help contain them. I’ll update the post with my results if anyone is interested.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi and Angelapinks
Depending how you slide sleep be careful for any bunching! Wishing you best of luck hopefully you have waterproof sheets like me!

I haven't tried that one yet. I'd be interested in your opinions!

BrandonLittlebun said:
Depending how you slide sleep be careful for any bunching! Wishing you best of luck hopefully you have waterproof sheets like me!
Yeah, I definitely have a washable waterproof mattress cover and I sleep with towels in the area that may be exposed to leaks over my sheets to help control any leakage.

Reactions: Angelapinks
As they used to say “Back to the drawing board.”. Doubler pads don’t appear to work well under pressure and they get a lot of it on the hips when you’re a side sleeper.

Zeke said:
I’m wearing an InControl Elite to bed tonight which is for me unusual. Generally I wear cloth and on rare occasions an Abena M-4 or a MegaMax for my dual ic but tonight I’m trying something different. I’m using doubler pads on each side and 1 in the normal crotch position. Being primarily a side sleeper these outer hip areas are the locations of my usual nocturnal leaks so hopefully the doubler pads will help contain them. I’ll update the post with my results if anyone is interested.
I have tried these and they hold a lot. This would be my go to for every night but for the cost. I get the same kind of volume protection with forsite AM/PM but I did love them.

Well I’ve come to the conclusion that any extra doublers server best when placed across the front of the diaper rather than one on each side. The pressure on them when they’re soaked makes them release too much moisture to be beneficial. I’m going bald so my previous preference of a cloth night weight prefold with a folded terry bath and hand towel as a soaker and a liner respectively. Held in place by a pair of Snappis and covered well a good pair of plastic pants they seldom leak unless I wait way too long to change or have an exceptionally heavy wetting night.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Back