How to hide/mask/excuse ABU scent

TigerDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just ordered some scented PowerUps Euro from ABU and wow do they smell great! But it's also quite strong, I was even able to smell it out of a tear in the corner of the box before I opened it. How do people hide or mask or explain away this scent that lingers in the room?

Is there any method of storage that can reduce the scent leakage? Do you use an air-tight container or bag or something?

How long does the smell linger usually?

Or if someone is over and smells it, what are alternate explanations/excuses you can use? What other non-ABDL/diaper reasons could there be for this kind of smell?

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover
As diaper related smells go, this is not the worst thing to have to explain.

And the best part is, you don't have to explain anything. People wear perfumes, deodorants, powders, and other fun scents so I just wouldn't let it bother you.

If it does bother you then the simple solution would be not to wear anything with a strong scent.

Reactions: Woncrinklz and BigAl2
"Oh, it's just some cleaning supply/deodorant/candle/perfume," and etc. :)

Lots of folks seem to be really self conscious about the baby smell or how noticeable things are and like
I guarantee that "diaper" is the last thing on anyone's mind lmao

Reactions: Woncrinklz, VeiledDevotee, BigAl2 and 1 other person
I use baby power. No one ever said anything.

Reactions: VeiledDevotee
Hell the smell is great. Mine have the scent strips as well. We actually bought some baby powder scented candles that are amazing off of Amazon. Wife loves em and everyone who has come over compliments the fresh clean smell. And friends have even bought the candle as well that are not abdl (to my knowledge). Hope this helps.

Reactions: TigerDL, Woncrinklz, VeiledDevotee and 1 other person
Harut said:
Hell the smell is great. Mine have the scent strips as well. We actually bought some baby powder scented candles that are amazing off of Amazon. Wife loves em and everyone who has come over compliments the fresh clean smell. And friends have even bought the candle as well that are not abdl (to my knowledge). Hope this helps.
Can I link so get some 🕯

Diapers for the most part in recent years have hardly any babyish small at all . I go down diaper aisles and its nothing like the old days when there was such a strong scent.. So probably a lot of people these days may not even really associate the scent with diapers. Another ABDL out there probably would though.

Reactions: TigerDL and Woncrinklz
MikeDJ said:
Diapers for the most part in recent years have hardly any babyish small at all . I go down diaper aisles and its nothing like the old days when there was such a strong scent.. So probably a lot of people these days may not even really associate the scent with diapers. Another ABDL out there probably would though.
Maybe that's a good thing with your last comment: "Another ABDL out there probably would though." True.
Or they'd hesitate... being flummoxed, while stirred subconsciously by the scent, and think to themselves, "Did I forget something? Did I bring my keys? I swear I think I have something else I have to do...(they pat their butt cheek for their wallet."😄🤪

One of the most popular washing softeners here has a 'Zwitsal' scent which is pretty much synonymous with the 'baby smell'.
Wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: TigerDL
Lostdiapersboy said:
Can I link so get some 🕯
It won’t let me add the link but look on Amazon for lulu candles and the scent is baby powder.

Hugged a friend once while wearing a scented diaper. He told me I smelled nice. I said thanks. That was that. Can easily be written off as fabric softener, deodorant, etc.

Reactions: TigerDL
Back