Diaper Database relaunched

bnet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Just wanted to update everyone on some recent work done to the site I started last year. Long story short, the hosting model I chose was just to expensive for the effort and I wanted to find a better solution.

I’ve rebuilt the site from scratch- and want to focus on the database aspect before moving into any other areas.

As such, I have relaunched https://diapered.life

For privacy: any accounts created previously were deleted and all content was deleted.

Once again, the main goal is to create a filterable database of diapers. I hope to add images at some point and ( maybe ) some sort of basic chat / comments / discussions that would be strictly scoped to the specific diaper being viewed.

I hope some find this useful and I hope some will help add to the database ( that does require signing up ). But overall the concept has been greatly simplified from what it was previously.

This really is more of a personal project so I assume there will be quirks, bugs, etc.

Reactions: tas84, critter74, BBBen and 4 others
looking good, love the simple interface

Ok, that's interesting, but I feel like it could be better.

Years ago when I smoked a pipe, I found the website tobaccoreviews.com to be tremendously helpful in finding things I might like to try. The tobaccos were sorted by style categories, brand, and name, with user-submitted ratings and reviews. I thought at the time that it would be great if there were a site just like it for diapers. I lacked the wherewithal to do it myself, so it remained just an interesting idea.

I think it should include both adult and children's diapers and pullups, with strict rules about keeping reviews factual to the function of the diaper, with nothing sexual or fantasy themed allowed, and no pictures. The idea would be to have parents be able to compare notes about things they might like to try on their children without encountering crotch shots and sexual remarks, and adult wearers could learn about everything out there, and have peace. Or peas. Something like that.

Maybe you can do it? The whole world would thank you.

that's a lot of work you've put in, there! i think this is a really cool idea! i'd love to see how it progresses and develops! it's hard for me to keep track of all of the different diaper brands out there sometimes, so something like this is handy!

Last edited:
Thank you all for the feedback. It is a combination of fun, stressful and educational…

I do plan to add all genres of diapers: adult to infants. And, I would like it to be a place that non-Abdls would be comfortable visiting. So, that does raise challenges.

One consideration is allowing the user to “hide” adult related diapers.

Maybe have images off by default and allow the user to enable them.

I do want to go back to the ability for visitors to provide ratings / reviews / etc. I wish I could find a way to do that without requiring an account be created ( I think that deflects a lot of potential people ) but so far I only have a loose theory.

Categories are an interesting idea - I assume you mean Adult, Youth and Infant? Or maybe categories based on print style such as solid, patterns, cartoon etc.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and BBBen
bnet said:
How about allowing images of only the diapers themselves? No flesh.

The problem might be enforcement...

• Thinking
Reactions: mistykitty
littleFeathers said:
How about allowing images of only the diapers themselves? No flesh.

The problem might be enforcement...
That was another consideration… maybe allow mannequins, etc.

Using AI it may help separate allowed images, but that adds a cost component.

I like the idea of allowing images showing proper wear - mainly because I like to know how a specific diaper will look. But moderating posts is something I am not especially interested in. So it’s a challenge to decide where to go on that front.

Pretty cool site actually. I love the idea of it. Quite friendly to use as well. (y) 😺

Reactions: Tigressmoon22 and BBBen
bnet said:
Thank you all for the feedback. It is a combination of fun, stressful and educational…

I do plan to add all genres of diapers: adult to infants. And, I would like it to be a place that non-Abdls would be comfortable visiting. So, that does raise challenges.

One consideration is allowing the user to “hide” adult related diapers.

I do want to go back to the ability for visitors to provide ratings / reviews / etc. I wish I could find a way to do that without requiring an account be created ( I think that deflects a lot of potential people ) but so far I only have a loose theory.

Categories are an interesting idea - I assume you mean Adult, Youth and Infant? Or maybe categories based on print style such as solid, patterns, cartoon etc.
Categories such as adult or child, tape or pullon, plain or print....some of that might be better handled with tags?

And I think allowing images is a Pandora's box you're better leaving unopened. Remember the Boundless....

PadPhilosopher said:
Categories such as adult or child, tape or pullon, plain or print....some of that might be better handled with tags?
I think that Tape / Pullon is accounted for by the Brief / PullUp tags that exist… as for Adult / Child, that’s where I hope the waist size comes in. I may add an option for Weight once I add infant / toddler diaper brands. Since those use weight instead.

Not sure I know the boundless reference… have to play images by ear I suppose.

Also, unrelated, I have started adding a Vendors section.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
bnet said:
I think that Tape / Pullon is accounted for by the Brief / PullUp tags that exist… as for Adult / Child, that’s where I hope the waist size comes in. I may add an option for Weight once I add infant / toddler diaper brands. Since those use weight instead.

Not sure I know the boundless reference… have to play images by ear I suppose.

Also, unrelated, I have started adding a Vendors section.
Boundless was a true size 8 childrens diaper, and their scAmazon page got filled with crotch shots of adults wearing them. There's speculation that this is a contributing factor to why they're no longer made.

Understood. I do remember trying those but I don’t always look at Amazon so probably missed thank ( thankfully 😅).

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
PadPhilosopher said:
And I think allowing images is a Pandora's box you're better leaving unopened. Remember the Boundless....
Maybe you can allow images to be submitted (in some fashion) and then decide on a case by case basis whether to approve any given image.

AJFan2020 said:
Maybe you can allow images to be submitted (in some fashion) and then decide on a case by case basis whether to approve any given image.
That would require a team of moderators if the site became at all popular. Sifting through images would become an endless task for one person.

I’ve started working on a discussion component that will allow basic posting; confined to a specific diaper - for instance: someone could navigate to Tykables Little Builder Medium and ask a question and others could answer.

Unfortunately that does require creating an account- but I don’t want to deal with spam bots. I am still thinking of how to allow posting without requiring an account.

Not overly happy with the interface, yet, but it is a start.

… still no decision on images. I am thinking of an upload form, but, require approval before they are shown.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and AJFan2020
Back