View RSS Feed

Mattew

It's only Tuesday...

Rate this Entry
Not a good week for me so far, and it's only Tuesday...

Funeral for a family member on Sunday to start the week off...(Don't really want to talk about that tho)

I got home yesterday (Monday) to discover an order from NorthShore waiting for me at my door...I was horrified when I opened it...somehow I managed to order the wrong size...I could have sworn that I was careful and double checked everything, before checking out. Thankfully, Adam at NorthShore has told me who to contact to be able to get everything returned. Just sent them the email. Hopefully everything will go smooth.

If ordering the wrong size of padding wasn't bad enough, I just got home from a doctor's appointment. Back in October I broke a bone in my foot. I didn't realize that it was actually broke, and didn't go into see a doctor about it until December 2nd. The doctor was insistant that I was going to have to wear a cast. I refused.

Wearing a cast would mean I wouldn't be able to drive. I live in a area with no public transportation. So not being able to drive would be very bad. I'd have to call someone to come over to my house, to take me to the grocery store. The closest grocery store is 20 miles away. Then they'd have to help me shop, drive everything home, and put everything away. I hate being a burdan to someone. I didn't even want to bother someone to help me move. I moved everything by myself, with the exception of a couple of items, that I did need a second person for.

So I was placed in a "Boot Cast". I was able to remove it to shower, sleep, change clothes etc.

So I was at the doctor, and he was checking out my foot. It needs more time to finish healing...he again began to insist that I wear a cast...after 30 minutes of arguing, he finally told me I could keep the boot. But I'm going to be wearing it for anonther month. After that he wants to see me again.

The current plan is:

Wear cast for 1 more month. (Hopefully, I have another appointment next month)

Put it back on, if I do alot of walking in a day.

No running / jogging / exercising for several months

He also had me do some walking for him. I was limping. He asked if it hurt, and that's why I was limping. I said it did hurt. He told me that it probably had something to do with the calcium that was building up around the break. (There was already a bunch of calcium that'd built up around it before, since I'd waited so long before seeing a doctor). He told me that once that cast was off, I'd continue to have pain and limp for at least 6 months. He said that if it continued past that, surgery might be needed...
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well, my condolences for the death...

Your plight with the injury accommodation is understandable... and, as inconvenient as getting help would be... you may now be looking at a lifelong issue with your foot... possibly even after what may be an inevitable surgery... It's probably a bad idea, not getting the proper treatment, in a timely manner... you do what you have to do, I guess...

Good luck with that, and best wishes!
    -Marka
    I sure hope your year picks up. At least it's not much to measure by at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Marka
    Well, my condolences for the death...

Your plight with the injury accommodation is understandable... and, as inconvenient as getting help would be... you may now be looking at a lifelong issue with your foot... possibly even after what may be an inevitable surgery... It's probably a bad idea, not getting the proper treatment, in a timely manner... you do what you have to do, I guess...

Good luck with that, and best wishes!
    -Marka
    Yeah, I'm worried about having life long issues with it. If I'd known it was broke I would have gone to see a doctor. Sadly, I didn't know it was broke. I had a sore spot on the top of my foot, that I only felt when I pressed on it. I thought that having a broken bone would hurt more. I'm learning that my sense of pain, is different than most people's.

And don't mis-understand. I'm not saying I have that genetic disease where I can't feel pain. I do. I've had broken bones before too. This didn't feel like a broken bone. I walked into the doctor's office that day thinking I had a sprained muscle. When he took x-rays and showed me, I was shocked. He was shocked as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor
    I sure hope your year picks up. At least it's not much to measure by at this point.
    Thanks. Yeah I'm hoping it gets better. There's a bunch of other stuff I didn't post. Let's just say it's been an interesting couple of months for me.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.