Diaper pails in the house

Stacy

Stacy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Do you have a diaper pail at your house? Where do you keep it? How do you conceal it if you have company?

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover
Yup I bought a little white garbage pail from Walmart with garbage bags that smell good to keep in my bedroom by my changing station and ill take the bag out every so often so the smell don't build up

I use one of those push to close/open lids on a decently nice looking trash can that is stand alone.
It does a decent job at containing smells, but i am on the lookout for something better.

As for keeping it concealed.
I have a room in the attic that used to be a spare bedroom.
Nowdays i use it to keep my diapers there.
I mounted a code/fingerprint to enter door latch on there.
Just in case.

I have a diaper champ adult diaper pail, as for concealing it I keep it in my nursery under my changing table which is in my finished basement. I keep the door locked so that inquiring minds don’t see

I just have a large flip top lid (with automatic, gesture, open and close) in my room that I use.

I would like to get something like a diaper genie with those little cartridges that automatically twist and seal around each nappy but they don't seem like they'd fit many adult nappies inside and not sure if the hole in the top would be bug enough for a very full ab nappy either.

I don’t have one but would like one

I just use a box, then I hide it in the closet if I know if anyone is going in there.

I have mine in my room , no one usually goes in there, but you could tell sometimes from the smell if it's full

Belarin said:
I just have a large flip top lid (with automatic, gesture, open and close) in my room that I use.

I would like to get something like a diaper genie with those little cartridges that automatically twist and seal around each nappy but they don't seem like they'd fit many adult nappies inside and not sure if the hole in the top would be bug enough for a very full ab nappy either.
I have a dekor plus and it holds about 8 adult diapers

Reactions: Belarin
I use a standard trash can with a lid that I keep in the bathroom. It looks completely normal as long as I take the bag out regularly.

Reactions: TigerDL
I have two Diaper Dekor Plus diaper pails. One has their standard bags and stays in my bathroom; I use it for disposable diapers. The other has their wet bag as a liner and my SO uses it for cloth diapers. It is beside our washing machine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashton84 and Dry247
sbmccue said:
I have two Diaper Dekor Plus diaper pails. One has their standard bags and stays in my bathroom; I use it for disposable diapers. The other has their wet bag as a liner and my SO uses it for cloth diapers. It is beside our washing machine.
I tryed cloth, and too messy to do cleanup, and expensive

Dry247 said:
Thanks for letting us know. :censored:

• Haha
Reactions: Ashton84
I have a Janibell Akord (M400BW 13 gal capacity) and I keep it in my bathroom. I have a larger bathroom including a big shower, toilet and a bidet. My home has 3 bedrooms (master bedroom and 2 guest bedrooms) with 3 bathrooms. One in the master bedroom, one that shares between the guest bedrooms and a powder bathrooms in the hallway next to the family room. If I have company they use the powder bathroom. Never had a guest snoop my bathroom. If they see my diaper pail, first, it doesn't smell and second, it looks fairly normal.

I have the Janibell Akord slim diaper pail and keep it in my bathroom. I just got it recently, so I haven't had to deal with the situation of having guests over yet. However, I am considering to just keep it in my bathroom even if I have guests over.

Reactions: sbmccue
I had someone see my nursery a couple of weeks ago - an old girlfriend from nearly 50 years ago - and she didn't say a word. I found her lack of comment strange because she knows I have no children or grandchildren, but I didn't bring it up!

Anyway, someone seeing my diaper pails out and about poses no real terror for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dry247
In the bathroom. I do not try to hide it. My day diapers are on a shelf in the bathroom too.

Dry247 said:
Clean up is not that bad really if you stay on top of it and apart from the initial expense of buying enough cloth nappies it actually works out a lot cheaper in the long run.

I worked it out a while back and if I went back to wearing 24/7 and changing properly (say 5 a day), for me to do all the laundry (roughly 3 full loads of nappies each week) would cost between £76 and £115 for power and water use and another maybe £20-25 in detergent so at most £150 a year overall.

Well £150 buying in bulk cases would buy around 60-80 printed AB nappies depending on brand or about 126 maybe 147 Tena ultima's so anywhere from 2 weeks to maybe 4 weeks if I stretched out the Tena's. So basically 1 month in disposables getting through 5 in 24 hours would cost the same as washing a whole year in cloth while wearing and changing the same amount.

Even if the cost of laundry has doubled since then (highly doubt it since average cost of laundry in UK is 50p - £1 depending on location) I would still be getting 10 months worth of wearing effectively "free" with cloth compared to disposables.

Even spending £400-£500 initially on nappies after 6 months they have paid for them selves and I would be saving £150 a month and looked after those nappies should last years (though PP would need replacing here and there). Factoring in replacement PP and wear and tear it's still £1500 a year cheaper than disposables.

Getting back on topic though...
Dry247 said:
I have a dekor plus and it holds about 8 adult diapers
I may have to look into the Dekor plus, 8 adult sized nappies is a pretty decent capacity and if it can use a wet bag liner as well for cloth that's pretty useful. Do they fit well through the lid or is it a squeeze? also how many would you say one cartridge can wrap and does the wrap work well at containing the smells?

The one thing I would like more than a nappy pail is one of those nappy sprayers that attach to the toilet for rinsing cloth nappies like this.
Aquaus 360° Diaper Sprayer - NSF Certified - 3 Year Warranty (ADST-360 ...

Not sure how well I'd trust myself with the plumbing to fit one though and it is kinda obvious on the side of the toilet.

No, I just put each wet diaper into a scented bag from NorthShore and keep the bag in my bathroom until I can put it into the kitchen garbage can. The kitchen garbage does begin to smell like a nursing home after a while, so I take it to the bin outside every 3-4 days, or sooner, if I've been wetting a lot. We recycle or compost most of our household waste, so that most of our garbage by weight is my used diapers.

Reactions: Dry247
I had an industrial bucket with lid in the furnace room before we sold the house. But I found that the laundry was too much for us and wifey pleaded with me to use disposables.

Now that we're in an apartment, I just walk my diapers down the hall in a kitchen catcher bag along with the scooped kitty litter to the garbage chute, once/day.

Reactions: gobphus and Dry247
Back