Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers and UTI's...

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    Babyfur

Default Diapers and UTI's...

Does anyone here now if theres a link between diaper usage and getting a urinary tract infection ? I had a bad one last night and it got me to thinking, what could i have done to get this .

Gone in the out door lately?

Kidding :p

I can see how being diapered might increase the risk, but the infection needs a source. Are you spending too much time overly wet or messy? Maybe one of the 24/7 folks will have a little more insight.

Speaking as someone who has had numerous UTI's over the past several years!

I know from conversations with Urology doctors that wearing Nappies (Diapers) they do not put you at risk of getting a UTI themselves!

What gets some people is simply not drinking enough fluid as this makes the urine very concentrated and irritates the bladder.

When I last had an infection it was caused by a Catheter and I needed to get IV antibiotics and did I feel really bad or what!

Nappies are very safe so long as you do not put anything into your bladder whilst wearing it!

Stay nappied,

UKNappyman

Most incon people that I've talked to are like me. They stay in diapers instead of using catheters to KEEP FROM GETTING UTI'S. I would say that diapers alone do not cause infections. However, make sure you change on a regular basis, drink enough fluids and talk to your doctor about it. There is probably another reason for it.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    Incontinent

I have never gotten a UTI from wearing a diaper not even extended wear ones. Lack of fluids and bladder retention can be a cause for UTI's. My urologist is more concerned about my bladder not emptying all the way. He said that causes a lot of my UTI's so what does he do, wants me to catheterize to empty it. Well, as someone has already said, catheters or anything going up inside that area will cause UTI's a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by checkingoutall View Post
    I have never gotten a UTI from wearing a diaper not even extended wear ones. Lack of fluids and bladder retention can be a cause for UTI's. My urologist is more concerned about my bladder not emptying all the way. He said that causes a lot of my UTI's so what does he do, wants me to catheterize to empty it. Well, as someone has already said, catheters or anything going up inside that area will cause UTI's a lot.
    Assuming you keep everything generally sterile catheters are perfectly safe, and are less likely to cause a UTI then urine retained in the bladder, which is one of the major reasons people with voiding dysfunctions have a larger number of UTI's.

As far as the original question... assuming you aren't bathing your diapers in bacteria that will thrive in the urinary tract you should be fine.

Diaper Lover

You won't get an UTI simply by wearing diapers. Unless you are not very clean and don't use proper hygiene.

That is, don't stay in a wet diaper longer than needed and especially, not in a messy one.

But for "normal" diaper use, you won't get an UTI.

I think it's possible. The diaper itself, obviously not.

But if you don't change for a real long time, or you have a disgustingly messy diaper (that goes too much to the front)... it's very possible that bacteria can make its way through your urethra and make you a sad man.

I had a UTI a few years ago. It was the only one, and hopefully will be the only one I have ever. They are not very fun. The above is my only explanation for why I could've had one.

I have never had a UTI in my life, so I can definitely say that diapers don't cause them. Though I could how they could by what Jake said above.

Men are probably at less risk of having an infection from diapers, but women will probably be different. But as long as you change often, and drink plenty of water, you'll be fine.

If anything unsterilized (such as poop, an unclean catheter) gets into the urethra, then there's likely to be a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast