Honest thoughts on Attends today

Canadianfalls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Attends has a bad rep aside from the Premiers. Now it seems with that new line and some recent changes, they may be trying to earn their image back.

Without cluttering the thread, has anyone here used any Attends diapers recently? In the last year or so? If so, what version/name was it and what was your honest experience?

No one should expect a diaper costing less than a dollar per unit to perform like a MegaMax, so let's be reasonable. I'm curious and would like to see if any of their other products are worth buying.

Reactions: chamberpot, PadPhilosopher, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
I have tried the Attends premiers and they are not bad actually.🙂

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Canadianfalls
Attends was at one time a decent brand especially when they were still made by P&G

Reactions: mayhem and PadPhilosopher
I am currently wearing an attends level 9 large pad it is fine. I am wearing attends level 10s at night at the moment they cope very well with my heavy night time wetting.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Canadianfalls
I’m guessing the new iterations are all “breathable” models yeah? I feel like it would take a miracle for the institutional brands to reverse course and return to plastic backed glory.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and soggybottoms8882
dpcare said:
Attends was at one time a decent brand especially when they were still made by P&G
Have you tried them recently?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Subtlerustle said:
I’m guessing the new iterations are all “breathable” models yeah? I feel like it would take a miracle for the institutional brands to reverse course and return to plastic backed glory.
The Premier line is a good example of them reversing course. If they are doing that, it's possible their other products are improving as well. Isn't it?

Canadianfalls said:
Have you tried them recently?
Last time I tried them the only plastic backed ones available were pure crap and I don't use cloth like covered diapers

I have been wearing the Attends BRB20 Classic Briefs, size Medium they have excellent tapes (hook and Loop) No standing leak guard .I wear a pull-up inside with slits cut into it as a booster,, makes for a great diaper at a cost of about 89 cents a change. that is 24 hours for less then 2 bucks .. This has been my go to combination now for a few months and have had zero issues and no leaks even without the standing leg guards, I have just received 4 cases of 96 diapers from Amazon and 4 cases of 96 pull-ups from Sam's Club. I was spending around 8 dollars a day for a Mega-Max. I am a very happy and content 24/7 user

Reactions: WBxx, PadPhilosopher and Canadianfalls
chamberpot said:
I have been wearing the Attends BRB20 Classic Briefs, size Medium they have excellent tapes (hook and Loop) No standing leak guard .I wear a pull-up inside with slits cut into it as a booster,, makes for a great diaper at a cost of about 89 cents a change. that is 24 hours for less then 2 bucks .. This has been my go to combination now for a few months and have had zero issues and no leaks even without the standing leg guards, I have just received 4 cases of 96 diapers from Amazon and 4 cases of 96 pull-ups from Sam's Club. I was spending around 8 dollars a day for a Mega-Max. I am a very happy and content 24/7 user
Thank you! This is the sort of input I wanted to get. Do you think the Attends on their own without stuffers would make good diapers? Do they have any issues, or are they useable for the most part?

Reactions: chamberpot and PadPhilosopher
Canadianfalls said:
Thank you! This is the sort of input I wanted to get. Do you think the Attends on their own without stuffers would make good diapers? Do they have any issues, or are they useable for the most part?
As I am very heavy wetter I have not tried them without a booster, I don't think they would make it for a stand alone for me as the Mega-Max do. I think that the lack of the standing leak guard would allow them to leak at the leg gathers, I don't have this problem due to the pull up taking the blunt of the release and allowing it to seep out though the slits ,, at the daily cost I am fine with using a booster

Reactions: Canadianfalls and PadPhilosopher
I like their older versions...Im not into clothlike diapers. They have better quality ones nowadays but they are still all clothlike and are just not appealing to me.

Reactions: Canadianfalls and CptKirk
MikeDJ said:
I like their older versions...Im not into clothlike diapers. They have better quality ones nowadays but they are still all clothlike and are just not appealing to me.
Which ones are alright today? Aside from the cloth backing. Do any of them hold up well?

I have been using attends classic 10 periodically. They are like a hybrid with plastic cover with cloth sides. They are good at keeping you cool on a hot day with the added protection of plastic backed central part. They are priced acordingly in my opinion. They do suffer a little with stretch over the course of a day if your active but a some normal underwear over the top keeps tgat at bay. In my opinion the plastic is very nice. And doesn’t get sticky after a prolonged time between your legs.
As for capacity they are reasonable for their cost. But they aren’t going to win any capacity prizes. But definitely worth a try as they are not expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Subtlerustle and Canadianfalls
I have tried them recently, and their top of the line Premier model is still trash. That's why I stopped buying them several decades ago.

Honeywell6180 said:
I have tried them recently, and their top of the line Premier model is still trash. That's why I stopped buying them several decades ago.
I have to disagree with this big time. It's a solid diaper, maybe just a bit overpriced.

Morrisdl said:
I have been using attends classic 10 periodically. They are like a hybrid with plastic cover with cloth sides. They are good at keeping you cool on a hot day with the added protection of plastic backed central part. They are priced acordingly in my opinion. They do suffer a little with stretch over the course of a day if your active but a some normal underwear over the top keeps tgat at bay. In my opinion the plastic is very nice. And doesn’t get sticky after a prolonged time between your legs.
As for capacity they are reasonable for their cost. But they aren’t going to win any capacity prizes. But definitely worth a try as they are not expensive.
Are either of these the ones you are referring to?

Morrisdl said:
This sounds like a European version.

• Wow
Reactions: Canadianfalls
Back