Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sports (riding horses) with incontinence

Quote Originally Posted by anna1985 View Post
    Hi Everyone

I have some troubles, with my incontinence when doing sports. I like riding horses but have to wear some kind of protection at the moment Tena Pants discrete they hold for the hour riding and then I have to change. Sometimes especially when I am wet the Tena is ripped apart through the movement, the inner side of the pants is ripped of. I have tried different ones but I had similar Problems with all kinds of diapers or Pants. I also have Problems going an longer trips with my horse, because I don't trust that the small pants for a longer time.

Is anyone out there how is riding horses and has to / or wants to wear diapers on the back of a horse or does anyone know what I can do to protect my protection from the excessive movement?
    Annie,

I think that given my background I can give you some sound advice. I ride horses all the time, and while not IC, I still ride at times being diapered.

I understand what you are saying and have experienced the same problems you have described about diapers or pads being "torn apart" by the movement. I often am riding at many different levels, sometimes at a full gallop, or even just a fast trot, and the amount of movement will cause most disposable types of products to fall apart once they have become wet.

Because I am involved in not just riding for pleasure, but searching for cows --sometimes on precariously steep slopes or in thick brush and trees, the thought of having to worry if my diaper is going to leak or be noticed by others is not something I want or have time to do. Hence, I too need to have a method that really works.

As far as wearing plastic pants as extra protection, I have found that that is usually a must, as the movement tends to push liquid out of the diaper even if it is the most absorbent and high quality. There has to be something that will be a backup layer of protection.

What I think is indeed the most effective, comfortable, and least likely to cause an embarrassing experience is wearing a cloth diaper, such as an "all-in-one" that contains not only the absorbent material, but also an outer shell. The cloth material isn't going to break up, or bunch up, like disposable products do. While they are more expensive than disposables, I think you will find that they are worth purchasing, even if only during the period while you are riding.

Just to be safe, wearing a thin pair of plastic pants gives some added level of protection as well as confidence that you are not going to have a noticeable leak. The plastic pants do become more uncomfortable during the summer, but it is kind of a trade off.

The problem with cloth diapers, as I am sure you might know, is that when you need to change, it is more difficult as you are not just going to dispose of the diaper by throwing it away in the garbage. When on an extended ride, this can become a bit challenging, to say the least.

However, what I have found is that it is very possible to ride horses, even in the most extreme types of outings and not have to experience embarrassing leaks or uncomfortable circumstances. I have found that the extra padding of wearing a diaper actually can make the experience more comfortable with less chaffing and soreness than without.

Good luck in your riding experience. I love spending time on horseback, even if most of the time it is spent working rather than just having fun.

Incontinent

Hi TeddyBr_Cowboy

Thanks for your reply. I Thought about using cloth diapers, But I sill have Problems finding a proper way to wear them under the tight riding trousers. I will try that out as soon as I have some. And I Think you are right, a extra Padding is not to bad for riding. After an some hours on the horseback last Summer I had experienced chaffing and soreness myself.

But have to stay on the line between a good protection and not getting caught by some of my riding colleges. Some of them don't know about my problem and I don't want to tell them.

Thanks for your adwise.

Greetings from Austria

Annie

Diaper Lover
    Incontinent

I haven't done much riding, but what I have done convinces me that sitting with your legs apart on a large self willed animal travelling at speeds you didn't expect makes wearing a diaper very appropriate!

Quote Originally Posted by anna1985 View Post
    Hi TeddyBr_Cowboy

Thanks for your reply. I Thought about using cloth diapers, But I sill have Problems finding a proper way to wear them under the tight riding trousers. I will try that out as soon as I have some. And I Think you are right, a extra Padding is not to bad for riding. After an some hours on the horseback last Summer I had experienced chaffing and soreness myself.

But have to stay on the line between a good protection and not getting caught by some of my riding colleges. Some of them don't know about my problem and I don't want to tell them.

Thanks for your adwise.

Greetings from Austria

Annie
    Austria, wow! That's quite a bit distant from the area I am from.

Well, as far as the tight riding trousers, this is not typically something I have to worry about. Although the jeans that I wear aren't exactly a loose fit, I am usually wearing leather chaps because of the terrain and vegetation that I am riding in. A tree or shrub can easily poke a hole in your pants and leg when chasing a cow that is intent on getting away. The chaps therefore are a must, but they also do a great job of covering up the added padding.

If I am understanding the type of riding and clothing that you are engaged in, I definitely can understand the problem. Unfortunately, if that is the type of clothing that is expected, I cannot offer any real solutions for the concern that cloth might be visible because of the bulk.

