Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
  6. Other
I’m AFAB - assigned female at birth (I have a vagina). I identify as male.

Medical words being used. Wasn’t sure if here or incontinent forum was better.

I’m having issues that when I wet I like ends up burning the inside of my labia. It will end up feeling like I’m being stabbed by glass. I also get a burn feeling just above my clitoris where the hair starts.
I think my issue is 1) my urine is very acidic and I know this as it causes my bladder issues 2) the urine can get trapped between my outer labia. I’m bigger so everything is kind of squashed.

Any ideas on how to keep this happening. I love wearing and sometimes it’s necessary. I just can’t stand the constant pain…

Little more context - I currently use disposable. My vagina is sensitive I will even break out from toilet paper if it’s not the correct brand. I will only stay in a wet diaper for maybe 30 mins or tell I am able to change.

idk what half those words mean, but I do know a lot to do with weird urinaton/defecation usually comes down to your diet, honestly we aint doctors, so your best bet is to talk to an actual doctor, cause there could be a problem that needs to be addressed

• Haha
Reactions: Prillprillprill
Ok so there may be some cause for concern here and it could very well be worth talking to your doctor.

Does this same sensation and burning feeling happen when you are not wearing nappies? if so it could be an indication of an infection and you should definitely consult a doctor.

If it is only while wearing nappies then there could be a large number of possibilities to why and also options to help prevent it.

I am not a medial professional so I can't really advise there but I do have a lot of experience both personal and caring for others in nappies so here are some potential possibilities.

First of how long are you wearing wet ones? if you are wearing for longer periods and going from one nappy to another the skin could be getting sore/damaged even with no visible rash so that even right as you are wetting it hurts.

Is there any redness/spots? this could indicate a nappy rash which can be treated and if recurring usually means you need to change more often and clean more thoroughly.

On that topic this may sound patronising but make sure you are properly cleaning and drying the area, many people don't think much about washing and just wipe around with a wet soapy flannel once or twice a day. you need to make sure all the soap is properly rinsed off as it can linger you also need to make sure (especially as you say you are a bigger person) that you get into all the little creases/crevasses and folds of skin.

Also generally for larger people you may need to wash or at least rinse/wet wipe around more often as any sweat or moisture can build up through the day and cause problems. Baby powder can also help drying and reduce moisture but make sure to only use the smallest possible amount needed to dry the area or that builds up and irritates too.

Do you shave down there? if shaving regularly you may be causing micro cuts/abrasions or razor burn especially for the area above the clit, these may not be visible or even cause any bleeding and urine could be causing pain from that, in this case changing the type of razor/creams etc. you use might help.

How well hydrated are you? knowing that the average person should drink around 12 to 16 cups or 2.7-3.7 litres per day and also over the course of the day not in large bulks all at once, this should probably be increased for larger or heavier people as more fluids are needed to maintain the body. It could simply be that you are not drinking enough or often enough so urine is becoming concentrated.

You may also want to explore the foods you are eating, while this will affect stool more than urine it does affect both, if you know your urine is acidic try to eat more foods that will balance that out a bit.

Second to that is if you are at all AB do you use a paci or suck your thumb/other objects a lot, pacis and thumb sucking cause the mouth to generate more saliva which like anything else has to go through the guts and is acidic by it's nature so reducing the amount you do this can reduce acidity a little.

Do you have drier or flaky skin? if so using a moisturiser may be of some help though maybe not by much.

As with contact dermatitis Skin problems can be caused by combinations of substances that separately you are fine with, i.e. you might be just fine using a certain hand soap and getting a cleaning fluid on your hands separately but if there is soap on you hands when the cleaner touches them it causes problems. In this case using a different soap or bodywash etc. to clean yourself down there might help as the one you have may be reacting to urine.

In the same lines some people (and especially so with babies) have problems using certain brands of nappies or wet wipes. some babies can't wear pampers without regular skin problems but are fine in a store brand for instance. Changing the brands you use and trying something different may help. If you can have reactions to toilet paper then it is quite possible that this may be a cause though you would probably be seeing it more on external areas of the skin than inside the labia for nappies, the wet wipes you use to clean yourself with would be reaching those areas.

A simple way to test if it's the wipes would be to buy "dry wipes" like these, you can use them with just a little bit of water at first and then try with your preferred soap if it seems to help. They do not contain any chemicals, cleaning agents, soaps or scents that could be causing a problem.

Another potential solution or support option may be applying a good barrier cream (make sure it is a barrier cream not a rash healing cream) around the labia and other areas, this prevents urine contacting those parts and may help.

I would still recommend consulting a professional doctor if this persists though as it could be a symptom of something that requires other treatment.

Reactions: dbot99 and TigerDL
If you suspect your urine is acidic, you might want to consider drinking more water to dilute it. Asking the doctor is of course always the best option, but drinking more water is typically recommended anyways as a general rule.

Reactions: diaperdude
You should probably get your urine checked. This sound like it might be a urinary track infection or something. It’s best to discuss these kinds of things with a doctor. Even though we want to help you the vast majority of us aren’t medical experts.

Adding to the pile: this sounds like something you need to discuss with your doctor. You don't have to mention that you wear. Just say that the skin burns on your mons pubis and that it happens to your labia as well. That kind of burning sensation isn't normal and likely means something is wrong, especially the labial burning since the skin there is normally able to handle urine contact without issue. The pubis burning could just be sensitive skin caused by shaving or urine contact but given the labial burning I think something else is up.

You've got this!

