Changing times diaper company is closing down

That really makes me sad….I went there for the first time a couple of months ago and bought my first packs of ABDL diapers (I usually wear medical disposable diapers) and met Gayle. She is the nicest person I met there was very open minded and not judgmental. She was helpful about the different kinds of diapers they sell.

I feel like they’re trying to get rid of the brick and mortar ABDL business which is a shame because some people frown upon ABDL as some kind of weird fantasy

• Wow
Reactions: DBabygirl2 and Jorelaxed
Soooo…I guess no more Bear Hugz Diapers? That’s a shame because they are by far one of the cutest diapers ever. Wish I could get some to try.😭 If any has any left over…..

Reactions: Jorelaxed and ShyBoo81
Cottontail said:
Wow, that’s disappointing. At the same time, I feel like the downward spiral’s been underway for a couple of years—the discontinuation of Bear Hugz, then their cloth diapers. I stopped paying attention to them after that, to be honest. The Bear Hugz thing was probably the biggest sign of trouble. I just don’t think there’s enough of a profit margin in AB diapers unless you’re selling your own brand. Selling Tykables, ABU, and other stuff that can be gotten elsewhere… Not really a viable business plan IMO.

If this causes them to circle back and revive their cloth line, that would make this bunny happy. I wish them the best in any case. Obviously this has been a tremendous labor of love on their part and they’re owed some respect for that.
My sentiments exactly!

I've been a customer of Robert and Gail for many years - long before they moved to Las Vegas. But, haven't purchased from them since they discontinued there cloth diaper line since that is what I use almost exclusively. I've never met them, but they seem like nice people. Their customer service was fantastic.

I wonder if they are also getting ready to completely retire from the business. If I recall correctly, the move to Vegas was their retirement jig. The brick and mortar store will be sorely missed, as is their wonderful cloth diaper line. I wish them the best.

Reactions: DBabygirl2
Babybike2 said:
I've been a customer of Robert and Gail for many years - long before they moved to Las Vegas. But, haven't purchased from them since they discontinued there cloth diaper line since that is what I use almost exclusively. I've never met them, but they seem like nice people. Their customer service was fantastic.

I wonder if they are also getting ready to completely retire from the business. If I recall correctly, the move to Vegas was their retirement jig. The brick and mortar store will be sorely missed, as is their wonderful cloth diaper line. I wish them the best.
camdendl said:
That really makes me sad….I went there for the first time a couple of months ago and bought my first packs of ABDL diapers (I usually wear medical disposable diapers) and met Gayle. She is the nicest person I met there was very open minded and not judgmental. She was helpful about the different kinds of diapers they sell.

I feel like they’re trying to get rid of the brick and mortar ABDL business which is a shame because some people frown upon ABDL as some kind of weird fantasy
What!!?? Their store was on my bucket list! 😔🥺 I wish them the best but will miss shopping online with them. Now idk where to get my cloth ones.

I hate hearing this, I really wanted to stop in the next time I was in Vegas. I miss Loving Comfort too, they were the best!

PrettyLilPrincess said:
I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

I was browsing the CTDC website, then I came across the blog post stating that the company will close its doors at the end of 2023. It's been around since I was in preschool (August 2007). This is unfortunate, as I wanted to go there someday.

Yeah, I saw the blog post. This is indeed sad. I was so lucky. In 2018, I happened to be passing through southern California with some extra time on my hands, so I turned north at Needles and made a special trip to Las Vegas to visit CTDC. It was such a wonderful experience. Bob & Gayle are really nice people who have worked hard for us. They're getting a little older now and would like to retire. I think I heard that in-store retail business didn't fully bounce back after the covid. Maintaining a brick-&-mortar showroom is expensive (unless the business owner happens to own the building. With inflation and supply-line problems, it can really affect your cash flow.

This may be a business opportunity for someone with business savvy, who understands that running a business with a showroom is important to ABDLs, and who think they can make a go of it.

It's sad...brick-n-mortar are vital for an immersive experience but it's also getting pricey: to have enough space for a retail floor, a changing room, a warehouse in back is exepensive...then to maintain an inventory, to keep things fresh, to be educated & updated on product, to focus on customer service, to make concessions toward some degree of discretion to please the hyperreligious, government Muggles and the hyperreligious, pedestrian Muggles...and to do it all in a big city. That's expensive. It's sad to see it go like this, and it's no wonder they end up going online: the overhead is easier than with B&M.

