Where to buy cloth diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromaniac

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Hello, I am looking for reusable/cloth diapers, can be any style. Hopefully they can be somewhat absorbent but I know they don't have too much of a capacity.

Reactions: littledub1955 and Cottontail
I recommend EcoAble! They have really great modern cloth pocket diapers, fitted diapers, and PUL diaper covers. Their discontinued styles (still on sale) have some cute prints if you're into those. The newer items from them are more adult and subdued.

Some of their diapers come as kits with absorbent inserts included, but you can always get more elsewhere. I personally like using adult prefolds from Rearz.

I buy mine from Amazon. I get the Leakmaster night weight and they work well.

I always bought a bunch of cloth and cut them to size. You can add or subtract as needed. I haven't had to wear them in quite some time but when I was broke, they were a lifesaver.

I have a bunch from babykins they have been good

Reactions: littledub1955
I got my diaper cover from Amazon

I’m a big fan of Rearz prefolds, pull-on covers, and wraps. There are lots of good options though. Prefolds are, functionally, hard to beat, but they’re also bulky. Wearing them out of the house requires some bravery. The fitted types (contours, all-in-ones, pockets, pull-ups) are a lot more discreet. In the end, if you find yourself liking cloth, you’ll probably end up with a variety of diapers suited to different situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: joemama and TenaciousDL
Adult Cloth Diaper. ACD. They make a flat diaper they call Purity. They sell them in 2 and 4 cloth layers. They are good ol fashioned flat diapers. I love em. I use the 4 layer night time ones. I also buy the largest size they make. I love the way the bunch up and get nice and bulky. The bigger, the more absorbent. I use two at night time and they are fantastic. I look like a toddler that just got out of his crib with his big FAT (wet) diaper butt. The best part is they are the least expensive adult diaper on the market. Oh, and a discount if you buy more.
...stay padded my friends......

Reactions: ogdlv
Pyromaniac said:
Hello, I am looking for reusable/cloth diapers, can be any style. Hopefully they can be somewhat absorbent but I know they don't have too much of a capacity.
I'm not sure where you got the idea that cloth diapers don't have much capacity! I'd stack my Rearz prefolds and covers up against the thinner Northshore offerings and diapers like BetterDry.

I have a ton of Snap-EZ AIOs and pocket diapers. True, the capacity of these is somewhat limited - I can generally wear one for an hour or so before I have to change or it leaks - but these are discreet alternatives to disposables. More traditional cloth diapers, like those you can buy from ACD or Rearz, will take whatever you dish out for several hours. I can make a Rearz adult prefold and cover last most of the morning.

Many of the folks here enjoy wearing a quart of urine between their legs; I don't. Unless I go crazy with the sodas or iced tea, however, any cloth diaper I have will handle at least one heavy wetting. Just the fact that I don't have to throw it away and start all over makes the capacity compromise worthwhile for me ... but I'm seldom in a position where I need the half-gallon capacity of an ABDL disposable.

I've been wearing Rearz Night-time cloth diapers for several years. They are very comfortable and highly absorbent.

...I have about 30 AdultClothDiaperCo medium prefold diapers in daytime, nighttime, birdseye & gauze. They are over 8yrs old and still in great shape. Cloth diapers can last years & years with proper care & washing. I know a few people that spend $250-$400 a month on disposables. Yeah, the cloth ones will cost around $30 each, but they'll last for decades. One thing nice about the prefolds vs the large flats is there of course is no folding. I can put mine on almost as fast as putting regular underwear on now since I've been doing it for many years.

Reactions: sbmccue
Just curious for those who are wearing cloth diapers, does yours smell after like 30mins to an hour after wetting? I mean mine does have this ammonia smell that’s coming off from me when wet but not sure if it’s normal though.

I’ve used ACD for years, day and night, over much of my life, I change every 3-4 hours during the day for comfort and can go all night without a change.
I have -many- cloth diapers, of varying ages and use the newest (thickest) ones at night and the older (thinner) ones during the daytime. They do last for several years with proper care and cycling, though I have to buy a few new ones every year because I wear cloth 95% of the time and they do wear out eventually.
I usually wear cloth diapers under looser fitting dresses, never solid color, with a control brief of some sort. That combination works well for me, though there are times when cloth is inappropriate, so disposables fill that need.

