Any Diapered Musicians

Goodnites607975 said:
Any one here who loves music? I do. I play the piano and the violin. lol
Im a violinist myself not great but not bad either what kind of violin do you have
I have a hofp violin I had it appraised three years ago in Hartford Connecticut and found out his apprentice had made it in 1871-1876 in Germany don’t remember where in Germany. I also gave a run of the mill violin I purchased in London in 2017 it sounds really well but has no makers mark

Reactions: oldskool
Twee said:
My cousin toured in the 80’s, he said touring takes a lot out of you and you have to be conditioned to go on tours.
i also toured in the 80's .. it was a lot easier back then.. and a LOT more money. Touring is tough, you have to really discipline yourself.

I traveled with musicians years ago and I remember a story about a drummer that supposedly had a weak bladder and would get so excited he'd wet himself during a gig if he didn't wear a diaper. Stories abound in that lifestyle and I never paid a lot of attention to them but as a diaper lover myself, that one caught my ear.

randy1959 said:
i also toured in the 80's .. it was a lot easier back then.. and a LOT more money. Touring is tough, you have to really discipline yourself.
That’s also what my cousin said that the money was vey good back then.... he said playing out now isn’t worth it unless you love music.

Reactions: oldskool and randy1959
Used to play the electric bass back in the day, might try to get back into it this year. Also bought a didgeridoo I need to learn to play, because why not!

Reactions: oldskool and OriginalWetone
Soupsoup72 said:
Used to play the electric bass back in the day, might try to get back into it this year. Also bought a didgeridoo I need to learn to play, because why not!
Great attitude! :D

I do bits of everything: singing, directing, violin in orchestras. It's tough being a pro musician in these circumstances, but it's still my vocation and I'm pretty determined to do it.

Piano!!

Reactions: oldskool and antte91
Ex-professional classical pianist.

Reactions: oldskool and antte91
I am a self taught drummer, bassist and guitarist, going on 23+ years now.
I have my own recording studio at home, and enjoy writing my own music. I have been in a good handful of local bands, non professional of course, but mainly for fun and live local performances.
I love jamming with other musicians the most though.
I tend to play rock and the heavier, faster genres, especially when it comes to drums. Double kick drums for the win!

I'm finally accepting it now, and embracing it, the trolls can be quite hardcore, I got one that is going to cause problems....

I have my degree in organ performance from Westminster Choir College, Princeton. I've been a church music director all of my adult life. Now I play a lot more piano than organ. I also was the keyboardist for a very good cover band as we played all over the state of Virginia. Our biggest gig was an yearly outdoor even where we played for over 20,000 people. I still play in a band on a smaller, more sane level...haha.

I also used to go on a yearly week long tour with a church choir and it was a drag. It felt good at the end but it was a lot of hard work.

Reactions: oldskool, KendallP, antte91 and 1 other person
I started taking violin lessons in October 2017 while trying to help my daughter with her violin. She started playing a year earlier on the recommendation of her physical therapist.

Reactions: oldskool, antte91 and dogboy
haha yes, i took the username xD

I play sax and i have varying levels of experience on a few other wind instruments as well. currently in school for music too!

randy1959 said:
was a professional touring rock keyboardist for 8 years.
Did you manage diapers on the road? If so how?

Up and coming artist here. OAB when excited about something sucks. I wet myself on accident about a dozen times before I realized I needed protection. Me and my vocal teacher love messing around with my perfect pitch and can get a little too exciting sometimes!

Reactions: SalemRose
I’m a drummer. I love wearing diapers to gigs.

Reactions: SalemRose
I consider myself a drummer, who plays for fun, I have taken lessons here and there, but mostly, I am just naturally decent at it. I guess that happens when you grow up in a family with drummers, and have your own drum set even at the age of seven. now at the age of 45 and living in an apartment in the city, can’t really have your own drum set, but managed to find a way to still be able to play drums, and became really good friends with a guy that runs his own small venue that doubles as a band practice space. well, I’m not that great of a drummer, I can very much appreciate very skilled and complicated, drumming, and have actually been able to see some of the best drummers in rock or metal live. Saw a drum clinic with terry Bosio. oh back in the late 90s. within the past two years was able to go see dream, theater and experience Mike, me and Jeannie, and a few months later got to see John Petrucci doing his solo thing with Mike Portnoy on drums. whenever I go over to my friends, place to play drums, I’m always diapered oh because of my oab

Reactions: dogboy
nikthewerelion said:
I consider myself a drummer, who plays for fun, I have taken lessons here and there, but mostly, I am just naturally decent at it. I guess that happens when you grow up in a family with drummers, and have your own drum set even at the age of seven. now at the age of 45 and living in an apartment in the city, can’t really have your own drum set, but managed to find a way to still be able to play drums, and became really good friends with a guy that runs his own small venue that doubles as a band practice space. well, I’m not that great of a drummer, I can very much appreciate very skilled and complicated, drumming, and have actually been able to see some of the best drummers in rock or metal live. Saw a drum clinic with terry Bosio. oh back in the late 90s. within the past two years was able to go see dream, theater and experience Mike, me and Jeannie, and a few months later got to see John Petrucci doing his solo thing with Mike Portnoy on drums. whenever I go over to my friends, place to play drums, I’m always diapered oh because of my oab
I'm sure it's not the same feel but you could buy a set of electronic/digital drums and listen to them through headphones. It might give you more practice time. Both my piano and organ are digital. Piano is a Yamaha Avant Grand N2 and organ is a Johannus Opus 377. The piano has a real grand piano action so it's close to the real thing. All organs including most pipe organs have your typical organ action so they both work well for me to practice on.

Anyway, good on you for pursuing your musical dreams.

Back