View RSS Feed

Mattew

Another year older, but not wiser

Rate this Entry
Well, another year has come and gone in my life. Yesterday was my Birthday. It was good, all things considered.

I got my collar back in the mail yesterday, something that was a pretty cool birthday surprise. I wasn't expecting it to come for another 2 days, since that's what the USPS tracking information was telling me.

I also got to go to an OKC Thunder game with my mom. I had fun, and our team won...but I probably shouldn't have gone. I broke a bone in my foot back in October. I just got a boot cast for it in December. The long drive to the game, long walk from the truck to the arena, and sitting in the seats, made my foot hurt. I was able to go without seeing a doctor for such a long time with a broken bone, since it didn't hurt. But I was feeling it last night. Altho, I think it was just the way the cast is, that was causing the pain.

I'm currently relaxing at home watching movies for the day, and trying to stay off my foot as much as possible. It's already feeling better. Not sure what it is about the boot cast that makes my foot hurt so much. But since I'm laying down now, I'm able to take it off, and it feels much better.

I'm also having some padded time. It's going to be a good relaxing day.

I'm trying to save as much of my energy as possible. I'll be going out to eat with family tomorrow night, as a birthday celebration.
Tags: birthday
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

When I was 12 I broke my ankle and had to wear a cast on my 13th. birthday. I actually went several days without seeking medical attention too.
    A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Mattew!
    -Marka
    Happy birthday! I hope your foot feels better soon. I had a fracture in my big toe last year and although walking was okay, it took a good while to feel 100% again.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine
    When I was 12 I broke my ankle and had to wear a cast on my 13th. birthday. I actually went several days without seeking medical attention too.
    Ouch! Sorry. That must not have been fun. Yeah it's not my first broken bone. I've had a few in my life.

I've got a weird pain tolerance / feeling. I was eating ice cream once when I realized there was something behind my molars, couldn't figure it out, since there wasn't any nuts in the ice cream.

I went home & looked in a mirror. All 4 of my wisdom teeth had ruptured through my gums. 3 were half way under my molars, & two were tangled in nerves in my jaw. Dentist looked at me like I was crazy when he asked how much pain I was in & answered: "No pain. I guess I can feel some pressure from the teeth pressing under my molars."

Quote Originally Posted by Marka
    A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Mattew!
    -Marka
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor
    Happy birthday! I hope your foot feels better soon. I had a fracture in my big toe last year and although walking was okay, it took a good while to feel 100% again.
    Yeah I'm hoping to be better soon. I go in for an x-ray on Jan. 6th, to see how it's doing. I'll have to have it tightly bandaged for awhile after the cast comes off. But I'm hoping to get it off in January...I have done a few things I shouldn't have...so I might have to wear it longer...but I need it off by Feb. at the latest. If it's not off I can't drive to my first furcon.
    Hey, my Birthday is Dec. 12 as well.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.