How many adisc members who are abdl BEFORE you were IC?

I for one was not so much AB but more a Diaper Lover. ;)

I’m absolutely in the “started as IC and became <somewhat> DL” camp. It certainly does exist.

In my case, working up the nerve to buy protection was really hard. I was literally peeing myself at work and still coming up with excuses - to myself - for why I was “just fine”. These were not full voids, mind you, but I had some impressive wet spots on my khakis at times.

All to say, once I broke through the barrier and started using protection, the sense of confort and assurance they gave me was profound. It far outweighed anything negative. Over time, I have come to really like how diapers feel to wear, not in a sexual sense, but speaking of the the tactile experience: the tight fit, the bulkiness, the plastic exterior, and to a degree even the crinkle sounds. It all adds up to something that has a very positive connotation for me and I would honestly miss wearing them if I no longer had to manage IC. I guess I’m extremely lucky, even if I’m weird for it, that I actually like the prodcuts I need to use to manage a medical condition.

Ic and Dl was ic now just enjoy been in dialers 24/7

Been IC for more than half a centuary, wasnt into the AB thing at all, had a GF bring it in for some fun...As long as need diapers can have some fun with it then.

I will say that the GF that brought the AB stuff to my attention, and another long term live in GF is a nurse...

They did get me into better diapers, was using hospital diapers/attends/depends (old 6 tab), then both the availabity and knowing where to look for the. Use megamax most the time.

Reactions: richieboy
I started off as a dl,for many years, then started developing incontinence 3 years ago due to worsening fibromyalgia and MS

Teen Age DL and the usual use and Purge over the years and been Incontinent for the last 11/2 years.

Me! Absolutely me. I've been ABDL for years and just developed stress incontinence this year.

for me i have always had what we refer to as a strong child-like/kid like personality (explorer, fun loving, playful). it has stayed with me throughout my life. there could be many factors to the why coming from how i was born to environment. having a little/AB side i think is in everyone just stronger in some and some embrace it more freely and let it shine through whereas many adults are taught to suppress it. But in the right circumstances/situation such as going to an amusement park, zoo, movie, activity, festival will bring out the kid no matter what age a person is. people express the kid inside in various ways. So i would say AB was there way before my IC issues. IC is not tied to being AB it is just a fact of physical health issues within my body. My AB side is emotional and mental and i embrace it and let it shine because it brings me happiness and helps major with my mental health issues (PTSD, Bipolar, ADHD, depression, anxiety, and Autism) i don't judge either one my IC or AB and i don't give an F what others think of me especially when it comes it either my IC or AB side. I love having a child's heart and being an explorer helps me see a messed up world in better light. Maybe for some having to deal with IC allowed them to open up to what is already inside them their AB side and help soften the challenges that come with IC. to be honest my IC can be a drag at times on my AB side because my AB side is an explorer who doesn't want to have to stop to change his diaper. Life is far too short to over analyze the why, where, and who all the time. embrace who you are at any given moment and be happy as much as possible. like the person you see in mirror whether he or she is in a diaper for IC, ABDL, or for whatever reason. Hats off to the ABDL community because they helped bring about some very welcome changes to help people with IC in dealing with the challenges of IC with much better products on the market and easier access to those products.

Reactions: Teddy02
I definitely was a DL. I had accidents when I was younger and definitely was put back in Diapers at a certain point, but it didn’t last forever. I still continue to have accidents here and there, and always had a fear and anxiety over having accidents when I was out and about. I always thought it would just be easier to be back in Diapers again the other thing to keep in mind with me is that I am very visually impaired, so independence came a lot later for me and was a lot harder especially when you can’t really get around very easily and you have that fear of accidents and the anxiety that goes along with it so when I start wearing diapers regularly when I was 20 and even beyond then all the way till I was about 36 divers were a normal thing for me not necessarily 24 seven but I wore them a lot just to make life a lot easier for me. When I was 36 I lost a lot more vision surgery that saves my vision in general made it a lot worse , so I adapted to that, started wearing diapers a little more than I did, but not by much I was pretty much wearing them all the time anyways. About seven years ago, though is when I started taking pills and stuff for type two diabetes met Forman made me have a few accidents here and there, not so fun , but guardians is when I really noticed a difference, having to piss like 12 times a day, and leaks and stuff, like that, and then, more recently taking Ozempic, or I’ve had whole days of just going through half a pack of diapers because of having accidents. Yeah probably my fault for eating the wrong shit but you don’t realize it until it’s too late. so I mean at this point I might not necessarily be considered truly incontinent but I feel like I just need diapers at this point anyways and since I’m already in the 24/7 I consider myself incontinent.

