Underwear over diaper.

I'm not convinced that wearing something tight over disposable diapers is actually beneficial in terms of things like absorbency (I think there was some site or video a year ago where someone actually did an experiment to test it?), but I have worn loose/sized-up compression shorts as a kind of diaper cover when I was wearing 24/7 and going directly from work to a gym so I could change my pants in the locker room without having to go into a toilet stall or something.

Reactions: ScruffyDL and doublepadded
Goodnites are my go-to but they tend to slide down. Regular underwear helps keep them up.

Reactions: ScruffyDL and TeeMousy
Everyday I wear some sort of protection to work and it’s a must that I wear underwear over it. Somewhat for the support but the main reason is it covers any chance that the waistband should show. I do a lot of moving and bending over and I make sure my underwear are pulled all the way up with my pull up or diaper folded down. Haven’t had a slip up yet.

Reactions: TeeMousy, cantwait and chamberpot
I wear briefs over pull-ups. Sometimes for support but mostly for obscurity. For fullsize diapers it’s rare but I’ve got some upsized boxer briefs I can wear over them too.

Presently a onesie. But I do indeed wear boxer briefs over my diaper during the day. After shower is 50/50 if I cover or not for bed. And on weekends I try for only a onesie.

yeah briefs over pull ups for me, reduces the sag and contains leaks

Reactions: loveboysbriefsnpullups
Yes, if Im leaving the house or moving around a lot. Or if I wanna feel like ‘a big boy’ if I’m regressing to an older age

Reactions: knottylego
Typically I don't, I usually wear a snap-crotch vest to hold my nappy in place as I generally love a tight/snug fitting nappy hugging me :giggle:
Then I'll have my clothes over that. Tbh it's only to provide some support/snugness, I could probably go without it if necessary.

I guess my nappy *is* my underwear! 😅😁

Reactions: Lethdale
Sevenhills said:
Do you wear undies over your diaper?

I usually wear underwear over my diaper (white briefs) to help hold the diaper snug, also, when I take off my diaper in public restrooms and don't change immediately, I have underwear already on.
have split the sides of a wet diaper, taken it off, and pulled up my dry underwear to get me home with no messs.

since i live with my Mom i use boxer briefs over em and just chill in boxer & diapers without pants on or shirts sometimes just use diaper & pink short dress as its starting to get warmer but i might get brave & just walk around the place in just diapers, when I absolutely have to go outside i use boxers ovr em to try hide em better

Last edited:
I really have a soft spot for underwear with lots of frills, bows and lace. Over the top female looking... :) Luckily I have a few that are slightly larger than the ones I use normally, when not diaperded, and they are super cute when worn over the diapers and a Garywear plastic pant. In them right now.... ;) So, more for the cuteness factor than the practicality, as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeRotch
MikeRotch said:
since i live with my Mom i use boxer briefs over em and just chill in boxer & diapers without pants on or shirts sometimes just use diaper & pink short dress as its starting to get warmer but i might get brave & just walk around the place in just diapers, when I absolutely have to go outside i use boxers ovr em to try hide em better
oh & i dont use my short dress out as im not skinny enough, too tall & I'm ugly

The problem I've found with wearing my tighty whities over a diaper is that once the padding is wet, unless the diaper fits tightly against your leg, the undies will creep up into the wet padding. Then you have wet undies that can leak onto your pants, displaying a wet spot in an odd place.

oldpppants said:
The problem I've found with wearing my tighty whities over a diaper is that once the padding is wet, unless the diaper fits tightly against your leg, the undies will creep up into the wet padding. Then you have wet undies that can leak onto your pants, displaying a wet spot in an odd place.
That is why I wear padded washable in co pants

Lately I have found that women’s control panties have helped keep my diaper more snug. They have also helped smooth out the look and cut down the crinkle sounds.

I don’t have any normal underwear , that got binned 2 years ago

When I was in school I would wear underwear over my diaper. It still didn't really help. Most already knew. By the time I went to university I started wearing compression shorts. That helped. After I graduated I became a teacher. So I always wore a sport jacket. During the day it was complicated for changing. By then I started wearing a good booster. So I didn't gave to change (~8 hours). It was difficult to hide the bulk so I wore dark pants and a loose dark shirt with my sport jacket. Now I wear a nice tweed jacket (with elbow patched) with my dark pants and shirts. I think my students like and respect me. Some might suspect but they never comment.

Last edited:
Bnuuy said:
I'm not convinced that wearing something tight over disposable diapers is actually beneficial in terms of things like absorbency (I think there was some site or video a year ago where someone actually did an experiment to test it?),
I agree.

You are supposed let the diaper sag when it becomes wet. Having an underwear sort of restricts the absorbency of the diaper and therefore causes it to leak more frequently. I get it if you want to wear an underwear to prevent the diaper from sagging for discretion purposes, but ideally you want an underwear to conform to the diaper and not restrict it too much.

I've never really worn underwear over my diapers - I usually wear a baggy fit from the waist down to accommodate the diaper I'm wearing. I don't mind if my pants are dragging on the ground because I can pass them off as "streetwear".

I do during the day. I just wear regular cotton panties over my diaper. I like them because I feel like it cuts down on noise and the way I wear them, if I bend over and my waistband is showing, usually the undies will show up first. It just feels more comfortable in public for me/when I'm moving around. At night, no undies. I get way too hot!

12srepaid said:
I almost always wear boxers or underwear over my Goodnites or any other diaper.
What type of diapers do you wear other than goodnites?

Back