View RSS Feed

Going back home (A depressed fueled post)

Rate this Entry
After a half a year I'm heading back home. I like to think things are going to be okay, but I don't know what to after I get back. I'll probably get my old job back, but I still want more. I want to be able to on my own and stable while doing so. Why is this so hard. I want to go back to college, but I don't think I'm able get through it. My mom suggested trade school, but I don't know what I'm good at. I'm good with computer, but there is already so many people that can do that already. My head is stuck in circles thinking about what to do. I honestly would rather just stop trying. I'm have a bit of episode and all I want is to be taken care of for a few moments. I also had deja vu flash a moment ago and it's got me all freaked out and worried about people I care for. I'm feeling useless and pointless to the world right now.

I wish you well with your decision. We've had a number of threads, blogs, posts and PM's on this subject, and it's safe to say that you've been given a wide range of options and ideas, so we know this is an informed choice.

Don't be hard on yourself because things didn't work out the way you expected. At least you got some experience of living on your own and you have a better idea of what to expect. My work often involves helping people relocate and I know sometimes people may not be ready to leave the nest, regardless of the home situation. Sometimes it takes several tries before you find something that works for you. There's no shame in that. You'll do it when you are ready. My one piece of advice is to have a backup plan if things go wrong with your father. Make sure you have a safe place to go, such as a friend's home if there are any problems with him. Perhaps he'll be different now that you've been away for the last six months. I hope for the best, but don't stay in an unsafe or unhealthy environment for any reason. You deserve better than that.

Think of this as a period of reassessment. Take some time to reflect on the experience, what worked, what didn't work, and develop a new plan. You can get the old job back if you want and start saving money to afford your own place, or give some thought to going back to school. I still think you should talk to a college adviser to see what programs and courses are available, and how your skills can best be used and developed. You still have options ahead of you, it's a matter of reaching out and exploring them. Take some time to decide what you really want to do and have a plan in place.

Whatever you decide to do from hereon, you know you have our support and we all wish you nothing but success (and that will come). Life is a journey, and this is just a stop along the way. Take care, friend.
    best of luck to you :-) life keeps going, even when it's not going your way. i hope you find what you want! - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.