How do most people respond knowing that you are DL ?

foxypinky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Does anyone know how friends or parents or ordinary people would respond knowing that you like diapers ?

Reactions: KBoy, medfet878 and ChristianDiaperLover
I don't tell them
Yes I wear for need but I am also a DL
People are already uncomfortably discussing medical stuff there is no way I discuss "bedroom" stuff with friends & family. Just as they don't discus with me what they do behind their bedroom door.

I get the need to tell people and be accepted but I promise you the situation where that discussion goes well is extremely rare
it almost always goes poorly

Thankfully Adisc exists and we can discuss diapers in any way here with out judgment

Last edited:
Reactions: DLPeakOut, espectro, KBoy and 6 others
Just my wife knows. Maybe one of her female friends too.

Reactions: KBoy, BBBen and foxypinky
Subtlerustle said:
Just my wife knows. Maybe one of her female friends too.
My wife knows and ridicules me for it... So I've never told anyone else who knows me personally...

• Sad
Reactions: KBoy, DiaperedCherub, BBBen and 5 others
For my dl side, aside from my renter (who found out by accident) no one knows (at least not to my knowledge) aside people here. No one except people here know about my little/ab side.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLPeakOut, KBoy, medfet878 and 2 others
Only 2 people that I personally know, know anything about this. My wife and my niece. Both were incredibly accepting. My wife @MommaBunny takes great care of me and my niece, a family counselor lends me her ear when I need it.

I would never tell anybody else.

Reactions: KBoy, mistykitty, BBBen and 3 others
foxypinky said:
Does anyone know how friends or parents or ordinary people would respond knowing that you like diapers ?
Just my wife but I'm sure she will tell one of her girl friends.

• Sad
Reactions: Miccheck, KBoy, mistykitty and 3 others
Binky151 said:
Just my wife but I'm sure she will tell one of her girl friends.
How would you feel about that? I’m debating whether to ask my wife if she ever did. Part of me wants to know and another doesn’t.

Subtlerustle said:
How would you feel about that? I’m debating whether to ask my wife if she ever did. Part of me wants to know and another doesn’t.
I highly fear the possibility of my wife telling her friends about my interests... It's only the fact that none of them have confronted me that I can be sure she hasn't yet told them...

Reactions: Miccheck, KBoy, mistykitty and 2 others
artemisenterri said:
I highly fear the possibility of my wife telling her friends about my interests... It's only the fact that none of them have confronted me that I can be sure she hasn't yet told them...
I guess it’s all how she would frame it. I know my wife wouldn’t throw me under the bus as it being a negative. When we were in deep talks about it she expressed a desire to talk to someone neutral about it. I gave her a few names of her friends that I felt comfortable knowing this about me as they’re friends of mine by extension. In your case it seems it’s the subject of blackmail which is about as bad as it can get for a DL. I feel for ya brother. If it were me, I’d be plotting an out of state exit in the middle of the night. I hope that’s not too forward of me to say it’s just that shame surrounding ABDL is a hot button for me.

Subtlerustle said:
I guess it’s all how she would frame it. I know my wife wouldn’t throw me under the bus as it being a negative. When we were in deep talks about it she expressed a desire to talk to someone neutral about it. I gave her a few names of her friends that I felt comfortable knowing this about me as they’re friends of mine by extension. In your case it seems it’s the subject of blackmail which is about as bad as it can get for a DL. I feel for ya brother. If it were me, I’d be plotting an out of state exit in the middle of the night. I hope that’s not too forward of me to say it’s just that shame surrounding ABDL is a hot button for me.
Sadly, I don't have the funds to do anything like that... When my paycheck direct deposits each week, 80% goes into the joint bank account, I have my own private account that 20% goes into, but it immediately goes back out to try and pay down my credit card balances... If I took any more out of those checks, it would cause nuclear-level catastrophe for me in terms of her filing for divorce and trying to claim I "owe" her for the years she "carried" the income burden when i was getting my degree (which happened 25 years ago)...

• Wow
Reactions: KBoy, DiaperedCherub, BBBen and 1 other person
Subtlerustle said:
It would really depend on which one she told, one I know would be cool about it for sure but I dont think the rest would.

