Names of USA Manufacturers of Adult Diapers for Night /Extended Use!

I believe Attends has a very good premium line. They are cloth backed but I memory serves me correct they absorb about the same as a Seni Quatro or Abena M4.

I believe they are called Attends Premier Briefs.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
nightfox320 said:
I believe Attends has a very good premium line. They are cloth backed but I memory serves me correct they absorb about the same as a Seni Quatro or Abena M4.

I believe they are called Attends Premier Briefs.
They are really nice, pul pants are a must with them as they tend to sweat.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
So you’re doing research now Edgewater! I’ve always suspected that you might have an advanced degree in diaperology.

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Zeke said:
So you’re doing research now Edgewater! I’ve always suspected that you might have an advanced degree in diaperology.
He's a long time member of the ADISC Institute for Advanced Padditive Studies. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke and Edgewater
Zeke said:
There are times that I feel like I do with the number of individuals I have known over the years that are contacting be regarding their newly discovered need to wear.

Reactions: Diprs2, Bigbabybret, Zeke and 1 other person
PadPhilosopher said:
Personally I like the idea that if the US Government is going to pay for products, they have to be US made.
Then the US Government should make it feasible for companies to produce in the US. They shouldn't incentivize overseas production of US based companies. If they wanted us to buy it from here, they shouldn't make it prohibitively expensive to make it here. For myself I try very hard to buy American for anything that I buy. It is ridiculously hard to do so, and it means that I make do with some very old/broken things in the household simply because I can't replace them with anything not made in China.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Bigbabybret, Edgewater and 2 others
This thread had me wondering what happened to Dry Care LLC and their machines as those diapers were made in the USA. It appears as if they went out of business as both the NY office and KY warehouse and production facility appears to have been sold off. Makes me wonder what happened or who bought the machines and if we are going to see a new USA based premium diaper in the near future. I really hope they didn’t sell the machines off to a foreign entity with a plan to produce overseas.

On a side note would be awesome if ABU purchased the machines. If memory serves me correctly they had been looking into establishing production here in the USA.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
PadPhilosopher said:
"Free countries" is somewhat open to interpretation, but I understand your meaning.

There are Asian countries that like us, too, and are also relatively free. India, for example, who is that and also is a US ally. Japan, also. Taiwan is relatively free, and a great little country with which we've had an unofficial alliance for much of its existence. Thailand and the Philippines don't have great governments, but they're far preferable to China. Many US businesses are looking to these nations now, as well as Singapore, Mexico, and some of Latin America, to get away from China. There are many good options, all of which are arguably better than China, morally.

Unfortunately, China cleverly postured themselves to be the low cost manufacturer of (economic) choice, with excellent infrastructure and facilities, and much of the world took the bait and gave them an economic stranglehold on manufacturing. In some ways, efforts to break that stranglehold are too little, too late, but anything is better than nothing, and I support it.
They have a never ending supply of near slave labour which they have utilised for years.
Unfortunately, in our (the West) desire for cheap goods, we have contributed to our own manufacturing decline and industrial sovereignty.

Reactions: Diprs2, CptKirk, Edgewater and 1 other person
Llayden said:
I believe that NorthShore is working hard to shutdown their China manufacturing and moving it elsewhere, not sure if it will be the states though. I really hope they do, I hate that America doesn't seem to produce much of anything anymore. Nothing in the way of household goods anyway.
All hail globalisation! Brings nothing but advatages. Wait...

Cheers

Reactions: Diprs2, Lethdale, Edgewater and 1 other person
Yes, the cheap labor overseas has made things go there to be cheap and seems that since i've been born the general population has switched to buying cheap stuff over things that last.

I myself purchase differently, I dont look at price til literally the end of the buying process if at all possible.

#1 I have a need or want.
#2 I find the best products that will do the job, in order of what will work BEST and LAST.
#3 I decide on the product based on the need and length of need and/or if it can do multiple things.
#4 I get to the price.
#5 I Justify (to myself) the cost vs the want/need

If the cost is too much do i need it?
or
If the need is temp or long term?

Only time i goto cheap is if the item is going to be used temp or short term, aka disposable thing.

I own good tools, Like Miller welder, Smith torches, Crestron for lighting, Samsung(glass tvs as think the last), and starett, Wiha hand tools, Square D QO breakers, Apple, etc...

Yes, some things these days i cant even get high quality things, like i'd like a top quality pressure switch for the well, I get square D, but they arent that good anymore. Also certain things like tools are from places like Germany as better IMHO.

But, yes all the china cheap crap sucks!!!

Does anyone rememebr when old man Sam Walton was still in charge at walmart, he wwas ALL for US made stuff, and single handed keep some US businesses in the US, until the kids took over and then the USA branding and thoes US based places making the stuff for walmart all went to mexico and/or china withint a year. I personally helped close a few places (Security(computer/catv/systems/networks) as i did a lot of opening and closing for multi national companies.

But, we ALL have t vote with out wallets, my current wallet used NorthShore (least a US based company) for my diapers, and if there is a full USA based company and made in the USA i may switch if the product is good quality.
I prefer quality over cheap price and i'm not wealthy and really just get disability now so not like i have money to waste. But i'm willing to spend a bit more for a us made thing and even more for a quality product.

Where we need to be careful IMHO is if Chine was to start making TOP NOTCH products at cheap prices, then there is not a real way to bring the mfg of that product back here.
Very few people (me included) will spend more for an inferior or lesser quality product. If china made a relatively perfect product with little to no issues at a price cheaper than anywhere else, that will be impossible (without massive terriffs and govt involvement) to compete against. Right now we still have the ability to make a better product period, once that goes there is little options left to bring it back stateside.
You can compete on price or quality, right now china for most things has the price advantage, lets use the ability to make a quality product to bring things back here.

