Has anyone had the chance to wear Pampers size 8?

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone got their hands on Pampers size 8 and being able to wear them? Pampers have always been smaller in the US. I've seen videos on YouTube of vintage Pampers from Germany coming in sizes up to 30 kg or 66.1 lbs. Those are huge by todays sizes.

Reactions: Growler0128
I'm in the UK and I wear Pampers baby dry size 8 at home most days before and after work, they just fit and hold a surprising amount, great swelling too

I want to! I tried finding them while on holiday in a London last year but was unable to locate them. The biggest size I found was Pampers Baby Dry size 7.

I bought a pack of size 8 from Tesco (UK) earlier this year, they fit fine with a bit of pre-stretch (I’m 30” waist).

However I’ve heard they have changed the design recently and no longer have stretchy tabs. Thankfully I still have 5 or so left as I don’t use them that often.

[edit]
Oh forgot to mention, correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought size 7 US is roughly equivalent to size 8 UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: XLolixLolitax
LuvsandPampers said:
Has anyone got their hands on Pampers size 8 and being able to wear them? Pampers have always been smaller in the US. I've seen videos on YouTube of vintage Pampers from Germany coming in sizes up to 30 kg or 66.1 lbs. Those are huge by todays sizes.
They don't have those here in the United States. I haven't worn Pampers in years and the ones I wore till age 7 were way bigger than the ones today.

Dlkt said:
I'm in the UK and I wear Pampers baby dry size 8 at home most days before and after work, they just fit and hold a surprising amount, great swelling too
would someone who's 6'0ft and weights 150pounds be able too wear Pampers sz 8

LuvsandPampers said:
Yes, I ordered some from Ebay back in like January. They're great. Bigger than size 7, but nowhere near those vintage ones in the German video. My measurements put them like an inch taller and half an inch wider wing stretch compared to the 7. They fill really nicely, I've actually never had one leak - ever! Just super thirsty. For the record I have to use extenders to fit them, so as a ~180lb 6'2" male, they have to be modified.
They do have some downsides. The landing zone is prone to moving as the diaper gets heavier, so they're not great for longer wears. They don't smell as good as North American Baby Dry or Cruisers. And they're super expensive to ship right now...

I believe the Pampers scam: When originally released in the UK Pampers 7 were quite big, I've small hips for a male who's nearly 30 but I may have done a bit of filling out since 2016 / 17 and in my memory that's when Size 7s first appeared.
I could just about wear Size 7s in 2016 / 17 but - as I said I believe the marketing scam - Pampers 8 should be really big but Pampers 7 are now apparently as big as Size 6s.
Do your own digging on this.
-
GISW

I bought the Pampers size 8 twice, once last year (old version with baby print) and once at the end of June (new version with safari print, which was already available since March).

They fit well (I have a 32 inch hip size and a 25 inch waist size).

GO3SBOTHWAY5 said:
I believe the Pampers scam: When originally released in the UK Pampers 7 were quite big, I've small hips for a male who's nearly 30 but I may have done a bit of filling out since 2016 / 17 and in my memory that's when Size 7s first appeared.
I could just about wear Size 7s in 2016 / 17 but - as I said I believe the marketing scam - Pampers 8 should be really big but Pampers 7 are now apparently as big as Size 6s.
Do your own digging on this.
-
GISW

I did some digging, nothing on google for “pampers scam”, but there is this post from 2017:

What is the pampers scam? I’d say that it’s more to do with minimising material and maximising profit, so they continually value engineer their products which means they reduce in size over time (shrinkflation?).

littledreamers333 said:
would someone who's 6'0ft and weights 150pounds be able too wear Pampers sz 8
Yea with double tab method

They seem to be closer to what size 7 should be. Larger than most older baby diapers, but nowhere near what the size 8 should be, if following the scale from newborn to size 8. They are not for intended for school aged kids, but seem to be mostly suitable for overweight late potty training 3-5 year olds. Sure, plenty of 5-10 year olds will be able to fit into them, but that doesn't seem to be the intended market, except indirectly.

