View RSS Feed

kitterdafoxy

Story Time: The Time I Recreated Crystal Pepsi By Sheer Luck

Rate this Entry
Welcome to my first blog post, I doubt many people will even see this, but this is the first in a little series I like to call Story Time, where I will be telling funny, weird, or interesting stories from my childhood. So as the title says, I once recreated Crystal Pepsi by sheer luck when I was 11, I know I was 11 because I wrote the date of the incident on a piece of looseleaf paper and then wrote the recipe. So, yeah, I had already been living out my roleplay fantasies since I was 9 or 10 and occasionally I would remember a taste that I couldn't pinpoint from my younger years, this was one such time. Now I must preface this by saying that according to relatives, the first soda I tasted was Crystal Pepsi when I was around a year old, it had just been discontinued and they were selling it off cheap. As recalled by my aunt (not the crazy one), my uncle gave me a small capfull of the liquid for sore gums (I was being to get teeth around that time), and it helped for some reason. Flash forward about ten years and I'm researching "1992 sodas" and low and behold, I find a review on Crystal Pepsi describing it as a "clear, cream soda and sprite esque beverage". Being around 11 years old and having little to do since it was the middle of summer and iPhones wouldn't come about for another 4 years, I decided to try and mix cream soda and sprite together hoping that I would succeed in my quest for flavor. Most mixtures were either too creamy, or to lemony, but then I hit the jackpot after about try 25, I had closely, not completely, replicated Crystal Pepsi by sheer luck. I was amazed that I was so spot on and actually had my older cousin see if it was accurate, he thought it was pretty accurate. I also tried to replicate surge one time, but that ended up pretty bad and ended up making my tounge bleed from being too sour.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Heheh. Go and grab a vintage can or bottle of the stuff on eBay and tell us how it's aged. (Might wanna stand by the toilet in case your gag reflex is triggered!)

As a kid, I loved going to dinner at places where you got to fill your own cup from the soda fountain. I'd always put a little of every kind in. Unlike today, though, the result was always brown and Coke-like. Now we've got neon-green Fanta and all -- too many choices!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail
    Heheh. Go and grab a vintage can or bottle of the stuff on eBay and tell us how it's aged. (Might wanna stand by the toilet in case your gag reflex is triggered!)

As a kid, I loved going to dinner at places where you got to fill your own cup from the soda fountain. I'd always put a little of every kind in. Unlike today, though, the result was always brown and Coke-like. Now we've got neon-green Fanta and all -- too many choices!
    I've always wanted to snag an empty bottle from eBay, fill it with my mixture and set it in the fridge when company comes over, then casually drink it in front of them.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.