Will adults wearing nappies ever be considered normal?

SparkyDog said:
unfortunately though diaper stigma is alive and well in many and nothing will change their mind.
And a lot of that stigma is exacerbated by the lunatic fringe among us who force themselves on an unsuspecting public for attention or "likes", or stuff like the King Baby episode of CSI...

Reactions: DinoFrant and PadPhilosopher
artemisenterri said:
And a lot of that stigma is exacerbated by the lunatic fringe among us who force themselves on an unsuspecting public for attention or "likes", or stuff like the King Baby episode of CSI...
which is why we strive on here to be better and don't make things worse for all of us
unfortunately every group has bad apples not just abdl

Reactions: DinoFrant, artemisenterri and PadPhilosopher
messydiaper said:
I don't just have a diaper fetish (DL), I love enemas, and having other stuff stuck up my back side. I am hot for my wife. I love being spanked. I love humiliation. I love forced feminization. How am I to separate all that? If I want wearing diapers to become normalized, don't I also want the public to embrace all the other bedroom taboos I'm into? How about we just keep bedroom stuff in the bedroom and not have a general want for "the public" to accept it?
I wear diapers for anxiety reasons, how is that "bedroom stuff"? I think your projecting a bit by saying it's a fetish. For some sure, but not everyone.
I for one would like people to just not care. but for someone who LIKES humiliation, I can see how you wouldn't want that to be normal.

Reactions: DiaperedTeddyBear, GreasyGears, TeeMousy and 2 others
Honestly if you told people 20 years ago being trans would be considered normal I don't think anyone would believe it.
Same with being gay 30 years ago.
So who knows? we may only be 10 -20 years away from being accepted.
What's odd today is normal tomorrow.

• Thinking
Reactions: Pino, Diapersntights and PadPhilosopher
Eventually. If changing your gender or identifying as a lampshade ( im for it, you do you and im proud of you for being honest) is socially acceptable, diapers will be in time.

• Thinking
Reactions: Ian16545, Rezzu, Canadianfalls and 1 other person
It doesnt really mean all that much as far as how normal it is. There are many incontinent people out there and is no real different than any other medical condition people have to deal with. Adult Diapers and other incontinent aids are normal in society because most know they are there to aid them. As far as the fetish aspect its of course not as mainstream but thats the case with many fetishes out there. Most generally are private or keep their fetishes personal and dont want to expose the public to it.

Reactions: kenta04 and PadPhilosopher
MikeDJ said:
It doesnt really mean all that much as far as how normal it is. There are many incontinent people out there and is no real different than any other medical condition people have to deal with. Adult Diapers and other incontinent aids are normal in society because most know they are there to aid them. As far as the fetish aspect its of course not as mainstream but thats the case with many fetishes out there. Most generally are private or keep their fetishes personal and dont want to expose the public to it.
I think the main mindset in this thread is just relating to the diaper-wearing aspect in and of itself, without focusing on the fetish angle...

So many of us are afraid of accidental discovery and being publicly ridiculed for being "a grown-ass adult wearing and wetting a diaper"...

Reactions: DinoFrant and PadPhilosopher
With all the advertising going on at present in magazines, marketing generally and using supermarket deals and the like, all of that is slowly normalising the wearing of Nappies for so many different reasons.
It can only be a matter of time !

Reactions: kenta04, Rezzu and PadPhilosopher
I honestly think it is more accepted than it used to be.

Reactions: kenta04, Diapersntights, Blorgldorf21 and 1 other person
JonahAteAWhale said:
And if so, do you want it to be considered normal?
I still live a normal adult life while wearing Nappies/Diapers under my normal clothes that I want to be happy with this 1 life that we all going to get and just make use of it

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Only person I want (need) acceptance from is my wife. Unfortunately that is very far from reality.

• Sad
Reactions: Binky151, artemisenterri and PadPhilosopher
It seems unlikely to me that regular society will accept diaper wearing as normal. The common view is that diapers are only for babies or for people with a medical need. A large number of people have an aversion to bodily fluids too. It illicits a sense of disgust in them. So wearing and using them makes it even more "gross".

As for fetish/kink purposes. I can see it becoming more normalised in that space. That's good, as long as it doesn't cross over into purposeful exhibitionism to unconsenting people in the general public. That just makes us look bad.