Reactions: KBoy and foxypinky
My sister has known seemingly forever. She has been very understanding and as far as I know never told anyone. My wife found out before we were married and after going through quite a bit, she married me anyway and has been as supportive as I could ever hope for, but even there, we have had our moments when she told me in one way or another she wished I would grow up and not be so dependent of wearing diapers all the time, or worse. She told her mother all about my diapers after we married. She also told two of her girlfriends that I know of, maybe more. Her mother superficially acts all right but I know she disapproves of my behavior and lets me know in subtle ways she thinks I'm immature or worse.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: KBoy, DiaperedCherub, sparkledog and 7 others
artemisenterri said:
Sadly, I don't have the funds to do anything like that... When my paycheck direct deposits each week, 80% goes into the joint bank account, I have my own private account that 20% goes into, but it immediately goes back out to try and pay down my credit card balances... If I took any more out of those checks, it would cause nuclear-level catastrophe for me in terms of her filing for divorce and trying to claim I "owe" her for the years she "carried" the income burden when i was getting my degree (which happened 25 years ago)...
I have a few buddies and coworkers that bailed out or got thrown out. A few actually moved to Mexico. A half paycheck goes a lot farther down there. The thing is bullies are usually not so tough when challenged. She’s going to lose half of her income and have find a place to live. Unless she has a secret stash of cash, her ability to legally screw will be based on what goes in the bank account. Hey, I’m not an expert. All I know is life is too short and many people survive to live a fulfilling life after the big decision. I feel terrible for people that have this held over their heads like a sword. It’s just wrong.

Reactions: KBoy, DiaperedCherub, BBBen and 2 others
My wife knows I wear diapers 24/7 365. I have Been a diaper lover off and on for years.🥺 My wife has found my used diapers hidden around the house over the years. My son many years ago playing with matches started the bed on fire I had hidden some Pampers under the bed. When I became Incontinent 3 years ago. 🤨 I tried not to fall back in love all over again with diapers, but I did as my Profile says AB/DL and Incontinent. :rolleyes: Did I want this every day 24/7 365 days a year no. The wife ignores me wearing diapers and plastic pants. 🥺

• Sad
Reactions: KBoy, medfet878, BBBen and 3 others
Only my wife knew and my best friend from college knows. He was cool with it.

Reactions: KBoy, mistykitty, BBBen and 1 other person
I have 2, non-ABDL, friends that know I wear diapers. One is incontinent and I felt open to sharing with her when she expressed embarrassment with her condition. Though she knows I wear bc I want to, she accepts me. She is happy to have someone that understands and accepts her.
My other friend is in the kink community, and she completely understands that I am a DL that is sometimes a toddler. I have worn my diapers under my clothes around her. We have talked about it, and she is just happy I am comfortable enough to be my true self around her.

Reactions: KBoy, sparkledog, mistykitty and 4 others
I don't think anyone in my current life knows except my wife, I don't think she has ever told anyone, I really can't be sure. I think it would be great if one of her friends came up to me and said so your a bedwetter, tell me all about it because I want to l know. I wish there wasn't such a stigma about being a DL/ Bedwetter. My wife knew from the get go that i enjoyed pee play, wetting and such. I can every so often engage her in talking about it, I have told her I cannot understand why I like doing the things that I do, she is very understanding but doesn't really want to talk about it.

Reactions: KBoy, BBBen, Kayleigh and 2 others
foxypinky said:
5 people know. All were positive reactions. None were negative. A few people asked questions, but that was about it. The psychologist had never had a patient like me, so they were really curious.

My parents are 2 of those who know and lets just say....anything that you say you're on painkillers + anesthesia should be construed as crazy talk.

Reactions: KBoy, foxypinky and Subtlerustle
Most of the people I've told have been relatively supportive of it! The first person I told was my Girlfriend in highschool, at first she said it was a little weird. Then she grew to be really ok with it once we talked about it more.
The next person I told was a couple one of them happened to be my later ex-girlfriend but she was dating my good friend which long story short it was all okay. I realize that they were really great for each other! His response was eww that's disgusting! Her response was it's okay and then she proceeded to rebuke her boyfriend that some people may need them for comfort and stress relief. I was always very happy that she was so accepting of it! I think she had previously taken 2 years of nursing so she knew some things about the medical field.
There are plenty of other people that know but I'm going to just mention one more. So I have a friend and he has a sister and he knows and he's never ever even wants hinted at whether or not he would approved her disapproved. This friend is very accepting very open so is his sister and I think his sister might know that I wear diapers through him rather than through me so I find that really interesting. I'm not upset if my friend had told his sister that doesn't bother me at all. I'm literally more open about it than I've ever been in my life. And if people know they know and if they have a problem with it it's their problem not mine.

Reactions: Binky151, KBoy, dogboy and 2 others
Back