Did anybody have to wear diapers with embarrassing characters as an older child. (9-12) What was it?

evergreen6097 said:
I remember when GoodNites switched from plain white to I think BMX? It was toward the end of my bedwetting sadly but I do remember thinking they were WAY better than the plain white.
How old were you when you stopped wearing them? Ever have anyone find out you did?

I've never worn a diaper after I was potty trained, unfortunately. The only diapers that I did wore (at my leisure) were some Goodnites. I probably would've loved to wear some Huggies or Pampers that would fit me when I was little.

BabyBluePup said:
I've never worn a diaper after I was potty trained, unfortunately. The only diapers that I did wore (at my leisure) were some Goodnites. I probably would've loved to wear some Huggies or Pampers that would fit me when I was little.
How did you get the goodnites?

Reactions: Babygs2608
abcde12678 said:
How did you get the goodnites?
My parents still had a spare pack lying around.

BabyBluePup said:
My parents still had a spare pack lying around.
Who were they for?

abcde12678 said:
Who were they for?
They were for me. I was the only person in my family (that I knew of at the time) who wore diapers until I was 4 and a half.

abcde12678 said:
How old were you when you stopped wearing them? Ever have anyone find out you did?
Uhhhhhh 😅 well I stopped waking up wet basically daily at 12. Was probably about 2 times a week until I hit puberty around 16 and have now settled to about 1-3 times per month.

abcde12678 said:
Did you have any friends or family, etc that knew you wore? Did you know anyone else that wore?
AFAIK it was just my immediate family and a couple doctors knew. I saw a pull-up from the kid of some family friends in the garbage during a visit once.

Last edited:
My mom had me wearing pullups just in case while we were out when I was out. However the designs could have been worse. They were disney princess. Compare that to the dora easy ups and the doc mcstuffin that came out a year after I stopped wearing. Could have been a lot more embarrassing,not that it wasn't already

Reactions: Bigrig
No I only had the white goodnites when I was 9 to 12, but I was in Huggies diapers when I was in the hospital for my 3 surgeries to fix my cleft pallet when I was 6 to 7 years old.

When I had to wear them I got put into Luvs. the characters they’d have on them made it easier for me. I can say I hated getting changed. They’d have other diaper with little characters on them though. Like little ducks and things like that. I was ten in 94.

I can't say I was ever bothered by the designs on any of the pullups or Goodnites or Underjams or anything I wore for bedwetting as a kid?

I think part of me kinda believed the "They look like underwear!" part was true even though I'm sure all of us agree... No they didn't and don't, everyone can and could pretty much tell it for what it was immediately.

As I got older I know I purposely wore long shirts and stuff with jammies so no waistbands or anything would be seen by siblings or friends. Never really an issue that I remember!

Reactions: 12srepaid and wetaccident
Squirrely said:
I can't say I was ever bothered by the designs on any of the pullups or Goodnites or Underjams or anything I wore for bedwetting as a kid?

I think part of me kinda believed the "They look like underwear!" part was true even though I'm sure all of us agree... No they didn't and don't, everyone can and could pretty much tell it for what it was immediately.

As I got older I know I purposely wore long shirts and stuff with jammies so no waistbands or anything would be seen by siblings or friends. Never really an issue that I remember!
Even better "They look and feel like real underwear." HaHaHa!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ReadingInPampers
12srepaid said:
Even better "They look and feel like real underwear." HaHaHa!
sometimes i wonder why they bother putting that on the package.

My bedwetting lasted until I was a sophomore in high school which was 1995. Through most of the 80s, the diaps I wore at night were just plain white. But at some point around 3rd grade I think, whatever diaper my parents brought home from the store had Muppet Babies prints on the tape landing zone. I can't remember if they were Pampers or Huggies That was really my first time wearing a diaper with designs on them. At first I really liked them because I LOVED watching Muppet Babies every Saturday morning before PeeWee's Playhouse. But I do remember at school some other boy in my class started to get teased for having a Muppet Babies lunch box. After that, those diapers I wore to bed started to make me feel pretty babyish.
Aside from those diapers, I also remember wearing some kind of diaper that had wetness indicators on them. They were balloons with smiley faces. When I woke up in the morning, the smiley faces would be gone. They also made me feel pretty babyish.
Towards the end of my initial bedwetting days, I remember seeing an ad for newly released goodnites in a magazine at the doctor's office. I asked my mom for them and she was fine with letting me try them. But after they leaked pretty much every night, it was back to diapers with tapes. At that point, I was wearing a diaper called Super Toddler XL which were pretty much youth briefs that came from the grocery store. They didn't have babyish cartoons but they had a very faint tiny blue star on the tape landing zone.

Reactions: ReadingInPampers and thedlguy
Not diapers per se but I remember Playtex baby pants came in sizes for old children in boxes identical to the baby pants. When you took them to the cashier, she knew who the "baby" was.

I stopped wetting the bed when I was 9 but I was very small for my age so I’m pretty sure I was still wearing the size small Goodnites and not the L/XL that there was at the time. I don’t remember the designs that were on the pull-ups when I was wearing the XS size but it was probably like a cartoon design or maybe a Marvel hero. I just remember that the diapers I wore when I was towards the end of my bed wetting days were a camp design and then probably stripes or something. I don’t remember ever being embarrassed about the designs on the Goodnites. I was just embarrassed that I had to wear pull-ups in general. So no I guess the designs didn’t bother me. Honestly I wasn’t bothered too much by the diapers either it was just a routine that after I shower I put on my pull-ups and that was it. I was very embarrassed if someone brought it up but other than that, nothing much. But now I love wearing Goodnites so it all worked out I guess haha

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover and kjluvs
When I was 9-10 I was still put in pull ups for long trips out, despite never really needing then . I was small so it would often never be the dry nites I'd wear at bedtime, but it would be the Dora pull ups, something I'd bot have had interest in for years. It did always bother me I'd had a childish design on which would be suited to my little sister, but I had to remember more often than not they weren't visible or noticeable at all so it was only me that knew of it

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover
DLjoey974 said:
sometimes i wonder why they bother putting that on the package.
I suspect it was harder to get the first time user to try them, than getting a disappointed user to buy again. Once you try goodnites, I can't imagine you would be eager to go back to wet sheets every morning. But being willing to buy them in the first place when you are already used to wet sheets is a tough sell.

That phrasing is a bit dated at this point though, today they say underwear-like fit.

I do love to be eager to try goodnites when in littlespace because I am sick of diapers or wet sheets, only to find out they really are just big diapers, or worse, that they are thicker and more diaper feeling than actual baby diapers are. I pull some real memories of trying goodnites for the first time at age 12 when I get into that deep of littlespace.

Back