Incontinent students during school

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I went to Catholic schools (from elementary through coed high school) and I was incontinent since the beginning (and still is). When I was in school just about everyone knew that I was wearing a diaper. Lots of teasing but rarely bullied (great nuns, brothers and teachers). I'm sure that I wasn't the only one who didn't like school. Even though I liked my friends and my teachers, school was a challenging place.

I appreciated the education I received and I was fairly smart. I never had to go for gym class in high school because I was exempted. I got to visit the library for my free period even though I liked gym when I was a younger. There was another student who was also exempted from gym class. She had cerebral palsy but she wasn't in a wheelchair (she could walk). She must have had the same free period time like me. I figured out that she must have been incontinent because we both went to see the school nurse after lunch. I talked with her but we never discussed diapers. I think the two of us were too embarrassed to ask anything about IC.

I remembered once when I was sitting in the nurse's office waiting for my turn. The nurse opened her door and said "Oh it's you. Do you need help with your diaper?" By then I was completely able to change myself. She said it loud enough that other students near the office could heard it. The comments were terrible. At that point my secret was blown (if it wasn't already before). It reinforced the "diaper boy" talk. Not fun.

As a mature adult, I look back at school and it wasn't a great place. How was school like for being IC? What was your worst incident? What were the mean comments you got? I went through the most of it (thanks for my friends, family and a remarkable therapist). Did you have support or would you be without help?

• Love
Reactions: Canadianfalls, Chimera, EcoIncon and 6 others
I was not supported by many in my small west Texas school system. My elementary and middle school experiences were ‘Hell on Earth’ for me, much of which I’ve blocked out, though continues to haunt me occasionally. I was kept in diapers for as long as I can recall, which were largely treated as a form of punishment for wetting myself. All too often, my mother would use diapers as a form of humiliation to address the frustration she likely felt about my wetting…. My high school experience was unremarkable as I strived to stay well out of the spotlight. My childhood life at home wasn’t much better up to about 13 or 14 years old, which is when I was diagnosed with my sphincter and bladder birth defects. When I was 7, my severely alcoholic father threw me out my ‘closed’ bedroom window for wetting myself one horrific evening, resulting in cuts and severe bruises. Merciless beatings were common back then, by both parents as doctors couldn’t find any medical reason for my lack of control. They attributed wetting myself to possible underdeveloped bladder and laziness…!! I recall visiting a few councilors who attributed much of my issues to emotional trauma, though there was never any effort to remove me from my home. There was no sanctuary for me back then and no place to hide. My sister was the only one that I could emotionally count on for support and was very likely the only reason I survived it all.
The silver lining was that I excelled in academics in high school and ultimately was awarded a full scholarship at a high ranking Texas university, far enough from home to be able to start over with people that didn’t know me. I was able to keep my incontinence private throughout the college experience.
In proofing the above, it sounds like a lot of rambling, but honestly that’s how my mind works when I get in one of those moods. Often, these moods lead to varying degrees of depression that lasts for days but I’ve found that sharing here usually results in climbing out of the hole I occasionally dig for myself.

• Love
Reactions: Jeff Rictus, Chimera, JolandaH and 7 others
I can't imagine living this type of abuse. It looks like you had the same troubles when you were in school. I had my own school problems but at least it was mostly teasing. That was bad enough. I did have some really good friends and my teachers who tried to protect me. The only physical fight I had was when my older brother beat the shit of the guy who was fucking with me (physically). The guy was suspended while my brother became a hero in the school.

I didn't get any punishment. My family were great. Support kept me going. My mom finally connected me with a remarkable therapist. My friends helped with any depression. How you got through all that crap is beyond me. Did your mother ever become helpful?

Thanks for your comments. Makes me want to give you a hug. Members like you remind me that I'm loved and supported by my family, friends our members and my partner. I'm glad that you connected with your husband. Looks like you're doing okay..

• Love
Reactions: Chimera, PadPhilosopher, LordDuque and 3 others
Both of you are inspiring!