Joeysms said:
for me i have always had what we refer to as a strong child-like/kid like personality (explorer, fun loving, playful). it has stayed with me throughout my life. there could be many factors to the why coming from how i was born to environment. having a little/AB side i think is in everyone just stronger in some and some embrace it more freely and let it shine through whereas many adults are taught to suppress it. But in the right circumstances/situation such as going to an amusement park, zoo, movie, activity, festival will bring out the kid no matter what age a person is. people express the kid inside in various ways. So i would say AB was there way before my IC issues. IC is not tied to being AB it is just a fact of physical health issues within my body. My AB side is emotional and mental and i embrace it and let it shine because it brings me happiness and helps major with my mental health issues (PTSD, Bipolar, ADHD, depression, anxiety, and Autism) i don't judge either one my IC or AB and i don't give an F what others think of me especially when it comes it either my IC or AB side. I love having a child's heart and being an explorer helps me see a messed up world in better light. Maybe for some having to deal with IC allowed them to open up to what is already inside them their AB side and help soften the challenges that come with IC. to be honest my IC can be a drag at times on my AB side because my AB side is an explorer who doesn't want to have to stop to change his diaper. Life is far too short to over analyze the why, where, and who all the time. embrace who you are at any given moment and be happy as much as possible. like the person you see in mirror whether he or she is in a diaper for IC, ABDL, or for whatever reason. Hats off to the ABDL community because they helped bring about some very welcome changes to help people with IC in dealing with the challenges of IC with much better products on the market and easier access to those products.
I understand much of this as it is how I feel. I don’t have the ADHD etc problems to deal with, except dyslexia that made me feel like a complete failure growing up. I was a bedwetter, with my first dry night at 12 years old. I hated it (being wet) and was also desperate for some motherly affection. I only started to look to nappies when my sister was born, I was 9. My interest was alerted when nappies appeared around the house. I too have had a quite childish interest in things that I think have sparked my creativity. However I have never wanted to be an AB, for me DL toddler was more how I felt. The nocturnal incontinence never truly went away and I became fully U-IC after only a few more years, that was tough at the time. Now after a prostatectomy I know I shall always need nappies.
So the question of ‘did the IC come before the DL‘? I would say hand in hand. Would I have been happier, who knows and who cares, I have long stopped worrying about it and enjoy all the aspects of life with which I have been blessed.
I do find it fascinating as to the differences we all manifest. I criticise no one as find all the aspects interesting as are the ways of it being expressed.

BabyAby123 said:
I started off as a dl,for many years, then started developing incontinence 3 years ago due to worsening fibromyalgia and MS
I'm sorry to hear about your fibromyalgia and MS. Either one would be bad enough, but both together? It's unfortunate that there's a shortage of doctors in your area. Is your incontinence a result of your diseases only, or did frequent diaper wearing contribute as well, as it did for me? Is incontinence a common symptom of fibromyalgia or MS? Good luck in dealing with everything!

hbic60 said:
@greatlake5: I appreciate your posts and threads in this section in general very much, but in this one I disagree a little with you. It seems to me that concerning IC you only accept pure black and pure white. But the whole world, including IC, is NOT only black and white, but also grey - and unfortunately there exists not only one grey, but thousands shades of grey. So, I'm very sure, that there are people who are genuine and medically proved incontinent, but maybe also have a DL or AB side - and it is for sure possible, that an AB or DL develops during live real incontinence.
Where do you see the red line to be allowed to post in the incontinence forum? Do you want us to show a medical certificate at the entrance door to Incontinence Section before we are allowed to comment?

Don't get me wrong, my UIC is real and I could show you prescriptions from my doc proving it, I do not define myself DL or AB at all. But on the other hand, as written in other threads, I have learned to accept my condition, I've decided rather to like my diapers instead of hating them, I sometimes even like to be diapered instead of rushing desperately with an urge to the toilet, or I rather release in my diaper with outside activities instead of staying at home - I sometimes question myself if this doesn't make me some kind of DL?!? But, as I said, the world is grey, not only black and white...

I don't care if someone posts here is purely IC or has also (additionally) other tendencies (which I tolerate without hesitation, but don't want to be discussed here in IC section), as long as the comment is valuable, respectful, in general is according to the terms of IC forum
You are right..for some of us this is a process...and not always on a straight projectory at that...it's ups and downs...quiet days or heavy days, sometimes for no fathomable reason at all.

Reactions: Neroforte
i was a bed wetter till age 12. from age 12 to age 70 i was a DL. then at age 70 i got fournier's gangrene and became fully IC due to nurve damage from the fournier's gangrene and will be in diapers the rest of my life and love it..

i dont know if my frequent bed wetting counts as IC, i dont feel like it does but i dont know. i was an abdl befor it started happening. now that it is happening tho i got a good excuse to go to bed padded lol dont want to ruin the beding hahah..

Back