Skin care habits for bed wetter's and other tips for life with consistent night time accidents? Please help.

ChrisChris

Would Love to Be your Friend
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Carer
So i recently started wetting the bed after having some UTI/ un-diagnoseable prostate inflammation issues and im starting to wake up with rash's. I always go to bed dry and 4/7 of the nights i wake up wet, sometimes soaked down to the sheets. Now ive never been a bed wetter and have never had to deal with this before and don't know what im doing. But i know alot of you kind people have dealt with this and more and thought i would ask what you do to keep your skin heathy?
Oh and if you know of any good ways to treat a diaper rash let me know. Im down to take in all the old advice youve scrounged up through the years regardless of what it is if it will help me. my typical night time diaper is a Northshore mega max fyi.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
A diaper that pulls in wetness is a very good start. A quality skin barrier is needed. This is what i use.
1713150767352.png

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, Remo and 3 others
My Doctor told me diaper rash is caused by a number of things. Moisture, Temperature, and Bacteria are the most common. Big Al was right about the quality diaper and barrier. MegaMax is really good, and there are plenty of others. I rarely get rashes. When I do it's usually heat rash and going bottomless or wearing a just skirt in a air conditioning works quickly. If it persists I use Boudreaux Butt Paste and rashes clear up in less than an hour.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, BigAl2 and 2 others
make sure to where a quality diaper and eat a healthy diet
foods like artichokes and asparagus can make your pee more acidic which smells !
But the only time I ever got rash was when i was dehydrated
an other tip is if you didn't wet don't reuse your diapers
at night you sweat and you may have had a dribble to small to notice in the morning.
good luck

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and ChrisChris
I usually just use some baby powder (now not talc)

But when it comes to anything else i only use when i have a rash going or alike.

I will then use desitin as a usual cure.

If i'm expecting to be in a wet diaper like going out, like this wekend i use some AD ointment or Brodoux butt paste (use AD usually) just as a percaution.

My biggest deal is that the AD will destroy the leak barriers in the diaper if you use too much as it melts or kills the glue they use on the leak guards in te diaper, so you have to be sparring in application. Then the cleanup is annoying as it take a couple washes to get it all off, which i guess is the point of it, but i dont really like the diaper to stick to me like it does with ointment so takes a couple washes to ge things all clean again. But that is just my perferance.

As a general rule though i'll just use some powder.

But i did HYP03 spray from Munchkin as a test/try it out as it says its not sticky and dries dry not greasy, will see it comes in tomorrow.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, ChrisChris and 1 other person
Ok thank you folks, ill try experimenting with a skin barrier for starters :3

I am a bedwetter. I wet heavily every night. To keep nappy rash down to a minimum I use plenty of sudocreme and thoroughly wash each morning. I try to air out once a day by sitting on a pad just in my dressing gown for an hour or so during the evening. Good thick absorbent nappies help as they few much of the wetness away from your skin.

I use TENA ProSkin Cream Rinse-Free Body Wash all the time. I avoid all rash that way.
I never don't use it.. feels weird to not use it.
I get it either are certain Walmarts or Amazon.

"Primarily used for frequent perineal skin care of incontinent individuals when changing absorbent products, can also be used for full body cleansing Helps maintain skin’s natural pH as well as helping to control odor"

I will second calmoseptine, that stuff is magic. There are cheaper generics, not as good. Walgreens has one and I think dynalife has one two. I personally found things with calamine or cloves helps a ton especially with rashes. Pinkav was another I used before calmoseptine. These all are pink, so keep that in mind for stains. Anti monkey butt has some powder the helps with itching, there is another powder that I forget the name that has zinc oxide in it that’s decent, I think the company behind Boudreaux’s cream makes it. Having a good diaper that wicks moisture away helps or frequent changes too. I found most cloth disposable ones are lacking in this department .

Another Calmoseptine recommendation here! Have not had any issues since I started using it...

i started getting a rash in the inner thigh when i tried PVC over pants. It did not happen right away, but after a few months.
Not sure if this is a skin reaction to PVC or what. I am switching to polyurethane and see if that helps along with Desitin on the red area.
Could just be coincidence, getting older, drier skin... It will take some experimenting to get to the bottom of it.

