Projects? What are you working on?

My neighbor is a builder and he helped with designing a new staircase from my deck to the beach. He got some carpenters and by the end of the month. We will take out the old one and start the new one. They don't want for me to help but at least I can help. The older one is solid but old. It shouldn't take a couple of weeks. I designed for it and it will add another deck halfway through to the beach.

Reactions: JunkyardDog1
So I am a huge wrestling nerd and next year is the 40 year anniversary of pro wrestling on pay per view, so I am working on a tribute project of sorts.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, BBBen and JunkyardDog1
Nottylu said:
My list is never ending, working on veg gardens and greenhouse right now, planting season is here. Next is bees and birds are nesting, sometime this summer I got a boat in pasture I'd really like to go fishing with. One day at a time, atleast I'm not the only one.
We have onions, shallots, and garlic in. Cleaned out strawberry bed and moved the horseradish to its own secluded section so I stop bumping it with the rototiller and spreading it lol. Idk what she has in her little starter box but I know our 25x50 garden will be filled.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Nottylu
princessarya said:
So I am a huge wrestling nerd and next year is the 40 year anniversary of pro wrestling on pay per view, so I am working on a tribute project of sorts.
So. Lol. My first job was on a farm but it also housed special needs individuals. (This relates to wrestling, hold on, its a good memory for me). One of the gentleman was a 40 yr old with mental retardation and the mindset of about a 13 yr old (my age at the time) and he loved wrestling. At that point they switched from wwf to wwe. And the commercial was wwe, get the f out. He didn't like it but has it misconstrued so he said wwf f you. Lol.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, tempestcd and princessarya
JunkyardDog1 said:
We have onions, shallots, and garlic in. Cleaned out strawberry bed and moved the horseradish to its own secluded section so I stop bumping it with the rototiller and spreading it lol. Idk what she has in her little starter box but I know our 25x50 garden will be filled.
Like to hear people growing own food, go back to old days. Of course it seems weird, old man gardening in diapers, just my private relaxation.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, denimchicken and JunkyardDog1
The Classic car collection always needs a bit of wrenching. Then there's the YouTube thing & the films I do- that's all film and video tape without adobe-whatever; I like doing practical effects and modelbuilding and stuff like that along with the manual editing. I made this hill with a castle in miniature as a backdrop but I don't actually have a film for it yet, I just knew I had to make it. I'm home-making another fursuit of my fursona, as well as putting together a few non-furry creature costumes. I'm mending some clothes I like too much to throw out, and sewing more because the stores haven't had what I want and ebay psychos want too much for vintage. A couple of '70s swag lamps to restore, plenty of 80s electronics to repair, I'm setting up my work bench again to work better, building a lil carwork garage, putting wood paneling up in my bedroom, getting the firepit going for the summer, un-digitalizing my friends and family who are clearly unhappy living through facebook and tiktok, the ever-growing collections of things, and heck even my gender transition can be considered a project in the way I do my projects. Some people complain about "clutter" and "having too much to do", but I love having projects and the clutter they entail, it brings me life. If I'm without projects, I go crazy. The key is to let go of those end-dates in the back of your head and approach it organically.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, denimchicken, dogboy and 2 others
I’m in the process of renovating a 102 year old farmhouse from the ground up. Doing nearly all the work myself. my budget doesn’t have enough to hire help. Cash for this place and have. enough to do all the renovations.. by the time I’ve done It’ll be a nice place and the best part mortgage free. Spent the last six weeks working on drainage and foundation issues. And this week working on the floors.

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, RojasPuraVida, Pelusos and 6 others
I
Nottylu said:
Like to hear people growing own food, go back to old days. Of course it seems weird, old man gardening in diapers, just my private relaxation.
My family always had a garden til my pap died, and so did it. My mom always kept one until recently. My gf family has two on the farm and one at her parents, and her and I made ours bigger a few yrs ago. Theres no shortage of ANY vegetable. The farm has about a dozen beef cattle, 30ish chickens, 20ish rabbits and two goats. Although we let the rabbits free range and stopped butchering, we could rely on them if needed. Theres apple trees, pear trees, blueberries, strawberries, mulberry and grapes. If done right, we can survive without for a long time.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Nottylu and tempestcd
Thank you guys for sharing in some idle convo about yourselves. It gives me a sense of normalcy to know im still working on regular things and sharing regular experiences with people all over the place doing the same thing. And we all have the common interest that brought this together. Sometimes the dl thing still makes me feel a bit backwards lol

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Nottylu, denimchicken and 2 others
Nottylu said:
Lol, after messing with all this amazing technology we have, at the end of the day I think, I kinda want to throw it all away and go back to playing in the dirt trying to grow some plants.

Reactions: SnepperStepper, BobbiSueEllen and Nottylu
I'm working on my dissertation for University at the moment. It's absolutely brutal. I am so critical of my own work. We are all our own worst critics I suppose. I feel like there isn't enough time in the day sometimes but I'll get there eventually!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, gobphus, denimchicken and 3 others
Aimeesaurus said:
I'm working on my dissertation for University at the moment. It's absolutely brutal. I am so critical of my own work. We are all our own worst critics I suppose. I feel like there isn't enough time in the day sometimes but I'll get there eventually!
Good luck in finishing your dissertation soon! It can be a daunting task.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Aimeesaurus
gobphus said:
Good luck in finishing your dissertation soon! It can be a daunting task.
Thanks! I'm getting there I think. Still a lot to do but progress is good

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and gobphus
In 8 days I’m giving a talk about a massive scientific project that is still underway, so I’m trying to keep up with the latest developments as well as preparing slides for my presentation.

Reactions: denimchicken, BobbiSueEllen and Aimeesaurus
gobphus said:
In 8 days I’m giving a talk about a massive scientific project that is still underway, so I’m trying to keep up with the latest developments as well as preparing slides for my presentation.
That sounds pretty big! I hope it all goes well for you. Presenting is a daunting task.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and gobphus
My list of stuff is long, juging from moveset videos I have to make to stat docs for my movesets I need to update. It's annoying but what can you do.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I am needing to get my yard whipped back into shape, I had it all just about done and we then had a 18 inch wet snowstorm that brought down a bunch of tree trash, I hurt my shoulder really bad in a fall about 2 and a half weeks ago and raking is going to be really hard , I want to get it done before the black flies get bad. maybe I'll break down and hire some of the work to be done, I doubt that because I am basically a miser when it comes to doing something that I can do better then someone else would.

Very soon our boat will be put back in the water so there will be a lot of things to do with it so we can move back aboard for the summer. remember the only thing that works on an old boat is .....the owner..

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: dogboy, Nottylu, JunkyardDog1 and 2 others
I've been putting a bunch of time in learning game design in UE. Since I'm having a hard time in my job hunt, this seems like a good time to put myself on the path of being a game developer.

Reactions: KittyninjaW, JunkyardDog1 and BobbiSueEllen
I'd love to do more woodworking...plus I gotta get the dings filled on my TicTac (tiny car) so I can have her painted by fall. Also gotta disassemble my Harbor Freight trailer, which I bought new in 2021, and strip/de-rust/repaint the frame because Yongqing Corporation is horrible at painting their products...and Kentucky rain is caustic, makes paint bubble.

Reactions: Tomtomthedl, KittyninjaW and JunkyardDog1
I'm in the middle of some spring cleaning. Just got done with my tool shed. Now i need to clean the carb on my chain saw and get the yard in order. All ways a project.

Reactions: SnepperStepper, Nottylu, tempestcd and 2 others
Back