Diapers cured my anxiety

princessarya

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I don't really know for sure if my bedwetting/OAB was the primary source of my anxiety, but I can tell you that I used to be a very anxious person and while my doctor knew of my issues, I was always afraid of sharing the anxiety part of it because I didn't want to have to tell a psychiatrist about it. Anyhoo, I know I am a recent convert to full time wearing (just passed a month), but legitimately I have had zero anxiety ever since. And really until just now it didn't even occur to me that my anxiety hadn't peaked it's head out of the closet. So at least for me, I think diapers cured it or at least has done a great job of lessening it. Has anyone else had similar issues?

• Love
Reactions: PaddedMI, NKY2020, skylanderpamp and 11 others
i've been curious to see if going 24/7 or even just padding up more often would reduce my anxiety, i really feel like it would! a lot of people on here talk about the safe and secure feeling their diapers give them, and how their anxiety has been reduced dramatically! i feel like i would have this reaction too, i'm just waiting to get to a place in my life where i can wear more often. i'm really glad to hear you had that experience!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and princessarya
PaddedPonyboy said:
i've been curious to see if going 24/7 or even just padding up more often would reduce my anxiety, i really feel like it would! a lot of people on here talk about the safe and secure feeling their diapers give them, and how their anxiety has been reduced dramatically! i feel like i would have this reaction too, i'm just waiting to get to a place in my life where i can wear more often. i'm really glad to hear you had that experience!
I mean it definitely helps that I am no longer worried about having daytime accidents, which was a major concern prior to this. Diapers have definitely improved my quality of life and hopefully you get the chance to see if it does the same for you.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, BabylinoAddict, Mapboy and 1 other person
So I think it can be a thing that helps anxiety. I've not talked to a professional about my anxiety. Ever since I was a kid I definitely slept better with less waking up if I was padded. When I had the ability to start wearing them it was strictly a bed time thing that I used to help me stay asleep. Being padded I would have far less frequent wake-ups throughout the night. I'm not IC or have any medical reasons to wear but the snug protection was and is definitely like a security blanket or lamp shade. It feels like a barrier against a world that's attacking me. At first it was a bedtime thing but it eventually bled over into the daytime. Having that protection from the world helps me brave the shear massive population filled with all kinds of negativity. It's an armor for my anxiety. Kinda in a way like how people have a particular item they keep on their person's at all times as their armor. In addition having padding as an armor, I also have 2 hats that are social armors. I feel naked in public if I'm not wearing my hat and it kinda has the similar reasoning behind it. It's something that helps me feel more confident in my self conscious image allowing me to get through my day with a more positive outlook. So I definitely think diapers can be a tool used to help combat anxiety and stress. Do I think the diapers helped your stress and anxiety? Yes. Do I think they are the only reason behind your decreased anxiety? No. I think in addition to you feeling more comfortable about being padded there are probably other aspects in life that are allowing you to feel more confident and proud. Which is helping you reach that comfort in your lifestyle which in turn helps better manage and understand your anxiety.

• Love
Reactions: NKY2020, Tori94, BabylinoAddict and 3 others
I’ve been wearing diapers on and off for various issues around urinary and fecal incontinence (I am not having any of those issues right now) since I’ve been in college. But there is something about being in a diaper that brings me an inner peace that nothing else can. When I am padded up, I feel nice warm soft hug from a longtime friend who pass judgment, like you for who you are, and provide that security that nothing else can’t. I hope this helps.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and FrumJewDL
princessarya said:
Diapers have definitely improved my quality of life and hopefully you get the chance to see if it does the same for you.
(y)

Reactions: NKY2020 and BobbiSueEllen
I’m glad it helped with your anxiety. Drugs usually have side effects and stop working after a while.

Mental heath and anxiety drugs just help you with finding the causes and eliminating them. What in your life triggers you?

CLeazy928 said:
So I definitely think diapers can be a tool used to help combat anxiety and stress.
This tool helped a lot fighting anxiety and stress since the day I was diagnosed with a throat cancer 5 years ago. Kindly hope this malignant lymphoma will never return.

Reactions: Sidewinder
I don’t wear 24/7 but do at night and I am sleeping a lot better since then

Reactions: BabylinoAddict and NKY2020
I always wear at night and I really does help me sleep better

• Love
Reactions: BabylinoAddict and NKY2020
I have OCD. I'm asymptomatic now, but back when I had symptoms (which were moderate/severe for several years), diapers were like Ativan to me. I'd put one on and almost immediately be totally at ease. They have a similar, relaxing effect on me now, albeit not as pronounced. Totally get where you're coming from.

Reactions: princessarya
CutestPaddedFemboy said:
I always wear at night and I really does help me sleep better
Also they help me find my safe space. I don't think I could go without the safety and comforting that diapers and feeling little can give me

Reactions: BabylinoAddict and princessarya
Back