Will adults wearing nappies ever be considered normal?

JonahAteAWhale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
And if so, do you want it to be considered normal?

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: littlestmay, mistykitty, diaperdude and 5 others
I doubt it ever will at least not for non-incontinent people. It really makes me no deference unless it lowers the price of diapers.

• Love
Reactions: Diamond, denimchicken, Lostdiapersboy and 3 others
I don´t care about being normal, whatever normal means... but in order to perceive diapers differently it´s necessary to view diapers from a not-ridicule perspective: we need parents to stop potty-training their kids by the premise that diapers are only for babies and making fun of them to push them into using the toilet, and we also need society to stop ridiculing the need of some elder folks to wear diapers.

Short answer: adults wearing diapers will not be considered normal, at least within the next 4 generations.

Reactions: PricklyPear, littlestmay, GreasyGears and 7 others
No
but does it need to be?

what is normal but a setting on a washing machine.
Enjoy your diapers responsibly and don't worry about what others think

• Love
Reactions: DLPeakOut, ucfguy475, soggybottoms8882 and 11 others
I think better products will enter the market in brick & mortar stores as the population ages and costs go up, an elder in a home diapered is very expensive past the diaper itself, you have the gloves, cleaning supplies, gown, mast ect…

• Thinking
Reactions: CptKirk and PadPhilosopher
No.

I think it is becoming normal in a lot of places. Some countries like Japan are selling more adult diapers than children's diapers now. What's normal doesn't need to be common.

• Wow
Reactions: PricklyPear, littlestmay, GreasyGears and 8 others
I doubt it but I wish it would. I don’t see anything wrong with wanting to wear diapers. Something I seen someone on here say is wanting to wear diapers is no different than just wearing underwear it’s just a different type of underwear that most people don’t wear.

Reactions: GreasyGears, Ian16545, Canadianfalls and 2 others
goodniteswearer89 said:
I doubt it but I wish it would. I don’t see anything wrong with wanting to wear diapers. Something I seen someone on here say is wanting to wear diapers is no different than just wearing underwear it’s just a different type of underwear that most people don’t wear.
I wish it would be normal too.

Reactions: GreasyGears, PadPhilosopher and goodniteswearer89
No, adults wearing diapers will never be considered normal unfortunately. I do believe people accept and understand those who wear diapers for medical reasons, but I'm very doubtful the general public will ever accept people like me who wear diapers for comfort, pleasure, fetish or relief from anxiety or pressure.

• Sad
Reactions: GreasyGears, Diapersntights, BBBen and 5 others
I suppose it Depends 😆 on your definition of "normal." If you mean it in the sense that a high percentage of the population does it, no, I don't think it will. Most people would rather not. But if you mean it in the sense that it becomes widely socially acceptable, it might. I agree with @DinoFrant that ridiculing kids in toilet training needs to stop (sadly, it's not the only parental ridicule scenario) and frankly, we all need to stop all the ridicule. Live and let live. People making different choices than you isn't automatically bad.

Reactions: GreasyGears, Rezzu, DinoFrant and 2 others
JonahAteAWhale said:
And if so, do you want it to be considered normal?
Yes, I do want that to be something that the "vanilla" public won't mock or ridicule us over.

I'm so damned tired of having to hide my interests away from people, having to live a "double" life around "vanilla" people...

Reactions: Lyric, GreasyGears, Binky151 and 3 others
Normal is usually defined as what the majority of people do and accept. Since we're a small minority, we can't be considered normal by that definition. Quite frankly, I don't care as I don't give much credence to the majority of people.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
artemisenterri said:
Yes, I do want that to be something that the "vanilla" public won't mock or ridicule us over.

I'm so damned tired of having to hide my interests away from people, having to live a "double" life around "vanilla" people...
well generally we hide our "bedroom" stuff in the bedroom
what would be your ideal normal scenario?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Lyric said:
No, adults wearing diapers will never be considered normal unfortunately. I do believe people accept and understand those who wear diapers for medical reasons, but I'm very doubtful the general public will ever accept people like me who wear diapers for comfort, pleasure, fetish or relief from anxiety or pressure.
Agreed. Diapers will always be associated with babies, so the stigma will always continue.

• Sad
Reactions: Lyric, GreasyGears, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
I don't just have a diaper fetish (DL), I love enemas, and having other stuff stuck up my back side. I am hot for my wife. I love being spanked. I love humiliation. I love forced feminization. How am I to separate all that? If I want wearing diapers to become normalized, don't I also want the public to embrace all the other bedroom taboos I'm into? How about we just keep bedroom stuff in the bedroom and not have a general want for "the public" to accept it?

Reactions: Lyric, PadPhilosopher and SparkyDog
Who knows? Swifties and New Year's Eve in Times Square are beginning to normalize them for special occasions.

• Haha
Reactions: GreasyGears, diaperdude, BuffedBaby and 5 others
SparkyDog said:
well generally we hide our "bedroom" stuff in the bedroom
what would be your ideal normal scenario?
I'm not talking about sexualizing it, just removing the stigma of it. Like someone posted previously about an accidental "pantsing" incident while waiting in line at the store, people were snickering and staring... Accidental exposure shouldn't generate such reactions. A person shouldn't need to fear being able to take spares to work with them in case they need to change...

Reactions: PricklyPear, GreasyGears, Binky151 and 2 others
messydiaper said:
I don't just have a diaper fetish (DL), I love enemas, and having other stuff stuck up my back side. I am hot for my wife. I love being spanked. I love humiliation. I love forced feminization. How am I to separate all that? If I want wearing diapers to become normalized, don't I also want the public to embrace all the other bedroom taboos I'm into? How about we just keep bedroom stuff in the bedroom and not have a general want for "the public" to accept it?
No, i'm not thinking about things that would involved nudity being "normalized", that's not something that needs to be in the public's view.

I don't want to feel like people are staring at me and judging me any time I attempt to buy a pack from a store... I don't want accidental exposure by a random incident like getting caught on a sharp edge that rips your pants open causing a big scene with people snickering or pointing.

Reactions: GreasyGears and PadPhilosopher
artemisenterri said:
I don't want to feel like people are staring at me and judging me any time I attempt to buy a pack from a store... I don't want accidental exposure by a random incident like getting caught on a sharp edge that rips your pants open causing a big scene with people snickering or pointing.
People don't care what you buy
they are focused on their own lives
and just because you're buying them doesn't mean it's for you. People buy stuff for their kids & parents.
Medical need is generally accepted but AB-DL won't and I don't think it needs to be. If you enjoy diapers buy & wear em
I do (also wear for need) I am not looking for acceptance
if someone happens to judge while I'm buying ill never see that person again

unfortunately though diaper stigma is alive and well in many and nothing will change their mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreasyGears and PadPhilosopher
Back