Reactions: kenta04, DinoFrant, Lickingatallsorts and 3 others
That just isn't happening, or at least I do not think it will. Unless they become some weird cultural trend some place down the line, which I doubt somehow.

Then again, didn't Japan have a trend for nearly a decade where adult diapers were selling better than baby diapers, but I guess that is more to do with their ageing population and low birth rates.

Reactions: Pino, kenta04 and PadPhilosopher
But not being nosy, but we have adults and kids come in all the time wearing a diaper under there clothing, and when i was at good will the other day they had mega max samples for sale…more ppl are wearing diapers/pads for incontinence.. But it’s not a fetish thing they use them cause they’re convenient in a busy urban environment, I know At least one coworker that wears diapers, I’m pretty sure for needing to go all the time.
And both kids and adults wear them for the security…and oops moments… We had a older guy come in the other day with riding shorts on a diaper and his riding shirt… And his diaper was clearly visible under his riding shorts…. We get a lot of seniors that are just like whatever. Yeah I’m wearing a diaper so what!! Once you’re over 40 can just chalk it up to getting older…or Injury

Last edited:
Reactions: kenta04, artemisenterri, gobphus and 1 other person
Another thing is right now we’re in the acceptance movement the LGBTQ community is very passive aggressive about there being accepted, which means people just literally ignore a lot of things now, so I think it’s much easier to wear and people completely. Ignore you or just Wipe their brain after they have an interaction and move on

• Thinking
thefurealfriends2 said:
But not being nosy, but we have adults and kids come in all the time wearing a diaper under there clothing, and when i was at good will the other day they had mega max samples for sale…more ppl are wearing diapers/pads for incontinence.. But it’s not a fetish thing they use them cause they’re convenient in a busy urban environment, I know At least one coworker that wears diapers, I’m pretty sure for needing to go all the time.
And both kids and adults wear them for the security…and oops moments… We had a older guy come in the other day with riding shorts on a diaper and his riding shirt… And his diaper was clearly visible under his riding shorts…. We get a lot of seniors that are just like whatever. Yeah I’m wearing a diaper so what!! Once you’re over 40 can just chalk it up to getting older…or Injury
thefurealfriends2 said:
My sentiments exactly. "I wear nappies so what" When I first started wearing nappies all the time I was so conscious of them. Then I realised no one is bothered about an older guy in nappies. Nowadays I don't give it a thought when out and about.

Reactions: kenta04 and PadPhilosopher
I think it’s unlikely that diapers will be considered mainstream, but with the growth and wider publicity of disability awareness - in different forms, I do foresee the diaper stigma slowly eroding, which IMO is a good thing.

Considering the wider acceptance of other disability aids, and the recognition that they are tools to help you, rather than something to be ashamed of using, then I can see that diapers being normalised as a tool to manage incontinence, rather than being a source of shame and ridicule.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Wetshisbed said:
I honestly think it is more accepted than it used to be.
I totally agree. Much less stigma than in the past. There's a group of guys around my age in work that have had
medical issues in the past with side effect of needing diapers (for a while, not permanently) We don't go broadcasting
these conversations but there's no shaming either.

CrinkleBear said:
I wear diapers for anxiety reasons, how is that "bedroom stuff"? I think your projecting a bit by saying it's a fetish. For some sure, but not everyone.
I for one would like people to just not care. but for someone who LIKES humiliation, I can see how you wouldn't want that to be normal.
Sorry about your anxiety and glad that diapers help in that area. But if you're not looking to walk around in nothing but a diaper (and I'm not saying you are), you can still wear a diaper under your clothes without anyone else knowing?

Aimeesaurus said:
It seems unlikely to me that regular society will accept diaper wearing as normal. The common view is that diapers are only for babies or for people with a medical need. A large number of people have an aversion to bodily fluids too. It illicits a sense of disgust in them. So wearing and using them makes it even more "gross".

As for fetish/kink purposes. I can see it becoming more normalised in that space. That's good, as long as it doesn't cross over into purposeful exhibitionism to unconsenting people in the general public. That just makes us look bad.
That is pretty much my thoughts on normalising wearing diapers. Most adults are aware and considerate of someone using for medical reasons. Should we expect the general public outside our own homes to normalise something we get a thrill out of? I'd argue no. I'd also suggest it would take away part of the thrill for us with regard to it being 'taboo'.

Reactions: WBxx, PadPhilosopher and Aimeesaurus
Back