Reactions: TigerDL
I guess I didn’t make sure it was clear in my post. I am working with a doctor about the acidic pee. We have tried lots of things and the main one is diet but even with that it’s still just acid coming out.

This doesn’t really happen when I’m not wearing a nappy.

It’s not an infection as I’ve had it checked out before hand.

Reactions: TigerDL
I definitely second shaving and using a barrier cream if you don’t already, as some also with acidic pee it helps a lot

Reactions: RaawrrrPincess
I agree...shaving, barrier cream and I use cornstarch as well. I'm on the heavier side and things do get squished in the downstairs diaper department. Sometimes I need to change positions after going to make sure trapped urine comes out. Make sure your diapers have good moisture wicking. Sometimes acidic urine can make things itchy, medicated powder is awesome and helps with swampy diaper. I also have stopped using wipes, I use luke warm wash cloth and gentle soap or baby wash.
I'm not also not a Dr. but I have been in the medical field since 2007.

Last edited:
RukTheKansasDiaperLover said:
I guess I didn’t make sure it was clear in my post. I am working with a doctor about the acidic pee. We have tried lots of things and the main one is diet but even with that it’s still just acid coming out.

This doesn’t really happen when I’m not wearing a nappy.

It’s not an infection as I’ve had it checked out before hand.
Probably should have asked. Are you using some kind of barrier cream? Especially given the circumstances that seems like a good first step. And good to know you're getting professional help for the source of the issue even if there's no good solution.

unnamed said:
Probably should have asked. Are you using some kind of barrier cream? Especially given the circumstances that seems like a good first step. And good to know you're getting professional help for the source of the issue even if there's no good solution.
I haven’t used one. I’m not sure if you can put that between the labia. The last few days it hasn’t been happening. So not sure what’s going on.. I have an appointment with my urologist coming up so maybe he can try some more tests or something

I haven’t used one. I’m not sure if you can put that between the labia. The last few days it hasn’t been happening. So not sure what’s going on.. I have an appointment with my urologist coming up so maybe he can try some more tests or something
I'm AMAB so feel free to correct me, but as long as you're not putting anything in the canal and it's a very benign substance (petrolium jelly comes to mind), i believe it's okay in small amounts? Obviously use your own judgement though.

You need to see a medical professional rather than asking the internet and more than likely you also have a reddit post about it. Burning means your body is telling you something is seriously wrong, possibly a UTI, damaged skin, an object stuck inside, or maybe the elements in the urine. Does it burn if you put plain water on it?

kraken98 said:
You need to see a medical professional rather than asking the internet and more than likely you also have a reddit post about it. Burning means your body is telling you something is seriously wrong, possibly a UTI, damaged skin, an object stuck inside, or maybe the elements in the urine. Does it burn if you put plain water on it?
Uh... You need to read the rest of the thread. All these things were already answered.

Reactions: RukTheKansasDiaperLover
kraken98 said:
A Reddit post? No and I don’t like being accused. Also yes the rest of your post has been answered in this thread by me.

unnamed said:
I'm AMAB so feel free to correct me, but as long as you're not putting anything in the canal and it's a very benign substance (petrolium jelly comes to mind), i believe it's okay in small amounts? Obviously use your own judgement though.
Yeah it wouldn’t be going inside so it may be okay. I may bring it up to the doc before I try and do it.

Barrier and rash creams are fine to spread between the labia, in younger babies with a more severe/deeper rash it is recommended to spread the Labia Majorus and spread around, as long as you are not putting it inside the vagina there is no problem.

What you do want to make sure though is that you are not putting it on too thick, you only really need a thin layer and massage it around any external areas, and then when changing make sure to clean it all off properly before applying more

*edit*
Should mention although I am AMAB I have worked in early years and regularly had to deal with rashes and such creams.

Last edited:
Belarin said:
barrier and rash creams are fine to spread between the labia, in younger babies with a more severe/deeper rash it is recommended to spread the Labia Majorus and spread around, as long as you are not putting it inside the vagina there is no problem.

What you do want to make sure though is that you are not putting it on too thick, you only really need a thin layer and massage it around any external area.
Okay that’s good to know thank you

whydoihavetomakeanaccount said:
idk what half those words mean, but I do know a lot to do with weird urinaton/defecation usually comes down to your diet, honestly we aint doctors, so your best bet is to talk to an actual doctor, cause there could be a problem that needs to be addressed
I brushed past this the first time I saw it but I understand what you were saying now. These are all terms of female sexual anatomy. Even if you have male sexual anatomy, I highly recommend you learn them both because it's just good know and because understanding the anatomy will more than likely be important some time in your life.

Reactions: PaddedCub and RukTheKansasDiaperLover
I’m AFAB - assigned female at birth (I have a vagina). I identify as male.

Medical words being used. Wasn’t sure if here or incontinent forum was better.

I’m having issues that when I wet I like ends up burning the inside of my labia. It will end up feeling like I’m being stabbed by glass. I also get a burn feeling just above my clitoris where the hair starts.
I think my issue is 1) my urine is very acidic and I know this as it causes my bladder issues 2) the urine can get trapped between my outer labia. I’m bigger so everything is kind of squashed.

Any ideas on how to keep this happening. I love wearing and sometimes it’s necessary. I just can’t stand the constant pain…

Little more context - I currently use disposable. My vagina is sensitive I will even break out from toilet paper if it’s not the correct brand. I will only stay in a wet diaper for maybe 30 mins or tell I am able to change.
Drink plenty of water and maybe see a gyno for the burning. That doesn't sound normal. A barrier cream may also help stay in diapers longer.

Back