Back on topic, i'd love to hear if NorthShore is looking at US based mfg...

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, tndyperboy and PadPhilosopher
Bigbabybret said:
Yes, the cheap labor overseas has made things go there to be cheap and seems that since i've been born the general population has switched to buying cheap stuff over things that last.

I myself purchase differently, I dont look at price til literally the end of the buying process if at all possible.

#1 I have a need or want.
#2 I find the best products that will do the job, in order of what will work BEST and LAST.
#3 I decide on the product based on the need and length of need and/or if it can do multiple things.
#4 I get to the price.
#5 I Justify (to myself) the cost vs the want/need

If the cost is too much do i need it?
or
If the need is temp or long term?

Only time i goto cheap is if the item is going to be used temp or short term, aka disposable thing.

I own good tools, Like Miller welder, Smith torches, Crestron for lighting, Samsung(glass tvs as think the last), and starett, Wiha hand tools, Square D QO breakers, Apple, etc...

Yes, some things these days i cant even get high quality things, like i'd like a top quality pressure switch for the well, I get square D, but they arent that good anymore. Also certain things like tools are from places like Germany as better IMHO.

But, yes all the china cheap crap sucks!!!

Does anyone rememebr when old man Sam Walton was still in charge at walmart, he wwas ALL for US made stuff, and single handed keep some US businesses in the US, until the kids took over and then the USA branding and thoes US based places making the stuff for walmart all went to mexico and/or china withint a year. I personally helped close a few places (Security(computer/catv/systems/networks) as i did a lot of opening and closing for multi national companies.

But, we ALL have t vote with out wallets, my current wallet used NorthShore (least a US based company) for my diapers, and if there is a full USA based company and made in the USA i may switch if the product is good quality.
I prefer quality over cheap price and i'm not wealthy and really just get disability now so not like i have money to waste. But i'm willing to spend a bit more for a us made thing and even more for a quality product.

Where we need to be careful IMHO is if Chine was to start making TOP NOTCH products at cheap prices, then there is not a real way to bring the mfg of that product back here.
Very few people (me included) will spend more for an inferior or lesser quality product. If china made a relatively perfect product with little to no issues at a price cheaper than anywhere else, that will be impossible (without massive terriffs and govt involvement) to compete against. Right now we still have the ability to make a better product period, once that goes there is little options left to bring it back stateside.
You can compete on price or quality, right now china for most things has the price advantage, lets use the ability to make a quality product to bring things back here.

Back on topic, i'd love to hear if NorthShore is looking at US based mfg...
Yes, North shore is already doing US manufacturing. They were in testing on a US made MagaMax when I spoke with Adam in December or January.

I have been using the US made Tranquility products from the wonderful people at LL Medico. I fully agree, vote with dollars!

Reactions: Diprs2, CptKirk, nightfox320 and 1 other person
PadPhilosopher said:
Yes, North shore is already doing US manufacturing. They were in testing on a US made MagaMax when I spoke with Adam in December or January.

I have been using the US made Tranquility products from the wonderful people at LL Medico. I fully agree, vote with dollars!
Yes great!!!!!!!

I've heard rumors but havent talked to them about it, and going USA made megamax will be the best!!!

USA made, Great Products, Great service, Great Quick Shipping, I've actually never had an issue there in all the years i've been ordering from them.

Only odd issue was I wanted to buy a whole bunch or samples.
Didnt ask price at all.

Want them in adult and child sizes, to be on hand here at my studio, I am IC, but also have artists bring the family with and having diapers here is a must as i'm out in the country.
So, also used to with the EX's kids, would host home schooled kids all the time for music related things, even learning studio work, and also mechanical and machining. Some have kids that are special needs, so i'd run into the need to have some spares here for all the above.

I feel bad using the samples they send with on orders for clients at a business (Both a Farm and Studio here) seems that i'm shortig them from income in some way. So, i'd prefer to pay for samples from them, like one/two/four of every product that they have.

Anyhow, this was a long time ago, but they wouldnt do it, as they just never got a request like that i think.

I do still keep thier samples in the studio and main floor guest baths for people to use. I have everything from general makeup products, feminine products, diapers, toothbrushes toothpaste, mouthwash, soaps, etc all in stock here in the Baths for clients or guests here. I mean if somone needed say a tampon, it would be 1/2hr to goto the local expensive store to get them, and if you needed it later at night, good luck, even walmart (1hr trip) closes at night. I go through that stuff and make a trip to get the small samples and alike in the walmart or alike about once a month prior to 2020, been on hiatus from recording mostly since then still recovering to get back to being able to do studio work yet.

But, outside a really wierd request (which they did respond to and said just use the samples you get) every other request has been done and even the one they didnt "fill" they still responded to and said to just use the samples i have...

Yes, i treat my guests and my clients (which are still guests) the best i possibly can, nothing here is off-limits, i let people play my personal guitars and also use my equipment, pick apples, have walking trails on the property and even if family that is along need to rest places to lay down and sleep, games for the kids, and a full lounge for the studio, even an inside smoking lounge as smoking in the studio is NOT allowed, and if it's a longer session usually have a cook that comes in for food as well. IMHO Nothing should stop the recording of the music if possible, even keep spare strings, srum sticks, full drum sets, keyboards, guitsrs, amps, mics, all spare just in case its needed...

Ayhow, back on topic....Sorry for the asside...

North shore has been great, and its awsome to know they are working towards US made.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
Back