Recommendations for a Newbie?

CurioSec

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ive just barely peaked into this whole new world. Curiosity got the better of me and ive given it a go with Depends.
While theyre comfortable and low profile, I really only wear to bed for the time being. As well, even having lurked around here for a while, trying to find answers, ive unfortunately not been able to come to any significant conclusions.

What do you think would be a good set of recommendations?

I like soft, and sound isnt super important because i only sleep with them (though more quiet ones would be preferable).
Im also looking for absorbency. Having that kind of freedom with as little a risk of leaking as possible would be very refreshing.

Any recommends for either ABDL and/or store brands would be most appreciated by someone who might just keep doing this. Something about the subtle simple feeling of security is nice.

Thank you.

Reactions: littledub1955
In my opinion, try a bunch of different trial packs until you find what you like and the right size then order big to save $.

If you go to northshore they let you order 4 unit trial packs and waive the shipping (if your order only contains trial packs). The MegaMax is a solid choice, super absorbent. It's my current favorite. If you want cute prints there are lots of choices. Rearz, ABU, etc. Many of those sites charge for shipping unless you hit a specific $ amount. Amazon has lots of 2 packs you can order from LFB, Trest and others. Just be sure to click 'gift' so you'll get discrete shipping from them.

Reactions: littledub1955
Seek out some samples of Northshore products, definitely try Betterdry (all I can recommend are medical type brands as I am not at an Adult Baby and don't/won't wear printed diapers) and if price is a concern, contact Principal Business Industries (Tranquility) as they'll send you free samples. They're superior to Depend by miles. If you need more absorbency than that, go to the Betterdy or Northshore Megamax lines. This is assuming you're in the States though I believe they're available in Canada as well.

CptKirk

Reactions: soggybottoms8882 and littledub1955
+1 for the trial pack suggestion, I know that a few sites who stock multiple brands will let you do sample packs with a variety of brands.

There is a lot of choice these days and the biggest deciding factor in what to recommend is whether you like plastic backed or cloth backed. Cloth may be softer and quieter like you asked but plastic is less prone to leaks/seepage.

Personally for someone who is so new to this world I would suggest avoiding the ABDL printed style diapers for the time being, they are a lot more expensive (Here for example ABDL prints are around £20-£24 for 10/12 while plain Tena's are £18 for 21). Sticking to the medical/plain brands will allow you to explore and try them without too much cost while you learn a bit about what is available and what you like and then when you know you are happy, go for the printed options.

I also say this partly because most of us know and have been through what's known as the "binge/purge" cycle when we started getting into this. It's basically a period where you buy loads of diapers/ABDL things and feel good with it followed by a period where you feel really bad about yourself and throw everything out and try to push the desires away, and then they come back the the cycle starts over.

It's not worth slapping down lots of cash for diapers or other things until you know you are comfortable with your choices and are not just going to purge it all.

Back to suggestions though Depends are generally considered the lowest end of the market. Northshore are good as are Betterdry, ID, Attends can be good and if you can find them in the states Tena are good too. If you do want to go printed though Tykables overnights are very nice for bed times, Rearz are all great and ABU and all should be fairly easy for you to get over there.

Reactions: littledub1955 and depta99
Belarin said:
+1 for the trial pack suggestion, I know that a few sites who stock multiple brands will let you do sample packs with a variety of brands.

There is a lot of choice these days and the biggest deciding factor in what to recommend is whether you like plastic backed or cloth backed. Cloth may be softer and quieter like you asked but plastic is less prone to leaks/seepage.

Personally for someone who is so new to this world I would suggest avoiding the ABDL printed style diapers for the time being, they are a lot more expensive (Here for example ABDL prints are around £20-£24 for 10/12 while plain Tena's are £18 for 21). Sticking to the medical/plain brands will allow you to explore and try them without too much cost while you learn a bit about what is available and what you like and then when you know you are happy, go for the printed options.

I also say this partly because most of us know and have been through what's known as the "binge/purge" cycle when we started getting into this. It's basically a period where you buy loads of diapers/ABDL things and feel good with it followed by a period where you feel really bad about yourself and throw everything out and try to push the desires away, and then they come back the the cycle starts over.

It's not worth slapping down lots of cash for diapers or other things until you know you are comfortable with your choices and are not just going to purge it all.

Back to suggestions though Depends are generally considered the lowest end of the market. Northshore are good as are Betterdry, ID, Attends can be good and if you can find them in the states Tena are good too. If you do want to go printed though Tykables overnights are very nice for bed times, Rearz are all great and ABU and all should be fairly easy for you to get over there.
Thank you so much for the tips and suggestions. I dont really care much about print, so i'll be sure to check out everything suggested.

Reactions: Belarin
Llmedico.com carries a few different brands and sells samples of them, if you’re in the US.

Back