Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 5 guest views remaining

Difference between Femboy & Sissy

ShyBoo81

Just a simple guy who likes cute things
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Is there a difference between femboy and sissy? Or are they two words that describe the same thing?

Femboy, from what Ive seen online, is a guy who either crossdress as a girl or present themself in a more feminine fashion. Its something that got popular recently thanks to internet memes, the anime fandom, and social media in general. Honestly Im super glad that more guys are out there openly dressing up in feminine clothes! Maybe not in person, but at least online they do. It helps that this current generation is much more open to different types of gender expression

Sissy, from what I read, is a man who wants to get feminized on purpose and wears exaggerated feminine clothes. I could be wrong though so dont quote me on that lol. Ive only heard of this term when I was still just discovering ABDL. Also, I think it was commonly used waaay before femboys became a trend

Side note: I think femboys are kinda cute, which is why Im making this thread haha :LOL:

Reactions: CutestPaddedFemboy, Diapersntights, Angelapinks and 5 others
From my understanding you've pretty much got it. From what I've seen/read on here, sissies most enjoy the humiliation of being feminized moreso than actually holding a feminine presentation, while femboys are more likely to have feminine traits and presentation, or at least want to since some may not always feel comfortable expressing themselves as they'd like due to societal expectation, unfortunately. Of course there's going to be some variance and likely is a fair bit of overlap between the two.

And femboys are very cute! I always like seeing people breaking down gender stereotypes and feeling comfortable expressing themselves.

• Love
Reactions: KittyninjaW, Angelapinks, CuriousFabio and 6 others
Hi ShyBoo,

I can answer this question only from my experience. I think the word femboy is used just like the word tomgirl: A male (or a male identifying person) with gender expression.

A sissy is for me someone who wants to be feminized in a submissive way. This includes for example also thinks as wearing a chastity device (When I feel sissyish it is a must for me to wear one ^^) and only having sex in passive way.

Reactions: KittyninjaW, Angelapinks, GenderAffirmingTherapist and 3 others
You're right that the term sissy goes way back. I can remember kids calling others sissies back when I was a kid. The term seemed to have a number of meanings but mostly it meant not meeting the standards of being a male, tough, fighter, etc. It was a derogatory term and usually resulted in a fight where I grew up on the Jersey Shore.

In the AB/DL world, it has an entirely different meaning simply proving that the term has a lot of meanings.

Reactions: Diapersntights and ShyBoo81
Femboys regularly choose shorts.

I know that sounds banal but I think it illustrates a different attitude at the heart of a shared area of interest.

Sissy is - generally speaking - much more drag and therefore much less informal than the femboy identity.

That's my observation at least.

Reactions: ShyBoo81
A sissy is a male that prefers the company of females and accepts an inferior status in female society. He is the little or kid sister. He adopts female mannerisms and a female point of view regarding males. His outfits are both feminine and juvenile. He will always be a little girl, never a woman.

Reactions: Freefinallydone, GenderAffirmingTherapist, JazzBaby and 5 others
dogboy said:
You're right that the term sissy goes way back. I can remember kids calling others sissies back when I was a kid. The term seemed to have a number of meanings but mostly it meant not meeting the standards of being a male, tough, fighter, etc. It was a derogatory term and usually resulted in a fight where I grew up on the Jersey Shore.

In the AB/DL world, it has an entirely different meaning simply proving that the term has a lot of meanings.
Dogboy, you have stated the core of it. I have refined the definition below. See if you agree.

Reactions: dogboy
Even though my username is SissyAlice i don't know if i always fit into the sissy role as i just like to relax when wearing girl cloths rather than it being over sexual.

As for femboys i feel am too old to pull of the femboy look but if i was born a lot later i highly suspect i would be one, for now i just like to subtly mix things up a bit when out in public by wearing not so obvious girl cloths.

Reactions: Angelapinks, ianwee and ShyBoo81
Sadly I can't fit in both definitions:
- I don't enjoy the humiliation play on this sissy definition;
- I am more into one piece dresses and maid uniforms than college skirts and tank tops (and I am not as young and fit as those femboys)

=/

Reactions: Diapersntights and Angelapinks
BuddyBoy said:
A sissy is a male that prefers the company of females and accepts an inferior status in female society. He is the little or kid sister. He adopts female mannerisms and a female point of view regarding males. His outfits are both feminine and juvenile. He will always be a little girl, never a woman.
Agreed. She also wants to be forcibly dressed and treated as a little girl. To be teased and humiliated and made to cry as well as being smacked and spanked. A sissy will do her utmost to behave in as submissive a manner as possible accepting her natural inferiority. Ideally she will be under the control of a strict Mummy and much younger ladies.