While no one else that I ride with knows of my interest, it would be very awkward for me to explain if necessary. However, even though the folks I ride with are truly the type of "rough and tumble" cowboys that you might see in a typical western movie, they all are good people. If I was IC and needed to wear them, I am sure that if I explained it too them individually, they wouldn't give me too much of a hard time about it.

One of the guys I ride with is an amputee. This makes it very difficult for him, but despite his situation, no one really pokes fun at him in a manner that is inappropriate. If he needs help getting on or off his horse, there are a dozen others who are right there to help him. If anyone ever says anything to him about it, it is not in a manner that causes any embarrassment.

I guess what I am getting at, is that given your condition, I would hope that the others who you ride with would be understanding and be true friends. In my situation, it is a choice, therefore it is not something I ever would want to divulge. But if it were for a reason beyond my control, I really believe that I could explain it too them without having to worry about any intentional harassment being received as a result. --granted, it would be difficult to at first explain, but the embarrassment that I might feel would be in my own mind rather than because of an actuality of them thinking less of me because of this.

Well, even though I don't have any other answers, I hope that this perspective might help.

Your other option is moving out west where riding horses in tight clothing isn't the norm, and wearing chaps is part of the typical attire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBr_Cowboy View Post
    Well, even though I don't have any other answers, I hope that this perspective might help.
    I almost forgot to mention the most significant and important part of my response.

Both my horse and my dog know about my wearing diapers and they don't seem to mind.

Teddy Bear Cowboy
    Last edited by TeddyBearCowboy; 01-Mar-2013 at 05:12.

Incontinent

Hello Teddy Bear Cowboy

Both my horse and my dog know about my wearing diapers and they don't seem to mind.
    I like this very much. It's true. My dog also doesn't care. He is sleeping in my room and he never complained or said anything embarrassing. And La Bomba my Norica horse. I don't know if she knows about it. Maybe.

And you are right when my riding colleges would probably find out about my little problem it wouldn't be such a problem. It's is more about my head. That I know or think that someone could see it. But here I have to gain more confidence and try some different cloth diapers. I think I will be able to find a diaper that will fit my needs so that I will have fun this summer. My longest trip up to now was 30 Kilometers (18 Miles) I hope I could get beyond this summer.

Thanks

Annie

Diaper Lover
    Incontinent

Anna i love to ride horseback too i have a 7 yr old American quarter gelding 15.5 hands high and i ride him all i can here in the states particularly in indiana.Im 24/7 inc due to bladder nerve damage.I use much thicker Abri san pad 11 or the special fecal pad with tight compression shorts underneath to hold it in.I normaly wear looser fitting jeans or demin shorts depending on weather.And because of my strong legs thighs and calves from riding moutain bikes 3k per year i have to have the larger size .jeans .im 42 in waist but use the relaxed fit .So maybe thats another idea for u of using the abri san pads i dont know if u can get them but cant hurt to try or if u have idk.

Incontinent

Hi Tef4622

Thanks for your response. I have tried out several new things in my riding lessons in the last weeks. And the mist important Thing is that I have to wear something over my diaper that protects it from the movement. With that my protection became more resistant against the movements and I can now wear my normal protection during the riding lessons.

Abri san pad... hmm I dont know if i can get them in europe. But I will try to test some different kinds of products. to find something that fits my needs.

Thanks Annie

Incontinent

hi all, it's andrea from italy (padova) i find this place today, i'm incontinent due to a surgical, my incontinence start after the medical surgical, last month.
    The doctor say this is a temporerly issue but not finish till now so i start manage,
    i love sport and travel,
    so need some advice how to manage and also how to make change during my travel
    see you soon
    Andrea

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover

Default Re: Sports (riding horses) with incontinence

Quote Originally Posted by andlu View Post
    hi all, it's andrea from italy (padova) i find this place today, i'm incontinent due to a surgical, my incontinence start after the medical surgical, last month.
    The doctor say this is a temporerly issue but not finish till now so i start manage,
    i love sport and travel,
    so need some advice how to manage and also how to make change during my travel
    see you soon
    Andrea
    I am sure that you'll be wearing a cloth backed diaper. The plastic will be somewhat muted. If I were in your situation, you should bring another bag or purse with you where ever you go. Or you can just buy a bigger bag that fits your needs and lifestyle. If you're driving to places you only need bring your change supply bag with you into the restroom. Once changed, you can put the used diaper into the bag before leaving the bathroom stall. If there is someone in the room with you, you can take it to a more discreet location to trash it.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    Sissy / LG

I ride horses too. I'm not incontinent but I have worn diapers when sometimes ride. I've never had that kind of problem before, even when jumping and galloping. I s'pect some plastic pants may protect the diaper though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast