View RSS Feed

kerry

Changing my Username

Rate this Entry
Hi all!

When I joined, I decided to name myself ICkaraokegirl because, well, I am incontinent and I love karaoke. And I'm a girl. (Well, a woman, but whatever.) For a while now, though, I have felt that this monicker is a bit awkward and cumbersome. It has neither the zazz of some names out there nor the simplicity and directness of others nor the cuteness of still others. It's just...utilitarian. And it is too long to be utilitarian, in my opinion. So I have decided to change it.

To my surprise there is a mechanism for doing so; I expected this not even to be possible. I considered several options. I thought of calling myself GilmoreGirl after one of my favorite TV shows. I considered Zazz because I like the word. Since I am the Stories Mod, I could go with Editor in Chief or Fairy Tale or Storytime or Mother Goose or some such thing. If I wanted to keep a singing motif but get a bit silly about it, I could call myself Lady Googoo. Lots and lots of possibilities.

In the end, though, I decided to go with simplicity. So I will, in a little while, be changing my username to kerry. Why not? it seems like the easiest thing to do. And I will no longer have to deal with the unintended byproduct of my original choice: being addressed as "ICK" by everyone. (I swear: a girl could get a severe inferiority complex!) The change will come as soon as I feel I have made enough posts with my new signature that foreshadows it.

Don't worry though: I still leak just as much and sing just as much. Can;t change that stuff with the stroke of a few keys!

kerry
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I 100% agree with the name-change. To be honest, as much as I have completely understood that the name was meaningful to you, but... basically everything you said. It was missing some of the zazz or the simplicity!

I also love what you ended up deciding! Believe me, if I had been able to change to Angel..my actual name, I would have changed and never left. Congrats for finding what works, Kerry! I feel like deep down I always knew I would stop knowing you as as "ICKarakokeGirl" so this feels super right to me. Although I wish I could have called you Ick Girl one time just for playful teases.

Wait, I just did, didn't I? Better late then never, wonderful and very much not ick girl!
    I never thought of you as "ick" girl. I always pronounced it "I-C-K Girl" when I typed it and read it. Kerry is a good choice!
    Cool! Well, if you hadn't already settled on a new name -- better take it before somebody else does, btw! -- I was going to suggest grabbing some Dr. Seuss books and flipping through. So many great syllables in those things...
    Well then Kerry, Change away!
    I like the name "Kerry". A lot easier to remember.
    I think it's cool
    Easier to spell, too.
    Did you have to create a new profile or was there a way to change your username in your existing profile?
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.