Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you know how full your bladder is ?

Diaper Lover
    Babyfur
    Diaperfur
    Incontinent
    Caretaker

Default Do you know how full your bladder is ?

I have been chatting to a few of my friends that are D/L`s and found that *Normal* or continent folk seem to know exactly how full their bladder is, a bit like a fuel guage on a car. This is totally different for me, I sometimes and only sometimes get a hint that my bladder is about one third to half full, I then go to the toilet (if I can) and releive myself. If I ignore that signal the feeling of needing to go drops off completely and only when I am very full and am getting desperate to go does my bladder start sending the red warning lights. When I am asleep or even just laying in the bed and sleepy i do not get any of these signals most of the time.
    So do you know how full your bladder is ? do you have a fluid level built in? or not ?

Diaper Lover

for me it's like an on/off switch. I only get the red warning light. Which gives me about 2 min's to make it to the bathroom. When i'm sleeping i have no control of my bladder now for the past like 6 month's, so i just wear to bed every night.

As someone that's continent, I can usually tell how much I need to go, however not until I have a significant need to. If I consciously think of it, then I can usually tell, but it's not like in the back of my head I'm fully aware all the time. It's sort of like a fuel gauge in that way, too. If you don't "look" at the fuel gauge, you won't notice how much gas is in it, except when things the big "fuel-low" sign comes up, but with me, I can ignore it for like 12 hours if I try.

Diaper Lover
    Incontinent
    Caretaker

Quote Originally Posted by mazdasarefun85 View Post
    for me it's like an on/off switch. I only get the red warning light. Which gives me about 2 min's to make it to the bathroom. When i'm sleeping i have no control of my bladder now for the past like 6 month's, so i just wear to bed every night.
    Thats exactly how it is for me, doesnt help that i used to have little to no control when i was younger up until i was a teenager. Now i get that warnining light without much time to make it to the bathroom and i've never had much control at night.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    Incontinent

I have the On/Off switch as well. However, since becoming IC, I always have the feeling that I need to pee. It never goes away. I can usually control it pretty well during the day, but at night, there's no hope. I always have a diaper on while sleeping.

crazykittensmile

I am continent, but I definitely don't have a fuel gauge that tells me how full my bladder is. For me I either need to go, or I don't; after peeing there is no feeling for a good while, and I can't tell that the bladder is filling up until I need to go, so it is more like an on/off switch in that respect. However, that said, the need to go is not always the same and the level of desperation varies. Usually it's just an awareness that I will have to go at some point, and that builds up until it becomes increasingly uncomfortable and I know I will need to go soon. However, whilst I can measure how desperate I am that still doesn't really tell me how full my bladder is; sometimes I can go after being desperate and be surprised to have expelled so little, and other times I will go when I don't really need to (eg: if I know it will be my last chance for a while) and be surprised my bladder had been able to hold so much. So it certainly isn't like a fuel gauge in that respect.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    Incontinent

I never had any sense of knowing how full mine is and if I need to go. Often for me unless I feel like I'm about to go, it comes down to guesswork more then anything. If it is full and I need to go however I can notice that. Saying that though I don't know if I'm voiding when I'm full anymore or not sometimes but I guess being IC that's normal.

Diaper Lover
    Incontinent

As an incon guy, I'm also somewhat in the on-off category. My urges to go come on very quickly with not very much feeling the need to go beforehand. And once I get an urge, I usually have a minute or two to make it to the toilet or the urge becomes so painful that I have to let go and empty my bladder into my diaper. My urges are also to a considerable extent triggered by external stimuli or events. If I've been sitting or lying down for a while and get up, I often get an especially strong urge with little or no time before I start going. Getting out of the car after riding for a while, going outdoors into cold weather, approaching the bathroom door, filling my car with gas in cold weather, and the sound or feel of running water are also frequent urge triggers.

No I typically cannot gauge much of anything. The only time I know how full I am getting is when I am very dehydrated and that is because my bladder is filling very slowly. "Full" is sort of relative for me. From tests I have had done, my bladder just empties at around 110 ml. I have very little to no warning. On minute I could have absolutely no sensation and the next my bladder will be pushing urine out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast