Is this a new(ish) thing on Pull-ups?

Riddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I noticed the latest boxes of Pull-ups boasting refastenable sides. I think I remember them being a feature for a bit but I don’t remember it being shown so prominently on the box. Or am I just having a brain fart here?

IMG_20240418_135655054.jpeg

I figure that lets parents change a pull-up without having to take off the kid’s shoes?
It sort of blurs the distinction from regular diapers.
But I do know of one child in my extended family who has been put in them just as diapers since they were left over from a false start to potty training.

Reactions: Canadianfalls and Lostdiapersboy
Yeah I just depends on the brand if they have them. I think it is to make it easier to take them on and off.

I think there pushing the refastenable sides more because pampers easy ups don't have them, so there a USP along with the fade when wet design.
While pampers push the 3 channel core and 360 waistband, but don't have any wetness indicator and are more hassle to change due to not having re fastening sides

I wish adult ones were similar, atleast if the pull up is sliding down your hips the design is there to snug it up and as for kids, who really wants to try and slide a dirty pull up all the way down then try and step out of it with Out creating more mess. Tear away and good bye dirty bum lol

Reactions: CptKirk, Lostdiapersboy and bigtoddler96
It’s been a while since I bought any, but Pull-Ups always had refastenable sides when we our kid used them. Definitely something you wanted for messy accident changes with a squirmy 3-4 year old.

Reactions: TigerDL, DLScottsman and Canadianfalls
But were they boasting them so plainly on the box?

Huggies has always made the Velcro sides a selling point. I honestly can’t think of a Pull Ups package that didn’t mention it since they’ve been introduced. Might not have been as prominent in the past, but it’s definitely been printed on every package of Pull Ups.

Diapertoddler said:
I wish adult ones were similar, atleast if the pull up is sliding down your hips the design is there to snug it up and as for kids, who really wants to try and slide a dirty pull up all the way down then try and step out of it with Out creating more mess. Tear away and good bye dirty bum lol
There was an adult pull-up made with this feature once. It was a Depend product, Adjustable Underwear. It's been at least a decade since I've seen them. They were like a lightweight diaper that you could pull-up and then tighten up with the velcro tabs. The wings separated for changing. Honestly, they were a very decent product for depend. They fit WAY better than any adult pull-up I've ever tried, and were very discreet when out and about (public changing, temporary removal for toileting in public). But at the end of the day they really weren't a pull-up.

Llayden said:
There was an adult pull-up made with this feature once. It was a Depend product, Adjustable Underwear. It's been at least a decade since I've seen them. They were like a lightweight diaper that you could pull-up and then tighten up with the velcro tabs. The wings separated for changing. Honestly, they were a very decent product for depend. They fit WAY better than any adult pull-up I've ever tried, and were very discreet when out and about (public changing, temporary removal for toileting in public). But at the end of the day they really weren't a pull-up.
They had the same outer fabric as huggies overnights with the embossed stars.
I saw a pack in a chemists about 8 years ago, when I when back there where gone, wishing I'd just bought them now, they where never widely distributed here in the UK.
I believe a few Japanese brands offer velcro sided pullups.

Back