neocarbunkle

Chinese Anime Con + Me Crossplaying

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c1393ffae6cd7b898b8ea18c0c2442a7d8330e98.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	22732

I am in China now and before my wife came here, I was looking for some fun things to do. I found out that there was a really big Anime con in early October so I decided to check it out. I love anime cons and went to them as often as I could in the US, but I actually never went to one in Japan (crazy right?). Well I didn't know what to expect but as soon as I got to the train station I saw cosplayers sitting on the ground doing their make up. As I followed the crowd out of the station I saw thousands and thousands of people in line. A good amount of them were in costume, and I just felt right at home. I don't speak Chinese very well, but just being around fellow otakus made me feel so happy inside.

Well the con was interesting. It was really just one big room with half of it for the dealers, a quarter for the stage, and a quarter for advertisements and what not. I spent most of my time walking around the dealers area and there I saw something I just had to have, a maid's outfit.

I have been interested in crossdressing a lot lately. I have always had a little bit of interest, but a few weeks before the con I actually dressed up and went out for a walk at night. So with that maid outfit I realized that I could dress up in public and be in a completely supportive and friendly environment, I had to do it.

So for day two of the con I brought my costume, wig and make up in a bag and went straight for the men's room. In the bathroom stall I quickly changed into my maid outfit, but obviously couldn't put the wig on make up on. I darted out of the bathroom as quickly as I could and I got a few strange looks. I than sat down in an empty corner and tried to do my make up and hair. A little kid was near by and said in Chinese "Oh look it is a foreign man dressed like a girl". I was really embarrassed but I fought through it and just tried to finish up as fast as I could.

Once I was done, I stood up and only walked a few feet before people started mobbing me for pictures. I was a super star. I think I was the only white guy in the entire convention, and I was crossdressing. So many people were just in love with me. Oh I felt so wonderful.

The only thing though, was that I don't think I fooled anyone into thinking I was a girl. I could hear girls squeal "Shuai-ge!" (handsome guy), which gave me some mixed feelings. Before I did this, I had sort of convinced myself that I was passable, but I guess I'm not. It was better to find this out at an anime con, rather than on the street I guess.

I really want to do this again, but now that the wife is back I don't think I will be able to. She hates so many things, particularly anime and being around people.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well you look like you were having a ton of fun!
    What a sweet costume! Personally, I'd like a longer sleeve and a longer skirt but you look great in it - I'm envious!
    Absolutely adorable! I like your shoes.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.