I keep musing, wondering if CTDC was anything like the so-called "Forever Baby" Adult Baby store like seen on the CSI: Las Vegas episode "King Baby". Although the script for the segment (for the entire episode, at that) was a patent, pathetic joke, Madge the sales lady (played by Edie McClurg) could be my babysitter anyday! 🤭🧸🍼🥰

But away from the dessert and back to the main course: these times are an expensive time enough without existing as a purveyor for a fickle niche market like ours. One way of seeing it is like a small restaurant, which prides itself on its fare...but knows it's really the liquor & alcohol they sell which helps them make ends meet. Some AB/DL places put a sexual edge on their experience because it keeps the doors busy (not saying CTDC had such an edge, BTW...). That's sad because, for me, AB/DL isn't sexual. But it's like since the Muggle World sexualizes everything anyway ("Sex Sells"), they drive us to that edge, like the hounds drive the fox to the hunters. And then they point their hypocritical finger at us: corner us, demonize us. Tykables and the other store outside of Indianapolis are added proof.

That's how hard it is to survive as AB/DL Anything in a so-called 'free society' like ours. Scarlet Letter, anyone?

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaLugia, Subtlerustle, jbond007 and 1 other person
I was in the store earlier this month and Robert didn't mention anything about closing, he was even talking about new clothing designs and lines he is looking to add.

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Jorelaxed said:
for being sin city, it sure is conservative when it comes to abdls, yet you see people wearing dental floss as underwear on the strip.
Las Vegas is a curious city
You have a good point there!!
I also find it hypocritical that the vanilla world is ok with the kink of their wife wearing a catholic school girl uniform lookin like a little girl but ab/dl’s wearing diapers is taboo and they act like the morality police and want to run us off the face of the earth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed
No! I haven't had a chance to shop there yet!😭😭

• Wow
BobbiSueEllen said:
That's how hard it is to survive as AB/DL Anything in a so-called 'free society' like ours. Scarlet Letter, anyone?
I'll take that scarlet letter.

For those who didn't notice... They've updated their blog, and are staying open for another year!

• Love
Reactions: ChooChoo69, TigerDL, Zefrield and 5 others
Jorelaxed said:
for being sin city, it sure is conservative when it comes to abdls, yet you see people wearing dental floss as underwear on the strip.
Las Vegas is a curious city
Dental floss as underwear???

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, Jorelaxed and BobbiSueEllen
I'm sad I really wanted to try the bear hugs diaper and now not gonna get chance :'(

• Sad
Reactions: TigerDL, MegaLugia, bigtoddler96 and 1 other person
It's tough for any brick and mortar retailer to make a go of it today, especially for such a small niche market. That combined with the increase in real estate rentals in Vegas spelled doom I'm sure.

Reactions: Babybike2
Guys, I was in that shop on Friday before last. They are in good health and definitely around for another year at least. I spoke to the owner about after he retires and would he sell the business as a going concern. He said he had a least two people locally who would be interested in taking it forward. So maybe relax and let commerce play its part. Such a cool experience speaking face to face with someone about, for example, the merits of a particular of plastic pants or washables etc.

• Love
Reactions: TigerDL, Babybike2, vp39 and 8 others
CptKirk said:
Dental floss as underwear???
Dental floss underwear - aka String Bikini -or- more correctly a string brief.

Cottontail said:
Wow, that’s disappointing. At the same time, I feel like the downward spiral’s been underway for a couple of years—the discontinuation of Bear Hugz, then their cloth diapers. I stopped paying attention to them after that, to be honest. The Bear Hugz thing was probably the biggest sign of trouble. I just don’t think there’s enough of a profit margin in AB diapers unless you’re selling your own brand. Selling Tykables, ABU, and other stuff that can be gotten elsewhere… Not really a viable business plan IMO.

If this causes them to circle back and revive their cloth line, that would make this bunny happy. I wish them the best in any case. Obviously this has been a tremendous labor of love on their part and they’re owed some respect for that.
Selling other company's goods can work as a business plan as long as you are moving enough merchandise for them. For years I dealt with a supplier of laboratory equipment and supplies that moved so much merchandise that they were able to undersell their own supplier. Crazy, but it worked for them.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and MegaLugia
ABChick said:
Guys, I was in that shop on Friday before last. They are in good health and definitely around for another year at least. I spoke to the owner about after he retires and would he sell the business as a going concern. He said he had a least two people locally who would be interested in taking it forward. So maybe relax and let commerce play its part. Such a cool experience speaking face to face with someone about, for example, the merits of a particular of plastic pants or washables etc.
I sure hope they can sell the business when the time comes. They have put so much into it. It would be fitting if they could get some income from selling.

Reactions: ChooChoo69
Back