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Ellyn
greatlake5 said:
I can't imagine living this type of abuse. It looks like you had the same troubles when you were in school. I had my own school problems but at least it was mostly teasing. That was bad enough. I did have some really good friends and my teachers who tried to protect me. The only physical fight I had was when my older brother beat the shit of the guy who was fucking with me (physically). The guy was suspended while my brother became a hero in the school.

I didn't get any punishment. My family were great. Support kept me going. My mom finally connected me with a remarkable therapist. My friends helped with any depression. How you got through all that crap is beyond me. Did your mother ever become helpful?

Thanks for your comments. Makes me want to give you a hug. Members like you remind me that I'm loved and supported by my family, friends our members and my partner. I'm glad that you connected with your husband. Looks like you're doing okay..
Thanks for the kind words and support. My mom is a very stern person…. It’s her way or the highway, which is the reason she remains divorced and with very few friends. Still, she’s my mom and I’ll always love her even though she’s directly or indirectly responsible for most of my depression issues. It took being away from home for 4-1/2 years in college to straighten me up emotionally and my wonderful husband to keep me that way, though I have my off days like today. Facing my depression and opening up help a lot.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, LePew and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
Both of you are inspiring!
You, my dear friend are inspiring! You have brightened my day many times over the years with your friendly, non-judgmental comments and suggestions.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Ellyn said:
I was not supported by many in my small west Texas school system. My elementary and middle school experiences were ‘Hell on Earth’ for me, much of which I’ve blocked out, though continues to haunt me occasionally. I was kept in diapers for as long as I can recall, which were largely treated as a form of punishment for wetting myself. All too often, my mother would use diapers as a form of humiliation to address the frustration she likely felt about my wetting…. My high school experience was unremarkable as I strived to stay well out of the spotlight. My childhood life at home wasn’t much better up to about 13 or 14 years old, which is when I was diagnosed with my sphincter and bladder birth defects. When I was 7, my severely alcoholic father threw me out my ‘closed’ bedroom window for wetting myself one horrific evening, resulting in cuts and severe bruises. Merciless beatings were common back then, by both parents as doctors couldn’t find any medical reason for my lack of control. They attributed wetting myself to possible underdeveloped bladder and laziness…!! I recall visiting a few councilors who attributed much of my issues to emotional trauma, though there was never any effort to remove me from my home. There was no sanctuary for me back then and no place to hide. My sister was the only one that I could emotionally count on for support and was very likely the only reason I survived it all.
The silver lining was that I excelled in academics in high school and ultimately was awarded a full scholarship at a high ranking Texas university, far enough from home to be able to start over with people that didn’t know me. I was able to keep my incontinence private throughout the college experience.
In proofing the above, it sounds like a lot of rambling, but honestly that’s how my mind works when I get in one of those moods. Often, these moods lead to varying degrees of depression that lasts for days but I’ve found that sharing here usually results in climbing out of the hole I occasionally dig for myself.
Those are words from the heart, Ellyn. Bless you.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Ellyn and 1 other person
Mine was a more basic story. Constant bedwetting as a small child which I hated and found so frustrating. My parents took me to doctors but nothing was ever found and I ended up with the ‘he’ll grow out of it’ diagnosis. Nappies were taken away at 2 and I just woke up wet every day. I am also terribly dyslexic which when I was a kid was not known about, they just wrote me off as stupid. I did have daytime accidents at school although not often, but night time bedwetting was dreadful especially at boarding school from 12 years old. I was in a dormitory of about 20 boys and I was the only bedwetter. The first morning I woke up with the floor under my bed soaked. Nappies were not offered but a rubber sheet was just thrown on my bed that day and stayed with me for all my schooldays. Everybody knew but I was never bullied or teased, I never knew why except that I was a big child and although I was a gentle soul I was regarded as tough (probably because I stood up to the school bullies). In my last year I was put in a small dormitory with five other bedwetters. I hated school and I knew I was not stupid so I learned to drive and fly an aeroplane (fully airways) just to prove it to my self. I have made a success of my life as I was very determined to swim and not sink, but the incontinence (and the ABDL desires) held me back in my youth.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Chimera, PadPhilosopher and 4 others
School wasn't that fun. I had a few friends who I had known them when we were in preschool, A lot of the other students stayed away from me. In the beginning school officials tried to put me with other kids who were in the "special" needs classes. My mother and father objected so I went to the regular classes. By the time I was in 3rd grade I was put in the accelerated group. It was better than regular classes and the students weren't picking on me. Still, there were always some teasing. I was never punished except the usual bad behavior every kid gets. My sister was a few grades up from me. I could always have lunch with her and her friends. I liked them. As for support, my parents helped with all my studies and my mom took closer care for my incontinent needs. High school had a lot of the same kids I had in elementary school and jr. high. So the word got around.