BoyLuc said:
I use TENA ProSkin Cream Rinse-Free Body Wash all the time. I avoid all rash that way.
I never don't use it.. feels weird to not use it.
I get it either are certain Walmarts or Amazon.

"Primarily used for frequent perineal skin care of incontinent individuals when changing absorbent products, can also be used for full body cleansing Helps maintain skin’s natural pH as well as helping to control odor"
thank you for the recommendation ill look into this product :3

ArchtopK said:
i started getting a rash in the inner thigh when i tried PVC over pants. It did not happen right away, but after a few months.
Not sure if this is a skin reaction to PVC or what. I am switching to polyurethane and see if that helps along with Desitin on the red area.
Could just be coincidence, getting older, drier skin... It will take some experimenting to get to the bottom of it.
i did plumbing for a short time and can understand if PVC did cause irritation.

I’ve found a light powdering on the diapered areas, except directly on the sexual organ, to work wonderfully. It works for me, but then again, I’ve only had to do so since a recent hospital stay and the antibiotics they gave me. Been 24/7 for about 4 days now, so maybe I’m not as experienced as most and could be making mistakes. I’m done with the antiobiotic infusions on Friday, so I’ll probably be out of 24/7 diapers by the end of the weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, ChrisChris and Edgewater
ChrisChris said:
So i recently started wetting the bed after having some UTI/ un-diagnoseable prostate inflammation issues and im starting to wake up with rash's. I always go to bed dry and 4/7 of the nights i wake up wet, sometimes soaked down to the sheets. Now ive never been a bed wetter and have never had to deal with this before and don't know what im doing. But i know alot of you kind people have dealt with this and more and thought i would ask what you do to keep your skin heathy?
Oh and if you know of any good ways to treat a diaper rash let me know. Im down to take in all the old advice youve scrounged up through the years regardless of what it is if it will help me. my typical night time diaper is a Northshore mega max fyi.
I use baby lotion and Destine cream on my parts

Diaper rash is one of the nightmares of being 24/7, U-IC or extended diaper wear, but it can be greatly limited!
The oddity of diaper rash is as a means of limiting it involves a fair amount of doing things opposite of what one would think!

1: Hydration is critical! Being fully hydrated reduces the strength (move from deep yellow to light colored) urine! Yes, this may increase the 'likelihood' of wetting more, but vastly reduces diaper rash!
2: Yes, use a quality diaper rash product! But, do not over use it!! Target a light coating. Over use will not get the job done any quicker, but it will cause problems with (as stated above) a breakdown of the glues used to hold your disposable diaper together! It also causes most all 'Plastic' pants to harden and crack quickly!
3: Baby Powder: Like with diaper rash products, do not over-apply! The new 'corn starch' based powder can result in a yeast infection development! Apply lightly. NOTE: A yeast infection based diaper commonly requires a Prescription based diaper rash cream!

The type of diaper you wear can reduce diaper rash:

A 'Premium' medical grade disposable diaper that includes a full front to back SAP absorbent pad to draw the urine into the diaper and has a moisture barrier that separates your skin from the urine. I continue to use North Shore MEGAMAX diaper with their Trifecta diaper cover, which is a PUL pant with a waterproof covering and wide, comfortable elastic opening covers!

Treat you skin kind by allowing it to dry-out:

Keeping your skin clean, dry and allow it to air dry helps greatly! Near everyone wants to change out of a wet diaper quickly and get into a fresh diaper and be on their way to living life! But, our skin wants /expects us to care for it properly. Fail to clean-up up after removing the diaper and you simply help the development of a run-away diaper rash. Yes, one can and should use an anti-bacteria to eliminate bacteria. But, near everyone forgets to allow the effect of air drying fully-out prior to adding a powder and/or a diaper rash product (as or when needed). Time: The longer the better!! I target twenty to thirty minutes.

Best of Luck and I hope the comments by others and these help you enjoy life with 'limited' experience of diaper rash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Wetshisbed, ChrisChris and 1 other person
ChrisChris said:
i use avino body lotion and baby powder ive never had a problem

Back