View RSS Feed

Sawako

My New Teddy Bear(Among other things)

Rate this Entry
I just finished up making a new friend today! She's a brown bear with colorful speckles over her fur. Her name is Poppy and she took about 6 hours to crochet. I'm honestly pretty happy with her, despite the little lump at the back of her head from the awkward stuffing. She's ok.
I used purple buttons for the eyes, and she is very soft and cuddly. I can't wait to sleep with her tonight and introduce her to Lenny, as I am sure they'll be best pals in no time~ I'd like to post a picture of her soon as a formal introduction to my family.

I also got the cutest onesie at walmart the other day. My grandma was taking me because she was dead set on buying me some socks and I made a half-hearted joke at these purple monster pajamas. She said to me "If you want them, I'll get them for you." and you can bet I was pretty happy. She might be cranky and hard to please but she's the best Mamaw ever.

http://www.polyvore.com/topshop_mons...ng?id=96204576 It looks almost exactly like the one here but the tummy is blue. I can't for the life of me find it on walmart's website, but this is similar enough, so you get the picture. ^_^

Thanks as always!
Sawako~
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Clever girl...I hope you have super nice snuggles with your new friend Poppy I'm jealous that you can crochet a teddy. is that a hard thing to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub
    Clever girl...I hope you have super nice snuggles with your new friend Poppy I'm jealous that you can crochet a teddy. is that a hard thing to learn?
    Not at all! The initial learning how to use the hook and getting used to holding it and the yarn was a bit awkward, but past that the actual stitches aren't that hard to do and they all make sense with each other. I free-handed Poppy but there are quite a few easy patterns online for stuffed animals that only use one basic stitch or so. If you'd like, you can message me and I can hook you up with some easy patterns for stuff.
    Haha that could be a fun holiday activity I have seen people crocheting and it looks like it takes a bit of a knack, but then I guess you develop the skill. I might just take you up on the links. I can't remember who, but someone on here does crazy looking coral with crochet...it looks totally awesome. I'll have to search my head.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.