The worst one was when I had a leaking accident. Actually I had a couple of those. Almost everyone knew I was wearing a diaper. I only had a few BM accidents. One happened on the school bus in the morning. I was so embarrassed. I got off the bus and just walked home to my house. It was a 7 mile walk and by te time I got home I got a terrible diaper rash. That was in high school. The others happened in elementary and jr. high. I'd rather not remember those.

I started using Nullo (internal deodorants) in high school. But everyone who is IC, they know that someone might smell something. It limited the odor though. I think I was the only kid in high school who wore cologne.

Until I went to high school, I never had a date. When I was in 11th grade I actually was asked for a dance. She was a cute girl and I could never figure
why she asked. I gave her a lame answer so I never went. So through high school I never had a girlfriend.

Going to university I only had a few dates. I had this one girl who I had sex with her (virgin for me). She was drunk and really horny. She didn't even know that I was wearing a diaper.The next morning she completely freaked out when she saw me. So that was the end of that. Since then I prefer to stay on the down low. Until...when a friend asked if I wanted to see the CSO (Chicago Symphony Orchestra). So...I went. That's another thread but she now knows and we've had several dates.

As for school, I didn't really like going. But I did get a great education. And I still have a group of friends I've known during school. When I look back, it's better to forget.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Until I was about 10 years old I wet my self most days.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
I wasn’t in diapers then (started in college) but I can relate to you because I moved around a lot as a child and I didn't have a core group of people that I could hang around with. I was mercelessly picked on for being new and having a lot of eccentricities that made a me cool adult. It was pure hell. I was glad (and my continence issues began at college) I made it into college where I had a core group of friends who accepted me for who I was and knew and didn't care about my issues.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
Ellyn said:
I was incontinent night time bed wetter and encomporesis, sudden urge to go #2 I knew I had to go but had 1 second to do something about it. Diapers were a regular thing, I never got out of night diapers as I am a life longed wetter. I had been abused by a nanny sexually ( I don't actually remember) but was told and physically. I was sent to the doctor for bruising evaluation and rectal tears (minor) they thought I had leukemia and did a spinal tap awake! I was traumatized from all that. I was told later about why and the Nanny though I have no recall of sexual abuse what so ever. I do remember being shamed for wetting my day diaper used for nap time and put in the corner with my pee pee soaked diaper only head, that's my only memory. As I got older, of course schools brutal and I hung out with one other kid named Ryan who was also in diapers. I to was a nerd and left to college and grad school and left all that behind. I often wonder why I am this way.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Teddy02, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I wore diapers all through grade school
I wore a lot of overalls to keep things hidden. I would change in the bathroom once a day usually around lunch. This was before pullups so getting a tape on diaper on right while standing was quite difficult for me. So usually tried to make the diaper I wore to school last all day till I got home.
Now I lucked out I was never teased at school. Probably because I was so secretive about it. I thought I was the only one on earth with this issue. Looking back there were probably kids in my school or even my class with the same issues especially in the earlier years.
Now to be fair I did get teased in school that affected my self worth.
I was the tallest in class and wore glasses so there was definitely a lot of teasing me over those facts
Unfortunately once in swimming lessons I got teased hard by a classmate after my diaper was discovered by him, he was a major bully. for some reason he tormented me and even kicked me in the testicles one time in the locker room. I told my mom and he got kicked out. Despite all that I did manage to have a couple school friends. Who to this day never knew I was sitting beside them in a diaper because of my bladder issues.
