View Poll Results: Would you rather serve your country and possibly die, or would you rather be french?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • French

18 58.06%
  • Be in the armed forces

13 41.94%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armed Forces or French

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Gays can be in the army...
    Can they really? I'm not gay but I'm curious about this now. I thought that prevented them from accepting you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Gays can be in the army...
    Depleted US Army still kicking out gay soldiers - from Pink News - all the latest gay news from the gay community - Pink News

President Bill Clinton had promised to open the military to openly gay and lesbian people during his successful 1992 campaign for President, but caved into pressure from the Army - the compromise was the current policy.

It remains illegal to be a member of the US Armed Forces and be gay, lesbian or bisexual.
    That article is from 2006. Don't know if anything has changed since then.

Diaper Lover

It's allowed under the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. Basically, they won't ask you if you are gay, and you don't tell them you're gay. I'm pretty sure you can still be discharged for being openly gay. [shrug]

The army pretty much accepts anyone that can breathe at this point >.>

You can be gay and be in the military, That's why they have the Don't Ask Don't Tell Act. and i rather Join The Armed Forces

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    French because my sexuality prevents me from joining the military.
    Not if you were French!

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered4lyfe View Post
    If you want to see something funny(prevalent to this) Type in french military victories in google and hit im feeling lucky.
    Pre-Napoleon, France was 16-1 with military victories-defeats.

Me, I'd take French. I don't know French, and that disappoints me. I really want to learn it, and wish I had taken it through highschool. It's just so complicated...

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

If I was French, I would find this slightly offensive. But I'm not so you are off of the hook this time. Ohnestly I wouldn't be either. I have no desire to be in the military and I am happy being American besides the way the government is. So I pick none of the above.

This doesn't begin to qualify for offensive status when it goes to bashing le french. If you can, watch the UK show Top Gear (on BBC America in, well, America). It's a huge car show ( no not a show full of huge cars ) and the presenters take great satisfaction in reminding viewers of the inadequacies of the surrender monkeys, er, French, whenever they review vehicles from the other side of the channel.

On Topic: I would join the military, then go to France.
    Last edited by Lil Snap; 29-Sep-2008 at 04:36. Reason: gotta be on topic

Adultbaby

You realize that France has the 2rd largest military budget in the world?

List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That being said, they have only the 20th largest army by active duty soldiers. It's still nothing to trifle with.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    but other than that I disagree with war as a means for peace.
    The USA and Russia never went to war during the cold war. I would say that war is a pretty good deterrent sometimes and thus makes peace. Of course I guess the best peace making is by just doing business with each other.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast