Those that wear betterdry...

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve read so many people report that they wear betterdry as their day diaper and some even say they put booster in there…. my questions is, how do you do it, how do you make this work without it being blatantly obvious that you’re diapered?

betterdry are not discrete when dry, they’re stiff as a board and have a prominent stiff outline. When wet, they swell up like a balloon. Yet, I hear people saying they wear betterdry and they think that no one notices? How is this possible?

• Thinking
Reactions: Woncrinklz, Canadianfalls and EmX
I don't worry about strangers. And thus far nobody that knows me personally has said anything. Maybe you're overthinking it? Your clothes are more form fitting?

Reactions: dl015, diapernh, Jorelaxed and 2 others
Same. My underwear. Nobody else's business.

Reactions: dl015, DiaperedBedwetter1998, Woncrinklz and 2 others
Cozycomfort1 said:
I don't worry about strangers. And thus far nobody that knows me personally has said anything. Maybe you're overthinking it? Your clothes are more form fitting?
Cozycomfort1 re: your avatar ... "wow huh huh huh huh huh .... it's .... tooooooddddddd" ... "this is gonna be cool" :)

Reactions: Vinylfeet
I typically wear baggy-ish shirts or a baggy sweater this time of year. I’m not doing a lot of walking around though. The most obvious they get is right before I change. Typically I hang out at a library or a Starbucks to get my work done, and most people are just staring at their computer when I get up to change and no one notices.

Reactions: espectro and Jorelaxed
Lepew, what would you use that you feel is discrete enough?

I’ve used Betterdry with boosters through an airport and across 2 flights. I felt it was discrete enough with black jeans that weren’t super tight. I always figure a leak is way less discrete than anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotTheAverageMan, Jorelaxed and Ortler
LePew said:
I’ve read so many people report that they wear betterdry as their day diaper and some even say they put booster in there…. my questions is, how do you do it, how do you make this work without it being blatantly obvious that you’re diapered?

betterdry are not discrete when dry, they’re stiff as a board and have a prominent stiff outline. When wet, they swell up like a balloon. Yet, I hear people saying they wear betterdry and they think that no one notices? How is this possible?
It is a good thing to fluff diapers before use either by kneeding them between your hands or to put them for few minutes in the dryer for clothes without heat. This makes diapers less stiff and so they are more comfortable and get a better fit. This also has a positive impact on the capacity. in my opinion and treated like this betterdry is a neatly discreet diaper under matching clothes wich i use sometimes under regular pants even at work (office).
Best regards,
Allesindie

Reactions: lilmuse, NotTheAverageMan, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
I wear them all the time during the day and nobody has ever said anything to me. They are very comfortable.

• Love
Reactions: NotTheAverageMan, Seasonedcitizen, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
I used to wear them with baggy jeans and loose untucked shirts. It´s a rather scruffy look but nobody can tell you have them on; not even when soaked.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Jorelaxed
Vinylfeet said:
Lepew, what would you use that you feel is discrete enough?
I’d say that the betterdry day is discrete enough when dry or wet but just barely.

Reactions: Pino, Seasonedcitizen and Jorelaxed
DinoFrant said:
It´s a rather scruffy look but nobody can tell you have them on; not even when soaked.
That’s kind of the problem, scruffy isn’t really a good option.

LePew said:
I wore them for 6 months in a row with slim jeans and no one noticed or cared you're thinking about the spotlight effect too much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240202_070746_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240202_070746_Samsung Internet.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: dbcl92, Jorelaxed, Ortler and 1 other person
LePew said:
Well, in that case you can try going a size up for the waist of your trousers and adding a jacket. I didn´t mention it earlier because I feel somewhat self conscious with tucked in shirts, regardless of the diaper I have underneath.

LePew said:

I've worn Betterdry (10) without a booster out and about for years now and I never find this. I always take a few out of the packet so they can decompress, then fold in a v shape and stretch before putting them on. I've never had the stiff as a cardboard thing in many batches.

I don't even upsize my jeans, just wear normal ones (not baggy not skintight). It's not obvious at all in the mirror. Same for my joggers.

Reactions: Ortler and BuffedBaby
Honestly, I don't care. I need them...

Reactions: Woncrinklz and wearforsafety
I've worn betterdry in public several times. don't think anyone ever noticed even though I wet them thoroughly.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, Ortler, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
A couple of years ago I bought Forsite AM/PM diapers on a recommendation. Well, they were so noisy and plasticky that I didn't wear them to bed (or otherwise). But not wanting to discard them I needed a way to use them up.

My solution turned out to be to wear them to stock car racing events (a hockey game would also do). At the track, nobody's going to hear them crinkle above the loudspeakers and the race cars going around the track. These races run for about 4+ hours so I did actually need them being U-IC. So in the end, they got used up and John Q. Public was none the wiser. These were no doubt the most crinkly diaper I have ever worn.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, Jorelaxed and wearforsafety
No one is looking to see who wears diapers. Just relax.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, Ortler, dbcl92 and 2 others
ben0510 said:
I've worn betterdry in public several times. don't think anyone ever noticed even though I wet them thoroughly.
How are the beterdry days? I got a case and they seem real thin. Not like ABU ones. I am afraid to use them.

jyamiolkDL said:
How are the beterdry days? I got a case and they seem real thin. Not like ABU ones. I am afraid to use them.
They’re great, hold 3-5 wettings depending on size. One of my favorite things is how evenly they swell up so they’re not super obvious when wet and their odor control is absolutely amazing. Odor control is one of the most important things to me and BetterDry (regular and day) have the best odor control I’ve ever smelled and trust me, I’ve got a good nose.

Reactions: Ortler, Pino and xux
Back