I have the Purity 44*44 Flat Fold Cloth Diapers from AdultClothDiaper.com they are pretty darn good I also have the PUL Shells from ecoable and the combination works very well for me.

Sure cloth diapers can't take as much as disposable but they are reusable as many times as you want.
Going through nursing school they were awesome as I had to buy only once & be done. Expensive but worth it.

jackyyyyt said:
Just curious for those who are wearing cloth diapers, does yours smell after like 30mins to an hour after wetting? I mean mine does have this ammonia smell that’s coming off from me when wet but not sure if it’s normal though.
seems like you are not washing them properly or you have really strong urine.

Steps to wash cloth Diapers.
1. Cold wash little to no detergent for 60 min with extra water setting if you have it Pods Setting does it for me.
2. Hot wash with detergent for about 80 min with vinegar in the bleach container Max Spin
3. Dry on low until dry.

If you are still having ammonia smell then step 1.with vinegar in the detergent container 200 mL. or about 1/2 cup. Then steps 2.&3.after.

Last edited:
sbmccue said:
I'm not sure where you got the idea that cloth diapers don't have much capacity! I'd stack my Rearz prefolds and covers up against the thinner Northshore offerings and diapers like BetterDry.

I have a ton of Snap-EZ AIOs and pocket diapers. True, the capacity of these is somewhat limited - I can generally wear one for an hour or so before I have to change or it leaks - but these are discreet alternatives to disposables. More traditional cloth diapers, like those you can buy from ACD or Rearz, will take whatever you dish out for several hours. I can make a Rearz adult prefold and cover last most of the morning.

Many of the folks here enjoy wearing a quart of urine between their legs; I don't. Unless I go crazy with the sodas or iced tea, however, any cloth diaper I have will handle at least one heavy wetting. Just the fact that I don't have to throw it away and start all over makes the capacity compromise worthwhile for me ... but I'm seldom in a position where I need the half-gallon capacity of an ABDL disposable.
I think it’s just other abdl media or even just diaper media in general that tells me this

I can't stand nasty smelling diapers. What's worked for me is, when I take off my wet diaper I rinse them while I shower. If I'm just changing I set the wet ones aide to rinse when I do shower. Then, against the warnings I add three tablespoons of bleach to the wash. I make sure the bleach is well mixed with the bleach or it will burn hoes in the diaper.
Any laundry detergent works fine. So I use the cheap dry detergent to keep the cost down. I'd love to dry my diapers, but I too scared to put them out on the wash line. 🤣 I find I enjoy washing and folding my diapers so its just another fun facet of my abdl life.

ryansa09 said:
seems like you are not washing them properly or you have really strong urine.

Steps to wash cloth Diapers.
1. Cold wash little to no detergent for 60 min with extra water setting if you have it Pods Setting does it for me.
2. Hot wash with detergent for about 80 min with vinegar in the bleach container Max Spin
3. Dry on low until dry.

If you are still having ammonia smell then step 1.with vinegar in the detergent container 200 mL. or about 1/2 cup. Then steps 2.&3.after.
Hmm… Does humidity plays a part as well? I do hand rinse my inserts multiple times upon reaching home/when it’s used. And I usually wash them with about 30-40 degrees Celsius and put them in the dryer with low settings till dry. They smell fresh when it’s out from the dryer but just don’t understand why it’ll start to stink within an hour after it’s wet. I live in Singapore where it’s hot and humid all the time though if that helps.

Last edited:
@jackyyyyt Do you perhaps have hard water? When you're transferring your cloth diapers from the washer to the dryer, do they smell completely clean, or is there still an unpleasant odor? Hard water is a really common culprit when cloth diapers aren't getting completely clean. The minerals in the water cling to fabric, and in the case of diapers, trap bacteria and chemicals that cause odors. When you later wet those diapers, you reactivate that nastiness and the diapers immediately smell really bad!

I have hard water, and have found it essential to presoak my diapers (use a wet pail) and also add a hard water treatment to my washes. For both purposes, I generally use borax, although I've also had good results with Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda. I'm not sure what products are available in Singapore, but I'm sure there are similar things there.

CosyNDry will make fitted cloth nappies to size.
Better than squares IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back