Ultimately, they are just larger baby diapers. Unlike the cuties boundless size 8, these aren't a true size 8 intended for special needs older kids. Good to see them on the market, and I'm sure plenty of families will benefit from their being available, but it feels like these are very similar to Huggies finally introducing size 7 products for the first time.

They seem to know that there are plenty of older kids which might need protection and would be loyal customers, but rather than just coming out and saying, yes these are for older kids, and here they are in proper elementary school aged sizes, they are offering a just barley large enough version to capture some of that market, without jeopardizing their image as a baby product company.

Honestly, I appreciate that this is progress, but it is a slap in the face to so many families in need of real products for older kids. PG and KC are saying, it really isn't ok to wear diapers unless you are a baby, but here is a baby diaper which might just suit the needs of your special needs older kid. Feel shame buying them because they are supposed to be for babies, but give us your money because at least we are offering something close enough.

There really isn't a mass market product for older kids with special needs. A few adult diaper companies offer xs or youth sized versions of their adult diapers, and now baby diaper companies are inching up to those older kid sizes, but most special needs families really are stuck using goodnites or other bedwetting products for full time incontinent kids. Bedwetting pull ups are not designed for these kids, and it is wrong and sad that they are the only viable option for so many families.

We have made real progress on getting good products for those that need them, but we still have a long way to go before our culture and the companies that reflect that culture, are truly catering to the needs of the people and not suck catering to the lowest common denominator.

• Love
Reactions: Growler0128, sbmccue, antoniorain789 and 1 other person
If anyone from the UK be willing to ship a pack to me I'd be very grateful! I can only find them in boxes of 120 on amazon but really don't want quite that many all at once. Please pm me if you want to set up a trade!

Yes, I do wear Pampers Baby Dry Size 8. I find these diapers to be very comfortable for daily wear. These diapers are a good fit, good quality, and absorbent. However, they are a bit on the pricier side compared to other brands that are equally as good. I would say that Pampers are my 3rd choice for diapers now that I've tried several. Still not bad to be in the top. I used them for bed time because they are very soft but they aren’t good for running around and sag easily during the day. Great for a bedtime diaper.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and Growler0128
WearingLuvsPro said:
Yes, I do wear Pampers Baby Dry Size 8. I find these diapers to be very comfortable for daily wear. These diapers are a good fit, good quality, and absorbent. However, they are a bit on the pricier side compared to other brands that are equally as good. I would say that Pampers are my 3rd choice for diapers now that I've tried several. Still not bad to be in the top. I used them for bed time because they are very soft but they aren’t good for running around and sag easily during the day. Great for a bedtime diaper.
Can I ask what your waist size is? Do you use tab extenders or can you fit in them normally?

• Love
patrick1776 said:
There really isn't a mass market product for older kids with special needs. A few adult diaper companies offer xs or youth sized versions of their adult diapers, and now baby diaper companies are inching up to those older kid sizes, but most special needs families really are stuck using goodnites or other bedwetting products for full time incontinent kids. Bedwetting pull ups are not designed for these kids, and it is wrong and sad that they are the only viable option for so many families.
Even if there were enough of a market, P&G wouldn't cater to it because it would risk the brand being tainted by AB/DLs using the product and posting review, pictures, videos, etc. An unfortunate truth: We're toxic to much of the marketing community, and they'll go to enormous lengths to avoid any sort of association with big babies and diaper lovers.

I wish this weren't the case, but it is.

• Love
Reactions: Growler0128 and martin6479
southeastlittle said:
Can I ask what your waist size is? Do you use tab extenders or can you fit in them normally?
I have a 25 inch waist. I use them on a regularly basis. I can still fit in them normally. I am very underweight for my body. My underweight is due to a Malnutrition Syndrome which is a Medical condition that is not talked about. My growth hormone levels are very low. I do have a feeding tube that continuously runs nutrients into my body.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and Growler0128
Can someone point me towards this video with the vintage German pampers please?

• Love
Check out youth diaper world on YouTube.

• Love
Back