New diaper in Canada?

thickdiapers

Loving diapers since 1974!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Just came across this website for biodegradable adult diapers - I am curious, has anyone tried them?

thickdiapers said:
Just came across this website for biodegradable adult diapers - I am curious, has anyone tried them?

I would like to try them but not a lot of information about them like are they plastic or cloth backed diapers plus they only ship them just in Canada not anywhere else in the world

Reactions: soggybottoms8882 and thickdiapers
I find the eco-friendly and biodegradable marketing comical... Unless they're explicitly disposed of in a special manner, like composting, or removing the fluff and processing the shell and the contents separately (this is apparently somewhat common in Japan, and I've heard it's done at scale, getting entire care facilities to cooperate), they're not going to break down in any reasonable time period. If they end up in a landfill while still intact, they'll largely be no different than any other diaper. Yeah, apparently there are currently no facilities in Canada that will do that composting, but they're talking to one about doing it in the future...

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and thickdiapers
Yes, it's a new start-up company and they did a pilot contract where my father stays in lower mainland, BC. My father has a big bladder and usually with Prevail or Tena, he would leak out and would need a full clothing change. With the switch to these new briefs, he hasn't had that issue. It's nice that its eco-friendly but I'm just happy that it's a lot more absorbent for my dad which has improved his quality of life.

Reactions: thickdiapers
cathy said:
Yes, it's a new start-up company and they did a pilot contract where my father stays in lower mainland, BC. My father has a big bladder and usually with Prevail or Tena, he would leak out and would need a full clothing change. With the switch to these new briefs, he hasn't had that issue. It's nice that its eco-friendly but I'm just happy that it's a lot more absorbent for my dad which has improved his quality of life.
Awesome! I'm so glad to hear they're working out well for him.

Reactions: thickdiapers
I'm in southern Ontario and I have a homecare psw lady helping me with daily life things 2x a week from 0730 am to night when I am ready for bed. She accompany me to hospital and Physiotherap appointments these days.

Daily especially "out of my apartment" I end up having one or several urgency incontinence accidents. Using my wheelchair it's "already to late" by the time I find and can use a public men's room or family handicapped bathroom.

During outings I wear "TRANQUILITY ATN" briefs with tabs size medium 7.5 of 10x they keep my pants dry 98% of the leaks are small being between my legs and/or under my butt . They are "more" reliable for bedwetting than sitting in my wheelchair

My homecare psw lady helping me also works at an assisted living facility.
2weeks ago she brought from the assisted living facility 15 of these above mentioned eco friendly incontinence BRIEFS/diaper that a company sales representative shipped them a case of 100 size medium eco friendly bidegradable premium adult BRIEFS/diape in size large to "test" "the superior benefits" compared to normally use products.

First size large looking at the first one opened up I was thinking that it was going to be way to big on my skinny buttocks. I was actually surprised I got a very good snugly fit the tape tabs at the top came to the middle almost touching the bottom tape tabs set upwards placed about the same as the TRANQUILITY ATN medium size BRIEFS/diaper.. the BRIEFS/diaper came up just past my belly button way higher than the TRANQUILITY ATN do.
I used 6 at night for bedwetting even though "bigger" than the TRANQUILITY they were really comfortable kept my pajamas and sheets dry not even a bit of dampness I often get with the TRANQUILITY ATN briefs. (Not a leak just damp)
My homecare lady (Anna) convinced me to give them a "trial run" at home in my wheelchair. I was definitely quite embarrassed by what she wanted me to do. I gave 4 a test run using them same as happens when I go out of my apartment. 2 briefs I used once zero leaks. 2 brief I used twice I was truly surprised getting zero leaks. If I used the TRANQUILITY ATN briefs "2x" I'd have very wet pants I knew that from a couple unfortunate episodes.

5 I wore during outings.. I had to wear my a bit too big jeans over the BRIEFS/diaper instead of my normal size jeans. The TRANQUILITY ATN briefs "disappear" with a hint of the outline probably no one can tell it's from a BRIEFS/diaper. HOWEVER THE other BRIEFS/diaper that are a bit bigger,thicker and a lot wider in my middle/"between the legs" the bulky poofy outline really obvious. Anyone who has children would probably know right away its the same look of as a child wearing diapers under pants. Wearing my bigger size jeans I could hide it.

4 I used during outings with zero leaks or dampness. I wore one during my 3hr Physiotherap appointment needed to help me with walking after surgery to repair both my badly fractured heels.

I had to change into my TRANQUILITY ATN brief.. the other briefs in 2hrs the padding separated and bunched up caused me an awkward embarrassing situation I had an accident ended up with very noticeable wet pants from the bunched up brief aka diaper badly leaked literally everywhere.

So I'm opinion about these BRIEFS/diaper is two sided..
I'd definitely use them again for bedwetting and in my wheelchair. BUT I WOULDN'T WEAR THESE UP AND ABOUT USING MY ARM BRACE CRUTCHES THE BRIEF BUNCHED UP DURING PHYSIOTHERAP FROM ME WALKING AND MOVING AROUND LEAKING SO BADLY THAT I MIGHT AS WELL NOT BE WEARING IT. IT HAPPENED ONCE CAUSING ME ANXIETY DISTRESS OF THE EMBARRASSING INCIDENT THAT WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED WITH THE TRANQUILITY ATN BRIEFS I NORMALLY USE

Reactions: xux and thickdiapers
I wonder if they ship to the States. And are they cloth or plastic backed?

Back