Ive managed to keep it well hidden my whole life because I know the kids who tease in school about diapers "grow up" and the teasing & bullying rarely stop when they become adults.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Rezzu, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I am shocked and so sorry to read of some of your experiences. I think the worst experience I suffered was really just embarrassment and a bit of humiliation. I wet the bed until I was 6 and at that time was the eldest of three siblings. Our nanny would change me into terry nappies and plastic pants after bath time. My younger sibling was already dry at night. So I would be up playing or watching TV before bedtime for an hour or so and be in nappies. I remember a relative visiting and commenting on me still being in nappies. I went away to boarding school aged 9 and was dry at night for a couple of years and then started wetting the bed again. It was a small all boys prep school and there were a few boys who wet the bed. We had waterproof sheets on our beds and had to report to the matron before bed when we were changed into terry nappy pants and plastic pants. I don’t remember ever being teased about it. There were also a few boys who had daytime wetting problems too and a couple who had bowel problems. I think the school was known to be very understanding of these things and it was a wonderful place with lots of outdoor activities. Moving to senior school aged 13 was much harder and I was still wetting the bed. In a dormitory of about 15 I had a waterproof sheet but nothing else and I was teased there but again was not alone. I was also quite a good rugby player so that made me a bit more popular. During the holidays back at home, I had a much younger sister and her/our nanny knew I still wet the bed and would make sure I wore a nappy and plastic pants to bed. I certainly hid my bed wetting from my parents and if our nanny was away would use a bath towel as a nappy. I think the plastic pants were Sandra or Kanga as my sisters plastic pants wouldn’t fit me then. I left my senior boarding school aged 15 and was soon dry at night until a spinal injury in my mid 20s changed all that.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
I posted on this thread earlier but #SparkyDog hit a nerve, not at all in a bad way but made me think.
I came from a very small town ‘independent school system’ in west Texas, which was (is) a very understaffed system of only a few schools (elementary, middle, and high school), all in ill-repair. Obviously this system isn’t being supported well by the state board of education coffers for some reason. Assistance with my disability was scant and most of the time it was fend for yourself.
Our family of four lived off my dad’s oil rig maintenance low tier income so there wasn’t a lot of money for extras. My mom and dad were also too proud to apply for government assistance so we lived like paupers. We did however shop at Goodwill and like charities but would never accept handouts. Disposable diapers were a ‘luxury’ and beyond funding so I wore cloth diapers for my chronic wetting, which my mom reluctantly washed and dried on clotheslines. I wore cloth diapers from the beginning, which were hard to hide under clothes but I found that dresses were best for concealing, BUT everyone knew anyway. Obviously that was the main target on my back for bullying and awful physical and emotional harassment by my peers. Our clothes were always clean and mended but most were pre-owned, somewhat worn, and older fashion so that was another target for bullying. I was tiny and highly withdrawn back then, somewhat malnourished, and very crooked teeth. Most of my classmates knew of my alcoholic father who regularly beat my mom and us kids when he was drunk, which was most of the time. Again, reasons for further torment with nowhere to hide.
I’m now still short (4’ 10-1/2”) and very slender except for my hips and top, and anything but malnourished…. I also wore braces on my teeth all through college from part time jobs that I had, thus straight and bright white. My four year degree (actually taking 5 years), private dorm rooms (due to my U-IC disability which was kept confidential), meal plan and even an allowance were fully funded by scholarships. A silver lining of being a recluse growing up was the ability to fully engage in my education. I saw that as my ticket out of that place and took full advantage of my alone time. I managed to keep my incontinence issues mostly private in college as I was able to purchase medical grade disposables throughout college. Most of the men in my life were oblivious to my condition, except for the man that would eventually become my husband. Only a few good women friends knew of my incontinence but kept it confidential.
Today, I have gravitated to cloth diapers due to comfort in the Texas heat and humidity, of which I’m out in a lot for my job, though quality disposables have become a large part of my U-IC management.