Reactions: Angelapinks, RachelOlivia and (deleted member)
PansyPetal said:
Agreed. She also wants to be forcibly dressed and treated as a little girl. To be teased and humiliated and made to cry as well as being smacked and spanked. A sissy will do her utmost to behave in as submissive a manner as possible accepting her natural inferiority. Ideally she will be under the control of a strict Mummy and much younger ladies.
Thank you, pansy for expanding upon our understanding of the sissy. Women and girls can cultivate the sissy, but men confirm her. I do not think sissies are made, I think they are born, and under the right circumstances they blossom into who they are. Tell us more about what you think.

I tend to agree that sissies are born rather than made as I had the desire to dress as a little girl at the age of four of five. This desire increased with age and was very strong by my early 20s which encouraged me to try and implement it. Naturally, this was difficult but I have achieved a good deal since as I now have a Mummy and Babysitter and can spend some time as a little girl. Of course, most of my time is as an adult male so there are and always will be restrictions. I have experienced the humiliations of being dressed and seen in my pretty clothes but there are always limitations (for example, I do not venture out in public).

Sissys are in awe of a real man’s erection. The first time I saw one ,in my early teens, I got butterflys in my stomach. My knees became weak and I found myself kneeling before the young man. Once his penis was in my mouth tears of joy flowed down my cheeks. I had found my true calling at young age.
PansyPetal said:
I tend to agree that sissies are born rather than made as I had the desire to dress as a little girl at the age of four of five. This desire increased with age and was very strong by my early 20s which encouraged me to try and implement it. Naturally, this was difficult but I have achieved a good deal since as I now have a Mummy and Babysitter and can spend some time as a little girl. Of course, most of my time is as an adult male so there are and always will be restrictions. I have experienced the humiliations of being dressed and seen in my pretty clothes but there are always limitations (for example, I do not venture out in public).
when I saw Shirley Temple singing “Goodship Lollypop” i fell in love with her image-l wanted to be her. I was preadolescent at the time. you are are indeed fortunate to have two caretakers.

Reactions: Deleted member 75402 and GenderAffirmingTherapist
yolandabelle said:
Sadly I can't fit in both definitions:
- I don't enjoy the humiliation play on this sissy definition;
- I am more into one piece dresses and maid uniforms than college skirts and tank tops (and I am not as young and fit as those femboys)

=/
You can be whatever you consider yourself to be, don't be ruled by others' definitions.

Reactions: ianwee and GenderAffirmingTherapist
PansyPetal said:

Unless you were born at four or five this sounds very much like a case of environment providing a key influence. I could just as easily be wrong but that is my impression.

PansyPetal said:
Oh how i wish I could experience being a sissy.

Reactions: GenderAffirmingTherapist
I never thought on the difference of those 2 before.. I think just like a adult baby can like sexual things or not, being a sissy/femboy doesn't necessarily implies sexuality (that would be like ace gay bi hetero..) A sissy can just as well be assexual, maybe they find comfort on dressing like a little girl.

As a little of a femboy myself, i kinda just like exposing more of my feminine traits and wearing girl clothes is a way to help that. I see sissy being like "a step more" on that, maybe its not only to expose the feminine side but also their child side, or their big submissive side.

But besides of that @Anemone is right, go for what u think its right. On your head u will kinda know the difference when u look at them

Reactions: RachelOlivia, JazzBaby, ShyBoo81 and 2 others
Historically speaking, every word or phrase that denotes a biological male who is feminine becomes a pejorative, which often leads to the coining of new terms to shake off the encrusted connotations of then old one.

Fem boy is like this. It does have a strict or static distinction with the word sissy, they are synonyms. But there are nuances of usage that can distinguish them. The problem is that those nuance depend on the time and audience. The distinction can be different from one subculture [no pun intended] to the next. And it could be different in a few months in the same subculture.

Fem boy is mostly a gender identity term. To see how the word sissy is used in this context, you may want to check this out:

GenderAffirmingTherapist said:
Historically speaking, every word or phrase that denotes a biological male who is feminine becomes a pejorative, which often leads to the coining of new terms to shake off the encrusted connotations of then old one.

Fem boy is like this. It does have a strict or static distinction with the word sissy, they are synonyms. But there are nuances of usage that can distinguish them. The problem is that those nuance depend on the time and audience. The distinction can be different from one subculture [no pun intended] to the next. And it could be different in a few months in the same subculture.

Fem boy is mostly a gender identity term. To see how the word sissy is used in this context, you may want to check this out:

Therapist makes a good point about the malleability of these terms. When I was growing up a faggot was not necessarily gay; the epithet was closer to weakling, lacking stamina. For instance, if someone failed or quit a challenge he was said to have "fagged out". His sexual orientation was not the issue.

Deleted member 67252 said:
This is what I crave with the proviso that I am under the control of a strict daddy.

Reactions: RachelOlivia
Back