Reactions: Brumas94, Ashton84, Diprs2 and 5 others
Wow...my heart goes out to those of you who were teased mercilessly in school for your incontinence. I remember one time in junior high, I heard this one skinny kid peed his pants and he was teased about it so much that he went home for the day. Needless to say, I was much more kind toward this individual, even though he teased me sometimes. Kids can be such monsters, especially adolescents, towards each other.

I've talked about my bedwetting experiences quite a bit already on here, but long story short I wet the bed until I was 16 and I feared having friends over, because they might discover I have bedwetting issues. Same with going over to a friend's house, because I was fearful that it would lead to staying overnight, then having to figure out how to avoid wetting the bed somehow. This fear probably led to so many missed opportunities to get closer to some of the friends I had in school.

As Jean-Luc Picard once said in Star Trek: TNG: "Fear is fear: It doesn't speak in riddles" and that "Fear is the greatest destroyer and a bad teacher" I couldn't say that any better.

• Love
Reactions: Canadianfalls, Teddy02, Diprs2 and 2 others
CrossfireHurricane said:
The worst one was when
Too many stories but I have a few that were extremely horrible. But I think the worst incident was when I was in the beginning of my freshman year. I had this one guy who followed me around and saying really mean things. No one really heard the verbal abuse. A few heard it and continued to tease me. One day he got me in the hall. First he started with calling me "diaper boy" (I hated that). Then he started to physically bully me and finally pushed me up against the wall. Then he punched me in my face and yanked down my pants. The next thing I knew I was on the floor with my diaper exposed. He kept punching me until I pooped my diaper. By then I was crying. Just as he was laughing and slapping me my older brother heard the commotion.
Just as the kid saw my brother (a half higher inches and bigger) coming at him. He didn't have a chance. My brother gave him a perfect 3 one punch. Before my brother could finish the guy with the killer punch a couple of teachers grabbed him and stopped the fight (It was a blow out). They went right to the office with my brother and the guy (my brother almost got suspended after they found out what the kid had done and he actually was suspended). Me? Everyone knew or heard about it. I had messed my diaper from all the punching. And I had wet myself completely. It was humiliating and the ones that were there, they saw me crying. One of my friends tried to help me up and pulled my pants up. A few people even started to laugh but the majority didn't say anything. They were shocked and some of them were disgusted with what the guy had done. My friend took me to the nurse's office. By then I was stunned and quiet. I had nothing to say. Someone from the office came in and said he called my mom. Within a half an hour my mom came in and took me home. I finally took off my clothes and removed my diaper. I cleaned up everything and took a shower. My brother came back from school by 3:45 and my best friend came by at dinner time. He told me that my brother was a new hero in school. It kind of made me proud of him. I didn't go to school until the next week. When I finally came back nobody said anything except my friends. Even the dean's director didn't say anything about it. But the rumor spread about how I had "shit his diaper." And some of them said that "his brother beat the shit out of the guy." He wasn't back at school for a week and a half. Big deal. He should have been expelled. When he came back he was shunned more than I was. After a while some other students became way more friendly to me. In fact I didn't have any real teasing after that. Maybe a few but nothing like I had been before.

Sorry for a longer post. When I look at it, this wasn't just as carthartic. It was a reminder that trauma is real suffering damage. It wasn't helping the healing for years. It took time to ease the emotional scarring. Some of us just didn't enjoy school. That incident is one of the reasons. Now, I try to forget it and know that my partner, my family and true friends are genuinely loyal. They're eternally empathetic I'll always have that.

Reactions: LePew, Canadianfalls, Jonnythepony and 4 others
I was bullied at school because of my nappies and messing. I eventually beat the bullies, but it was deffo not a great experience at school.

Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and Canadianfalls
Back